The Most Wild View On Creation

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby jalvarez4Jesus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi there, my name is Josh, and what I am about to present and propose for review and helpful criticism is the wildest theory you will ever hear of in creation. Yet, I think it might be true and very comprehensive in scope with scientific data. To prepare you for what you shall read, think of the gap theory plus progressive creation plus young earth creation plus the plain text of the KJV.

In between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is a gap.
Genesis 1:2 has the earth, "without form, and void" with "darkness" over the watery earth. Without form means that the earth did not have a definite form to it. There was no solid land, only water. Jeremiah was given a vision of the Genesis 1:2 earth in this state and he clarifies what happened to make the earth like this, "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger." (Jeremiah 4:23-26). It is often claimed that Jeremiah is speaking of the land of Israel, not the whole earth. But Jeremiah beheld the earth and saw that it was WITHOUT FORM (without a solid structure). It was filled with water. The mountains and hills in this vision must then have been underwater. If Jeremiah is speaking of the earth at Genesis 1:2, then it is clear that the earth was judged by God. This means there must be a gap of an indeterminate amount of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. This gap could last for 4 billion years or so.

God progressively created animals in the gap.
The biggest objection to the gap theory is that it only offers one giant cataclysm to explain the fossil record, which is what YEC propose the flood of Noah did. But there is an answer: Psalm 104. In Psalm 104, God explains that throughout history, He has killed animal species and recreated them (possibly into other species), "Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust. Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth." (Psalm 104:29-30). This is what happened during the gap. At the beginning of creation, God made men (today known as angels, but still referred to as "men" in scripture) and the Cambrian animals. The men never died, for there was no sin. Eons later, God destroyed the Cambrian animals and then recreated them into Ordovician animals. And so on for billions of years. But the men never died. That is until the Tertiary period, when Lucifer rebelled against God, which caused God to destroy the entire earth with a flood. Since the earth in 2 Peter 3 is described as being out of the water and in the water, there must have been water above the surface of the earth. It was this water that God simply allowed to come down on the pre-Adamite world. It wouldn't be too destructive to the earth (thus preserving the fossil record), only to the inhabitants. Plus, with water just coming down, there would not be much burial of the men before Adam. Thus, they would decompose at their death, where afterwards they became spirits.

The days of creation (or recreation) are literal 24 hour days.
I just can't get over the evening and morning stuff.

Noah's flood was worldwide but non-catastrophic.
I'm interested in this guy's explanation of it apparently happening with geysers, which would leave little to no evidence behind of Noah's flood: http://kjvbible.org/geysers.html
Also, Noah's flood can not be as YEC describe it, which is, as completely rearranging landmasses. For, Genesis 2 states, "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. 11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. 13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. 14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates." (Genesis 2:10-14). Notice it doesn't say that these rivers WERE (past tense) Pison, Gihon, Hiddekel, and Euphrates. Moses says that the names of each river "IS" (present tense, when Moses was alive) there. This means the worldwide flood could not have reorganized the landmasses. It would just overflood the world, until the water receded only to reveal the same landmasses and river systems.

Dinosaurs were in the gap...and alongside with Adam
The dinosaurs would have existed in the gap, then destroyed, only to be recreated in "creation week", which is why the Bible mentions "dragons", why there is soft recent dinosaur tissue, and why many dinosaur fossils date to millions of years ago.

Thoughts?

User avatar
AreEl
Recognized Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:40 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby AreEl » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 pm

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:Thoughts?


I think you have a future as a religion fiction writer. That may sound flippant, but I don't mean it to be.
Consider Frank E. Peretti.
Doing nothing is hard. You never know when you are finished.

Audie
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3474
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 am
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Location: USA

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby Audie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:28 pm

There was no flood. Any other ideas?

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby Jac3510 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:20 pm

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:In between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is a gap.

Sorry, I can't help you. I quit reading after this.

For the record, I've told this a million times to our resident gap theorist: grammatically speaking, there is not and can be no gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby jalvarez4Jesus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Jac3510 wrote:
jalvarez4Jesus wrote:In between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is a gap.

Sorry, I can't help you. I quit reading after this.

For the record, I've told this a million times to our resident gap theorist: grammatically speaking, there is not and can be no gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.


First of all, I never made any grammatical argument saying that "was" should be "became". It should be "was". We get the gap not from Genesis, but from Jeremiah's vision of Genesis 1:2. He described it as destroyed. Thus, the Genesis 1:2 earth was destroyed. Something must have happened between verses one and two.

User avatar
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Contact:

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby Jac3510 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:59 pm

I didn't say anything about was v became. Second, you can't use Jeremiah as the basis for interpreting Gen 1. What do you think the people did before Jeremiah was written? Not know what Gen 1 means? Third, the issue is a grammatical impossibility with seeing a gap between the two verses. It isn't an interpretive choice. In other words, unless you believe that Jeremiah didn't know Hebrew, then you can't say that he interpreted Gen 1:1-2 as having a gap between them. That means that you are, at a minimum, misinterpreting Jeremiah.

