The Most Wild View On Creation

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Post by Philip »

Job 38:4-7 seems to indicate that the angels were at least in existence at the very beginnings of the earth's creation (some 4.5 billion years ago?).
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

The bible may not tell us exactly when angels were created but we can tell by reading scripture that they existed before other things did. It tells us about Lucifer's fall and rebellion against God also,it tells us a third of the angels rebelled against God.If you don't know this then you will have problems interpreting the bible even when it comes to your creation interpretation.I know based on scripture that the angels already existed when God created the earth and they had been created long before then to.The bible gives us clues to go by to know even if it doesn't get specific.This is one reason I accept the Gap Theory because they have the best answer backed up by scripture about when angels were created and how it ties into creation and it is important to know to have proper understanding as it relates to creation.The others have kinda overlooked angels and their story eventhough every Christian knows the bible tells us about angels.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Well jalvarez,

Cat got your tongue? Or were you just yec all along, pretending to shop at the GAP?

Nobody so easily, gives up on a belief that they defended as much as you defended your Gap Theory.

So what's the deal? Did Kent Hovind send you here from his jail cell?

*edit-nevermind. It seems Hovind was released last year. My, how time flies when you're evading taxes.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member

Post by jalvarez4Jesus »

RickD wrote:Well jalvarez,

Cat got your tongue? Or were you just yec all along, pretending to shop at the GAP?

Nobody so easily, gives up on a belief that they defended as much as you defended your Gap Theory.

So what's the deal? Did Kent Hovind send you here from his jail cell?

*edit-nevermind. It seems Hovind was released last year. My, how time flies when you're evading taxes.
Your post fits your profile picture. I was a YEC before Gap and now after Gap. Just because you defend something wrong fiercely doesn't mean you should hold to it when it is proven wrong to you. I'm an open minded person. Unlike most Christians who believe what they believe regardless of what scripture says. Btw, Hovind is a professional lying closet Catholic in my opinion.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jalvarez wrote:
Your post fits your profile picture.
Well that's good, because my profile picture is a picture of me.
jalvarez wrote:
I was a YEC before Gap and now after Gap. Just because you defend something wrong fiercely doesn't mean you should hold to it when it is proven wrong to you. I'm an open minded person.
An open-minded yec? I guess there's a first for everything. :mrgreen:
jalvarez wrote:
Unlike most Christians who believe what they believe regardless of what scripture says. Btw, Hovind is a professional lying closet Catholic.
Don't most Christians believe what they believe, because of what they think scripture says, not regardless of what they think scripture says?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Now ACB Jac has a gap YEC buddy. ;)
There K. Fixed it for ya!

-Edward R Murrow

jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member

Post by jalvarez4Jesus »

RickD wrote:Don't most Christians believe what they believe, because of what they think scripture says, not regardless of what they think scripture says?
Not really.
jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member

Post by jalvarez4Jesus »

RickD wrote:
Not sure I'd get along too well with someone who put me on his permignore list like a y~:> . I would have at least tried to answer myself, not ignore me (hope that makes sense :lol: ).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:
RickD wrote:Don't most Christians believe what they believe, because of what they think scripture says, not regardless of what they think scripture says?
Not really.
Well Josh Alvarez,

I guess I'd have to respectfully disagree. At least as far as theological things, most Christians I know, believe what they do as a result of how they interpret scripture. Although I guess the argument could be made that some believe what they believe, because someone else told them to.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:
RickD wrote:
Not sure I'd get along too well with someone who put me on his permignore list like a y~:> . I would have at least tried to answer myself, not ignore me (hope that makes sense :lol: ).
Well,

Now Jac and you can kiss and make up. You're both on the same team now. Although, I'm not sure Jac is going to believe that you switched from Gapper to Yec so easily. He's a very skeptical person. :wave:

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

jalvarez4Jesus, since you're shopping around ;) please check out my Sabbatical understanding.

Since you've left the Gap, and now YEC but Jac has you on ignore, I'd welcome you as my Sabbatical buddy. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:jalvarez4Jesus, since you're shopping around ;) please check out my Sabbatical understanding.

Since you've left the Gap, and now YEC but Jac has you on ignore, I'd welcome you as my Sabbatical buddy. :P
K,

I'm sure he'll switch right over. Jalvarez switches creation positions, more than Bill Clinton switches White House interns. :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

There are perks with my Sabbatical framework interpretation though, like I get to kick my feet up, relax and rest while more dogmatic positions fight it out. ;)
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:There are perks with my Sabbatical framework interpretation though, like I get to kick my feet up, relax and rest while more dogmatic positions fight it out. ;)
You might be able to guess how it all looks like kids talking about star wars, to me.

The dogmosis aspect just makes it funnier.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:There are perks with my Sabbatical framework interpretation though, like I get to kick my feet up, relax and rest while more dogmatic positions fight it out. ;)
You might be able to guess how it all looks like kids talking about star wars, to me.

The dogmosis aspect just makes it funnier.
Yes, I've noticed you like to create some sparks to have a laugh at times at different theological sides clashing. ;)