Anyway, you said you wanted critiques. There you have it. My critique. The interpretation you are suggesting directly violates the grammar of the text. Therefore, your interpretation is wrong.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue

And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.

jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby jalvarez4Jesus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Let's see this in action: Genesis 1:1-2, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." (Genesis 1:1-2). So let's break this down:

1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void...

To say that there is no time difference at all between verses 1 and 2 is to ignore the plain text of scripture. Notice verse 2 says "AND" the earth was without form and void. Study "and" in Genesis 1 sometime. It is never used at the beginning of a sentence to describe the conditions of the previous verse. The "and"s are chronological markers, which mean "and then this happened, and then that happened, etc." Here's an example:

"3 AND God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 AND God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 AND God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 AND God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 AND God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 AND God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day." (Genesis 1:3-8).

Thus, Genesis 1:1-2 is teaching that God created the heaven and earth, AND THEN chronologically afterwards the earth was without form and void. So chronologically AFTER the beginning of creation, the earth was without form and void. Verse 2 is not describing the same exact time as verse 1. It's after verse 1. And Jeremiah made it clear it was waaaaay after verse 1. Long enough for God to judge and destroy a wicked world.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby abelcainsbrother » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 pm

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:Hi there, my name is Josh, and what I am about to present and propose for review and helpful criticism is the wildest theory you will ever hear of in creation. Yet, I think it might be true and very comprehensive in scope with scientific data. To prepare you for what you shall read, think of the gap theory plus progressive creation plus young earth creation plus the plain text of the KJV.

In between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is a gap.
Genesis 1:2 has the earth, "without form, and void" with "darkness" over the watery earth. Without form means that the earth did not have a definite form to it. There was no solid land, only water. Jeremiah was given a vision of the Genesis 1:2 earth in this state and he clarifies what happened to make the earth like this, "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger." (Jeremiah 4:23-26). It is often claimed that Jeremiah is speaking of the land of Israel, not the whole earth. But Jeremiah beheld the earth and saw that it was WITHOUT FORM (without a solid structure). It was filled with water. The mountains and hills in this vision must then have been underwater. If Jeremiah is speaking of the earth at Genesis 1:2, then it is clear that the earth was judged by God. This means there must be a gap of an indeterminate amount of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. This gap could last for 4 billion years or so.

God progressively created animals in the gap.
The biggest objection to the gap theory is that it only offers one giant cataclysm to explain the fossil record, which is what YEC propose the flood of Noah did. But there is an answer: Psalm 104. In Psalm 104, God explains that throughout history, He has killed animal species and recreated them (possibly into other species), "Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust. Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth." (Psalm 104:29-30). This is what happened during the gap. At the beginning of creation, God made men (today known as angels, but still referred to as "men" in scripture) and the Cambrian animals. The men never died, for there was no sin. Eons later, God destroyed the Cambrian animals and then recreated them into Ordovician animals. And so on for billions of years. But the men never died. That is until the Tertiary period, when Lucifer rebelled against God, which caused God to destroy the entire earth with a flood. Since the earth in 2 Peter 3 is described as being out of the water and in the water, there must have been water above the surface of the earth. It was this water that God simply allowed to come down on the pre-Adamite world. It wouldn't be too destructive to the earth (thus preserving the fossil record), only to the inhabitants. Plus, with water just coming down, there would not be much burial of the men before Adam. Thus, they would decompose at their death, where afterwards they became spirits.

The days of creation (or recreation) are literal 24 hour days.
I just can't get over the evening and morning stuff.

Noah's flood was worldwide but non-catastrophic.
I'm interested in this guy's explanation of it apparently happening with geysers, which would leave little to no evidence behind of Noah's flood: http://kjvbible.org/geysers.html
Also, Noah's flood can not be as YEC describe it, which is, as completely rearranging landmasses. For, Genesis 2 states, "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. 11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. 13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. 14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates." (Genesis 2:10-14). Notice it doesn't say that these rivers WERE (past tense) Pison, Gihon, Hiddekel, and Euphrates. Moses says that the names of each river "IS" (present tense, when Moses was alive) there. This means the worldwide flood could not have reorganized the landmasses. It would just overflood the world, until the water receded only to reveal the same landmasses and river systems.

Dinosaurs were in the gap...and alongside with Adam
The dinosaurs would have existed in the gap, then destroyed, only to be recreated in "creation week", which is why the Bible mentions "dragons", why there is soft recent dinosaur tissue, and why many dinosaur fossils date to millions of years ago.

Thoughts?


Hi,and welcome to the forum.I believe the Gap Theory is the most true creation theory/interpretation out of them all but I am wondering why should we blend other creation interpretations into it? It seems to me the way you explained that we have no gap if we look at it like you explained.So please elaborate more on why. Now I do think that we are so divided over our creation interpretations that we cannot see where we could find common ground but I see no reason to do away with the gap.Be aware that we who accept the Gap Theory are in the minority here but most here are respectful about it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby abelcainsbrother » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Jac3510 wrote:I didn't say anything about was v became. Second, you can't use Jeremiah as the basis for interpreting Gen 1. What do you think the people did before Jeremiah was written? Not know what Gen 1 means? Third, the issue is a grammatical impossibility with seeing a gap between the two verses. It isn't an interpretive choice. In other words, unless you believe that Jeremiah didn't know Hebrew, then you can't say that he interpreted Gen 1:1-2 as having a gap between them. That means that you are, at a minimum, misinterpreting Jeremiah.

Anyway, you said you wanted critiques. There you have it. My critique. The interpretation you are suggesting directly violates the grammar of the text. Therefore, your interpretation is wrong.


2nd Timothy 3:16

1st Corinthians 14:32
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby abelcainsbrother » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Jac3510 wrote:
jalvarez4Jesus wrote:In between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is a gap.

Sorry, I can't help you. I quit reading after this.

For the record, I've told this a million times to our resident gap theorist: grammatically speaking, there is not and can be no gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.


Yes,you have but you ignore all of the other reasons why we know there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. You go by some man-made rule and ignore that Jewish rabi's have translated Genesis 1:2 as became instead of was.yet you say it can't be done based on grammar.You cannot say that Moses did not know of a gap when he wrote Genesis,so whoever came up with that rule cannot say if we read Genesis before other books were written they did not know of a gap,it is assumption.Moses wrote Genesis in a way that let's us know there was a gap and I have explained how we know many of times. I do not go by man-made rules Jac,I go by the word of God. Instead of using man-made rules use the word of God if you think its wrong. You'll change my mind by using he word of God if I am wrong,but not by giving me man-made rules from Hebrew theologians who have a YEC bias since the 1970's. Now I'm not being rude to you just because we disagree I'm just explaining why your rule does'nt work for me.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby jalvarez4Jesus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:49 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:Hi,and welcome to the forum.I believe the Gap Theory is the most true creation theory/interpretation out of them all but I am wondering why should we blend other creation interpretations into it? It seems to me the way you explained that we have no gap if we look at it like you explained.So please elaborate more on why. Now I do think that we are so divided over our creation interpretations that we cannot see where we could find common ground but I see no reason to do away with the gap.Be aware that we who accept the Gap Theory are in the minority here but most here are respectful about it.


Thank you. I don't know why you would think that there would be no gap. There would be a gap of four billion years, which is enough time for the entire fossil record to be laid down over all those eons of time. The reason I don't like the gap theory for itself is because it doesn't explain Psalm 104, and it doesn't explain the fossil record. It has everything being buried at the same time, which would mean all the fossils should be the same age of x billion years. But they don't seem to be. This is one of the biggest weaknesses of the current gap model, it cannot explain the fossil record without resorting to the exact same explanation as the YEC Noah's flood.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby abelcainsbrother » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:00 pm

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Hi,and welcome to the forum.I believe the Gap Theory is the most true creation theory/interpretation out of them all but I am wondering why should we blend other creation interpretations into it? It seems to me the way you explained that we have no gap if we look at it like you explained.So please elaborate more on why. Now I do think that we are so divided over our creation interpretations that we cannot see where we could find common ground but I see no reason to do away with the gap.Be aware that we who accept the Gap Theory are in the minority here but most here are respectful about it.


Thank you. I don't know why you would think that there would be no gap. There would be a gap of four billion years, which is enough time for the entire fossil record to be laid down over all those eons of time. The reason I don't like the gap theory for itself is because it doesn't explain Psalm 104, and it doesn't explain the fossil record. It has everything being buried at the same time, which would mean all the fossils should be the same age of x billion years. But they don't seem to be. This is one of the biggest weaknesses of the current gap model, it cannot explain the fossil record without resorting to the exact same explanation as the YEC Noah's flood.


OK thanks,maybe I misunderstood you. So let's discuss this from a Gap Theory perspective. You say that the current gap theory model can't explain the fossil record and Idon't understand why you think this.I disagree it has everything being buried at the same time because the former world lasted billions of years.There was at least 5 extinction events we know about and so life was buried at different times until God poured out judgment then the former world perished completely until Genesis 1:3.The whole premise of the Gap Theory is the evidence in the earth points to a former world different than this world that perished until God made this world and so we have a lost world that has nothing to do with evolution.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7659
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby B. W. » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Wow, another Gap thread!

I think it would be more interesting though rather to discuss the Hebrew literary style of dis-symmetric symmetry, or the "Painter Theory" of Creation.

Alas, that might be asking to much :roll:

:lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

jalvarez4Jesus
Familiar Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby jalvarez4Jesus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:32 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
jalvarez4Jesus wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Hi,and welcome to the forum.I believe the Gap Theory is the most true creation theory/interpretation out of them all but I am wondering why should we blend other creation interpretations into it? It seems to me the way you explained that we have no gap if we look at it like you explained.So please elaborate more on why. Now I do think that we are so divided over our creation interpretations that we cannot see where we could find common ground but I see no reason to do away with the gap.Be aware that we who accept the Gap Theory are in the minority here but most here are respectful about it.


Thank you. I don't know why you would think that there would be no gap. There would be a gap of four billion years, which is enough time for the entire fossil record to be laid down over all those eons of time. The reason I don't like the gap theory for itself is because it doesn't explain Psalm 104, and it doesn't explain the fossil record. It has everything being buried at the same time, which would mean all the fossils should be the same age of x billion years. But they don't seem to be. This is one of the biggest weaknesses of the current gap model, it cannot explain the fossil record without resorting to the exact same explanation as the YEC Noah's flood.


OK thanks,maybe I misunderstood you. So let's discuss this from a Gap Theory perspective. You say that the current gap theory model can't explain the fossil record and Idon't understand why you think this.I disagree it has everything being buried at the same time because the former world lasted billions of years.There was at least 5 extinction events we know about and so life was buried at different times until God poured out judgment then the former world perished completely until Genesis 1:3.The whole premise of the Gap Theory is the evidence in the earth points to a former world different than this world that perished until God made this world and so we have a lost world that has nothing to do with evolution.


Well then I agree with you there. Every gap theorist online I've been able to find doesn't go into much detail with it and seem to vaguely reference Lucifer's flood as the event that buried all life in the geologic column. But I still disagree with most gap people on dragons. But that's not relevant to Genesis 1:1-2 anyways.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: The Most Wild View On Creation

Postby abelcainsbrother » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:07 pm

jalvarez4Jesus wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
jalvarez4Jesus wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Hi,and welcome to the forum.I believe the Gap Theory is the most true creation theory/interpretation out of them all but I am wondering why should we blend other creation interpretations into it? It seems to me the way you explained that we have no gap if we look at it like you explained.So please elaborate more on why. Now I do think that we are so divided over our creation interpretations that we cannot see where we could find common ground but I see no reason to do away with the gap.Be aware that we who accept the Gap Theory are in the minority here but most here are respectful about it.


Thank you. I don't know why you would think that there would be no gap. There would be a gap of four billion years, which is enough time for the entire fossil record to be laid down over all those eons of time. The reason I don't like the gap theory for itself is because it doesn't explain Psalm 104, and it doesn't explain the fossil record. It has everything being buried at the same time, which would mean all the fossils should be the same age of x billion years. But they don't seem to be. This is one of the biggest weaknesses of the current gap model, it cannot explain the fossil record without resorting to the exact same explanation as the YEC Noah's flood.


OK thanks,maybe I misunderstood you. So let's discuss this from a Gap Theory perspective. You say that the current gap theory model can't explain the fossil record and Idon't understand why you think this.I disagree it has everything being buried at the same time because the former world lasted billions of years.There was at least 5 extinction events we know about and so life was buried at different times until God poured out judgment then the former world perished completely until Genesis 1:3.The whole premise of the Gap Theory is the evidence in the earth points to a former world different than this world that perished until God made this world and so we have a lost world that has nothing to do with evolution.


Well then I agree with you there. Every gap theorist online I've been able to find doesn't go into much detail with it and seem to vaguely reference Lucifer's flood as the event that buried all life in the geologic column. But I still disagree with most gap people on dragons. But that's not relevant to Genesis 1:1-2 anyways.


Yeah,I know and some Gap Theorists only know it biblically but can't blend in the science with it. I've just did a lot of research about it and have had many debates with evolutionists so I've learned about science from it.Plus I have researched evolution I just look at the evidence from a Gap Theory perspective instead of an evolution perspective and I see how it better fits into the Gap Theory.It is good to know how to teach it biblically but even better if we can blend science into it too.

I think this is one of the biggest weaknesses of the Gap Theory because the other creation theories have blended science into their interpretation and very few Gap Theorists have and it is often not unified so you kind of have to take alittle here and alittle there.People can just go to AIG or Reasons to Believe,etc and it is all there for them.

But really it is not as hard as it seems to blend science into the Gap Theory because much of the evidence for evolution was evidence for the Gap Theory before it was evidence for evolution so you just have to look at the evidence from a Gap Theory perspective instead of an evolution perspective. Some Gap Theorists don't trust man or science though and just believe the word of God though.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.


Return to “God and Science”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest