World's Oldest Fossils Found in Greenland

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: World's Oldest Fossils Found in Greenland

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:Come on, please be civil with ABC,

You guys are Gapaphobics, shame on you y[-X

Please gentlemen let your humor evolve unto higher levels and conquer your shameful racist gapaphobia!

ABC has the right to to express himself.

Gapaphobics, what da ya du wit em?
Who is ABC? Any relation to ACB?

:wave:
Corrected my typo error!

The Forum owes ACB a formal apology for allowing Gapaphobics to go unchecked but due to ACB's pluck and tenacity he holds is own very well.

So ACB please forgive these gapaphobic brethren as they have a severe condition known as gapaphobia

From the First Book of Ever Evolving Mental States Gapaphobia defined as follows:

Gap-a-phobia: Is a phobia fear of gaps brought on by early childhood trauma brought on from witnessing too many plumbers at work...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

B. W. wrote:
RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:Come on, please be civil with ABC,

You guys are Gapaphobics, shame on you y[-X

Please gentlemen let your humor evolve unto higher levels and conquer your shameful racist gapaphobia!

ABC has the right to to express himself.

Gapaphobics, what da ya du wit em?
Who is ABC? Any relation to ACB?

:wave:
Corrected my typo error!

The Forum owes ACB a formal apology for allowing Gapaphobics to go unchecked but due to ACB's pluck and tenacity he holds is own very well.

So ACB please forgive these gapaphobic brethren as they have a severe condition known as gapaphobia

From the First Book of Ever Evolving Mental States Gapaphobia defined as follows:

Gap-a-phobia: Is a phobia fear of gaps brought on by early childhood trauma brought on from witnessing too many plumbers at work...
-
-
-
Gap-a-phobia LOL! I never thought of it that way.I think this thread is interesting but I've kind of noticed that people who accept the ToE are a no-show for threads like this so I thought I would try to help this thread to get a discussion going,maybe. But so far evolutionists are a no-show.Hey,I did my part trying to help this thread. I'm really interested in how evolutionists respond to it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

ACB: I'm really interested in how evolutionists respond to it.
WHY? Let's say that someone were able to prove, beyond all reasonable doubts, that evolution (simple cells to man) actually occurred. Where does that leave them that makes debating evolution important?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:
ACB: I'm really interested in how evolutionists respond to it.
WHY? Let's say that someone were able to prove, beyond all reasonable doubts, that evolution (simple cells to man) actually occurred. Where does that leave them that makes debating evolution important?
Discussion man. Is'nt that what this is for?But if it was done? I'd become a theistic evolutionist.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Jac3510 wrote:From The New York Times:
  • Geologists have discovered in Greenland evidence for ancient life in rocks that are 3.7 billion years old. The find, if confirmed, would make these fossils the oldest on Earth and may change scientific understanding of the origins of life.
For our TEs, I'm curious how this fits in with the evolutionary model for life's origins. If the dating is correct, and if the fossils really do represent biological life, then we have fully functional life--complete with all the things necessarily associated like DNA, protein synthesis, the works--existing at or during the "final rain of large asteroids [that] descended on Earth at the beginning of the ensuing Archaean stage" betwteen 3.8 and 3.9by ago. That's a pretty astronomical thought (pardon the pun) for me. To quote again from the article:
  • Evidence of these ancient craters has vanished from Earth but is still evident in the pockmarked face of the moon. And for every crater on the moon, 20 would be expected to have been made on Earth.

The moon has two craters more than 600 miles across that were created during the Late Heavy Bombardment. Some 40 craters this size may have been gouged out of our planet in the same interval, said William F. Bottke, an asteroid expert at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colo.

By comparison, the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs 66 million years ago left a crater only 110 miles in diameter.
So, it seems from my non-professional reading (assuming, of course, that the NYT is accurately reporting this) that life had 100 million years to go from not existing at all to becoming, well, rather complex. That boggles my mind. That would seem to me, again a non-professional, to suggest that life isn't something that just happened but rather is something almost inevitable, as if would just pop up anywhere and everywhere that the conditions were not "hellish." (Which, I note, is the conclusion of one of the scientists the article quotes, although I am quick to recognize that one man's interpretation of the evidence does not qualify as the scientific point of view.)

Anyway, again, my general question is how this fits in with the normal evolutionary scheme. It seems to me not so much to paint a picture of the mechanisms for the origin of life as much as it does about the nature of life itself, that it is a thing that is very readily produced. I don't think that's picture is consistent with what we've seen elsewhere in the universe so far--granted we have only studied a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny (x a few more hundred tinies) portion of it--but, still, that just seems a difficult position to defend.

So thoughts/clarifications?
From a non-professional: I think there is one thing, atleast from what I have read over the last two years, that might explain this - Our atmosphere.

Our planet is 4 billion years old and evidence of life on it, are almost that old, give or take a few hundred million years. This is also the oldest we have found, there may be more yet to be discovered. In our planet's infancy, Earth's atmosphere wasn't kind to oxygen inhaling, soft tissue and endoskeleton life, like it is today. There was almost no ozone, nothing to block the uv radiation from the sun. So the earth was not only bombarded by rocks it was also showered with higher levels of radiation and that, in simple cells caused hyper-evolution, that is just a term I think of when I imagine speeded up evolution. What probably happened was that the rate of mutations arose significantly and that is why instead of taking rather a lot more time, a 100 million years or so, life branched out into molecules.

There is a common thought among people that think life is elsewhere in the universe, that that life will be different than earth but will probably be bug like especially in the beginning, e.g the cockroach? Because the process is unique, but it favors creatures who have exoskeletons, things that may help them to survive the intense radiation of the sun.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:From the article:
In fact, with trivial variations, there is only one genetic code for all known forms of life, pointing to a single origin.
y:-?
Yes, that is true, the DNA molecule is quite ancient, with slight variations ofcourse.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:
In fact, with trivial variations, there is only one genetic code for all known forms of life, pointing to a single origin.
Yes, that is true, the DNA molecule is quite ancient, with slight variations ofcourse.
And as a theist, you see the implications of that, right?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:
I don't understand? What does it have to do with being a theist?

without.

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

neo-x wrote:From a non-professional: I think there is one thing, atleast from what I have read over the last two years, that might explain this - Our atmosphere.

Our planet is 4 billion years old and evidence of life on it, are almost that old, give or take a few hundred million years. This is also the oldest we have found, there may be more yet to be discovered. In our planet's infancy, Earth's atmosphere wasn't kind to oxygen inhaling, soft tissue and endoskeleton life, like it is today. There was almost no ozone, nothing to block the uv radiation from the sun. So the earth was not only bombarded by rocks it was also showered with higher levels of radiation and that, in simple cells caused hyper-evolution, that is just a term I think of when I imagine speeded up evolution. What probably happened was that the rate of mutations arose significantly and that is why instead of taking rather a lot more time, a 100 million years or so, life branched out into molecules.

There is a common thought among people that think life is elsewhere in the universe, that that life will be different than earth but will probably be bug like especially in the beginning, e.g the cockroach? Because the process is unique, but it favors creatures who have exoskeletons, things that may help them to survive the intense radiation of the sun.
Thank you. So is earth's early atmosphere considered incredibly unique? My assumption is that planetary formation is going to follow a pretty consistent pathways and that especially with regard to oxygen. I'm under the impression that oxygen rich atmospheres in general would presume a lot of biological activity. Which is to say, for any planet, early atmospheres will be dominate by nitrogen, and pretty much any life would be sulfate dependent, right?

So my point here is that, outside of standard fine tuning arguments about things like distance from the sun and being in the right place in the right kind of galaxy around the right kind of star, etc., it would seem that the very, very, very early formation of life--if it really was a spontaneous event--would strongly argue that life ought to be incredibly common in the universe, right?

And that ought to say something about the "standard" evolutionary pathway. So I get the idea of life being bug like based on your reasoning above. But more basically, any early life pushed by hyperevolution is going to be like our extremophiles, and that kind of life is going to produce oxygen as a biproduct. That means that any such world will, over the course of a billion years (or whatever the number is scientist use--I've just heard the term "boring billion"), develop an oxygen rich atmosphere and all its implications for the kind of life that would come from that. In other words, in my very non-professional view, I'm not seeing a pathway for life to either be rare or for there to be much life that is NOT fundamentally similar to how life is here, both in structure and with overall evolutionary history.

Yes, no?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:
RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:
I don't understand? What does it have to do with being a theist?
I just thought it was interesting that the article concluded that way. As theists/Christians, we can appreciate that the author would say that all life points to a single origin. I see that as him saying that life points to God. Whether or not the author realizes that's what he's saying. Basically that God used one genetic code for all life on earth.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Jac3510 wrote:
neo-x wrote:From a non-professional: I think there is one thing, atleast from what I have read over the last two years, that might explain this - Our atmosphere.

Thank you. So is earth's early atmosphere considered incredibly unique? My assumption is that planetary formation is going to follow a pretty consistent pathways and that especially with regard to oxygen. I'm under the impression that oxygen rich atmospheres in general would presume a lot of biological activity. Which is to say, for any planet, early atmospheres will be dominate by nitrogen, and pretty much any life would be sulfate dependent, right?
Yes and no. I am not sure if that has to be so. There are many other factors that affect it too, gravity for instance. however, Life can exist without oxygen and did on earth in abundance before a poisonous gas like oxygen invaded the atmosphere and gave rise to a different form of life. The great oxidation event almost wiped life off of this planet which was not compatible with oxygen. In one sense it was the first instance of biological warfare. There are still organisms on earth that live without oxygen but they are not thriving as also the article you cited, links to.

We only know that our form of life thrives under oxygen.
So my point here is that, outside of standard fine tuning arguments about things like distance from the sun and being in the right place in the right kind of galaxy around the right kind of star, etc., it would seem that the very, very, very early formation of life--if it really was a spontaneous event--would strongly argue that life ought to be incredibly common in the universe, right?
Yes, I agree with you. It would be a different form of life but yes it should be common, if not incredibly common. I say this only because even if life arose it may die down too. Maybe a comet hit it, maybe it's sun or star dies down, maybe another galaxy collides with it, may be the planet's core gets cold, it may not have enough radiation or too much of it, gravitational pull also shapes life.

So yes, life appearing should be incredibly common, but life-sustaining should be relatively common enough. However, I hope you agree that these are relative terms I am using on the cosmic scale.

I personally think that our universe if brimming with life, may that be in any form. It has to be. But we are so limited in what we can see or detect that it would take a lot of technological leaps to be able to detect life in distant worlds and stars.
And that ought to say something about the "standard" evolutionary pathway. So I get the idea of life being bug like based on your reasoning above. But more basically, any early life pushed by hyperevolution is going to be like our extremophiles, and that kind of life is going to produce oxygen as a biproduct. That means that any such world will, over the course of a billion years (or whatever the number is scientist use--I've just heard the term "boring billion"), develop an oxygen rich atmosphere and all its implications for the kind of life that would come from that. In other words, in my very non-professional view, I'm not seeing a pathway for life to either be rare or for there to be much life that is NOT fundamentally similar to how life is here, both in structure and with overall evolutionary history.

Yes, no?
The bug like idea only applies to planets where there is sufficient gravity, places which are similar to earth or have the same spec solar system or close enough. On a side note, gravity is the reason why organisms have skeletons and, in water grow comparatively larger than on land. Because they weigh less and are pulled less down by the force of gravity in water, that is why exoskeletons are quite common in water but not on land.
But more basically, any early life pushed by hyperevolution is going to be like our extremophiles, and that kind of life is going to produce oxygen as a biproduct.
I wanted to highlight this part, as I think it is not a required correlation that oxygen be a necessary bi-product of hyper-evolution during any bleak atmospheric period of time. And life can be very different elsewhere. Composed of different chemicals and forms and shapes and sizes. It can happen in some instances but it is not the standard way, that evolution has to follow in order for life to grow.

As I said before, oxygen producing life is just another form of life which thrived under certain settings. Saturn's moon Titan has lakes of methane and ethane, who knows if microbial life exists there or not. It is entirely possible if not likely.

without.

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

neo-x wrote:I wanted to highlight this part, as I think it is not a required correlation that oxygen be a necessary bi-product of hyper-evolution during any bleak atmospheric period of time. And life can be very different elsewhere. Composed of different chemicals and forms and shapes and sizes. It can happen in some instances but it is not the standard way, that evolution has to follow in order for life to grow.

As I said before, oxygen producing life is just another form of life which thrived under certain settings. Saturn's moon Titan has lakes of methane and ethane, who knows if microbial life exists there or not. It is entirely possible if not likely.
So let's stick with this, because I think this might be what has been interesting me.

It seems to me that we know that the great oxygenation event presumes the evolution of oxygenic photosynthesis, which is, of course, the common form in most life today. But since the early atmosphere was basically anoxic--and since that seems to be the case with all early atmospheres because that's just the way planetary formation works (atmospheric oxidation, again, requires oxgenic photosynthesis, which presumes an oxic atmosphere)--we would assume that lifeforms built around anoxic photosynthesis necessarily and always comes first in any form of abiogenesis.

If I'm mistaken about that, I'd like to see some sources explaining how an early atmosphere could be oxic without the existence of oxygenic photosynthesis. But on the assumption I've understood this correctly, then I want to go back the the original question I asked about the article. The evolution of life from non-life in less than 200 million years isn't just finding a chemical pathway like you've been talking with Rick about. It means that path necessarily goes through the evolution of anoxygenic to oxygenic photosynthesis. In other words, the 3.7byo stromatolites don't tell us so much about the origin of life per se (as I'm sure you know) as it does how early we get to what I'll call a third stage: the first stage being the evolution (to use the word loosely) of a chemical environment that allows the self-formation of the building blocks of life; the second being the evolution (to use the word a little less loosely) of obligate anaerobes and thus anoxygenic photosynthesis; and the third being the evolution of our stromatolites and their related organisms.

So, in my non-professional opinion, 200 million years is really fast for that to happen. I suppose a theistic evolutionist could claim in a god-of-the-gaps fashion that it worked because God intervened at the crucial moments. Or we could suggest a natural mechanism. In light of the latter, you've suggested a hyperevolution based on the presence of a lot of UV radiation and other such things. Fine. Let's take that as a possible mechanism. It seems, though, that my original question stands, even in places like Titan. After all, the move from anoxygenic to oxygenic photosynthesis in such a quick and dramatic fashion suggests this isn't so much of an accident as it is just the nature of evolution itself. Sort of like chemicals will self-assemble into certain pieces that could form the building blocks of life, so these conditions seem like they'll just give rise to the evolution in question. If not, how do we explain not only the evolution that happened here but the fact that it happened in such a quick and decisive manner?

If it isn't clear, I'm appealing to something like a weak anthropic principle--it couldn't be any different because if it were, we wouldn't be here. Because we are, it was that way, and it was that way by necessity. It all seems very reasonable to me. The problem is with places like Titan. So perhaps the reason it doesn't happen there is the shear distance from the sun, but I'm not sure that's ultimately going to cut it. The atmosphere is certainly anoxic, but that doesn't mean that there is no oxygen. Just like Mars, it turns out there is a lot of oxygen on Titan. It's just frozen. And since the methane oxidization process is an efficient way to get energy, it would seem "natural" (to this non-professional) for oxygenic photosynthesis to evolve just as easily there as it did here--especially, again, given how quick it happened and what that suggests about the nature of the chemical pathways, of the evolution itself. And while you could perhaps argue that the process was sped up on earth (perhaps because we are closer to the sun), the fact remains that Titan, to use your example, is still billions of years old. I mean, Saturn is about 4.6byo, so Titan couldn't be too far behind that. I've not seen a number (I haven't looked much), but say it formed 3byo . . . if we got molecules to oxygenic photosynthesis (in massive quantities no less) in less than 200 million years, we ought to at least see anoxygenic photosynthesis on Titan, right? And why not Mars? And other places?

So I now this can sound like an argument against abiogenesis. I don't mean it as such. I really want to know how this data fits into an evolutionary viewpoint. It just seems to me that the nature of life itself painted by the evidence is pretty astounding. So I'm curious how you are seeing it. Thanks again!
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Distantly related note, I explicitly appealed to the WAP in the post above. If I've understood the evidence correctly, I wonder if a TE isn't better off suggesting that the evidence as we have it actually more strongly warrants a SAP--that is, that there is some mysterious principle we don't yet understand would somehow compel the universe to promote or ultimately produce self-conscious life. A nice thing about such a theory is you would no longer need to appeal to multiverses and other such ideas to explain away some of the statistical problems we get ourselves into (and that serve as the cornerstone, for good reason (though often dismissed by non-theists), of fine-tuning arguments for God's existence) when discussing these matters.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Jac3510 wrote:
neo-x wrote:I wanted to highlight this part, as I think it is not a required correlation that oxygen be a necessary bi-product of hyper-evolution during any bleak atmospheric period of time. And life can be very different elsewhere. Composed of different chemicals and forms and shapes and sizes. It can happen in some instances but it is not the standard way, that evolution has to follow in order for life to grow.

So let's stick with this, because I think this might be what has been interesting me.

It seems to me that we know that the great oxygenation event presumes the evolution of oxygenic photosynthesis, which is, of course, the common form in most life today. But since the early atmosphere was basically anoxic--and since that seems to be the case with all early atmospheres because that's just the way planetary formation works (atmospheric oxidation, again, requires oxgenic photosynthesis, which presumes an oxic atmosphere)--we would assume that lifeforms built around anoxic photosynthesis necessarily and always comes first in any form of abiogenesis.

If I'm mistaken about that, I'd like to see some sources explaining how an early atmosphere could be oxic without the existence of oxygenic photosynthesis. But on the assumption I've understood this correctly, then I want to go back the the original question I asked about the article. The evolution of life from non-life in less than 200 million years isn't just finding a chemical pathway like you've been talking with Rick about. It means that path necessarily goes through the evolution of anoxygenic to oxygenic photosynthesis. In other words, the 3.7byo stromatolites don't tell us so much about the origin of life per se (as I'm sure you know) as it does how early we get to what I'll call a third stage: the first stage being the evolution (to use the word loosely) of a chemical environment that allows the self-formation of the building blocks of life; the second being the evolution (to use the word a little less loosely) of obligate anaerobes and thus anoxygenic photosynthesis; and the third being the evolution of our stromatolites and their related organisms.
Jac, let me see if I read you correctly here, are you saying that for oxygenic photosynthesis to happen you need an oxic atmosphere to begin with? I'm sure you read that Oxygen was a byproduct and started out as such?

I don't necessarily disagree with you in what you describe as the 3 stages. This process must have been present in a step by step way.

However where you think it is highly unlikely by this alone, there are good reasons to consider, besides extreme uv radiation, that accelerates mutation. One more factor was that oxygen based life, when it started had inherently a faster metabolism than reductive metabolism which life before it had. Oxidative metabolism was faster, which inturn suggested that more energy could be produced which meant, more chances of growth survival, mutations and diversification. That is one advantage that oxygen based life forms had and that might have explained the "explosion" of oxygenic life forms on earth.
So, in my non-professional opinion, 200 million years is really fast for that to happen. I suppose a theistic evolutionist could claim in a god-of-the-gaps fashion that it worked because God intervened at the crucial moments. Or we could suggest a natural mechanism. In light of the latter, you've suggested a hyperevolution based on the presence of a lot of UV radiation and other such things. Fine. Let's take that as a possible mechanism. It seems, though, that my original question stands, even in places like Titan. After all, the move from anoxygenic to oxygenic photosynthesis in such a quick and dramatic fashion suggests this isn't so much of an accident as it is just the nature of evolution itself. Sort of like chemicals will self-assemble into certain pieces that could form the building blocks of life, so these conditions seem like they'll just give rise to the evolution in question. If not, how do we explain not only the evolution that happened here but the fact that it happened in such a quick and decisive manner?
If we see our immediate environment, like Jupiter, venus, Saturn, it's hard to imagine such barren planets as lifeless. For one thing, they are atmosphere-less or too atmospheric. The rise of oxygenic lifeforms on earth built the ozone and thus stopped the intense uv radiation that had before then scorched earth and the life forms there. And if you look at it that way, it is understandable how that quick-fast or hyper-evolution scenario was no longer the case or norm after we had the ozone, and after that evolution took a slow road and billions of years to reach its present shape, it was no longer fast enough, for even though now creatures had a faster metabolism, they lacked the higher amounts of radiation to cause mutations as fast as before.

If the earth hadn't formed an atmosphere, life would have never reached a sustainable state. Constant mutation is also not good for life, it can happen for a short period of time, and by short, I mean on the cosmic scale short, to be viable. But constant rapid mutation doesn't give time enough for life to stay and grow in a steady fashion. So if the hyper-evolution period occurred, it had to end rapidly in order for life to survive. But I also propose that it only happened because the uv radiation allowed time enough for as many mutations necessary to get to cyanobacteria which produced oxygen as a byproduct. Had that one mutation been missing, even if several predecessors of that mutation may have had survived, the atmosphere would not have formed and thus life here would be very difficult or different than oxygenic life.
If it isn't clear, I'm appealing to something like a weak anthropic principle--it couldn't be any different because if it were, we wouldn't be here. Because we are, it was that way, and it was that way by necessity. It all seems very reasonable to me. The problem is with places like Titan. So perhaps the reason it doesn't happen there is the shear distance from the sun, but I'm not sure that's ultimately going to cut it. The atmosphere is certainly anoxic, but that doesn't mean that there is no oxygen. Just like Mars, it turns out there is a lot of oxygen on Titan. It's just frozen. And since the methane oxidization process is an efficient way to get energy, it would seem "natural" (to this non-professional) for oxygenic photosynthesis to evolve just as easily there as it did here--especially, again, given how quick it happened and what that suggests about the nature of the chemical pathways, of the evolution itself. And while you could perhaps argue that the process was sped up on earth (perhaps because we are closer to the sun), the fact remains that Titan, to use your example, is still billions of years old. I mean, Saturn is about 4.6byo, so Titan couldn't be too far behind that. I've not seen a number (I haven't looked much), but say it formed 3byo . . . if we got molecules to oxygenic photosynthesis (in massive quantities no less) in less than 200 million years, we ought to at least see anoxygenic photosynthesis on Titan, right? And why not Mars? And other places?
I get your point and I think I understand how you are seeing it. From my point of view, distance from sun, is very important plus what kind of atmosphere you have. For example take Titan, it has a dense atmosphere and thus it may be blocking UV radiation which means that it can't exactly replicate what happened on earth. The uv radiation caused mutations on earth.
Maybe Titan once had life but then it died down, maybe it has life frozen. or it is still there. But for steady evolution to happen, you need mutation plus factors which ensure the survival of life. On earth we have had over a dozen of extinction events, 5 of which are major ones, and one of them almost wiped all life from earth.

So life that needed atmosphere, in its absence would die down. I could imagine Mars having life but with an atmosphere which is 100 times less dense than earth life would not sustain. There would be either too much mutation, or change or very little, in both cases, not good for sustaining life.
After all, the move from anoxygenic to oxygenic photosynthesis in such a quick and dramatic fashion suggests this isn't so much of an accident as it is just the nature of evolution itself. Sort of like chemicals will self-assemble into certain pieces that could form the building blocks of life, so these conditions seem like they'll just give rise to the evolution in question. If not, how do we explain not only the evolution that happened here but the fact that it happened in such a quick and decisive manner?
The highlighted part is what I agree and disagree with. Yes, if you have the right conditions chemicals will self-assemble, but you will rely on many different factors for sustainable life to be present.

I think it is nature of evolution that it will mutate and produce life and also produce extinction. It is one part that is often left unsaid. Evolution naturally would not always produce molecules to man. Evolution will produce mutated variations, it then depends on the organism if its mutation helps it survive in the given conditions that helps it adapt or go extinct. If an organism, mutates too much without adapting to its natural conditions in a steady way (means it keeps changing biologically and chemically), it dies, like anoxic life; if it mutates too little and doesn't adapt in a steady way, it again dies. Evolution thus happens on the edge of extinction, go overboard with it and you end up dead, go under and you again go dead. That is why evolution only happens successfully when organisms get the mutation which helps them adapt. That is why 99% of all life on earth has gone extinct, only the handful remained, only those which had a mutation that helped them survive.

In short, I agree with you that life can arise in a lot of different planteray formations, but will it sustain, that depends on lots of things and even though life may arise in the same way anywhere, there is no guarantee that it will survive too.
Distantly related note, I explicitly appealed to the WAP in the post above. If I've understood the evidence correctly, I wonder if a TE isn't better off suggesting that the evidence as we have it actually more strongly warrants a SAP--that is, that there is some mysterious principle we don't yet understand would somehow compel the universe to promote or ultimately produce self-conscious life. A nice thing about such a theory is you would no longer need to appeal to multiverses and other such ideas to explain away some of the statistical problems we get ourselves into (and that serve as the cornerstone, for good reason (though often dismissed by non-theists), of fine-tuning arguments for God's existence) when discussing these matters.
The appeal to multiverse is just a theoretical construct to solve the problem of a universe arising the way it did.

And my own view is that our universe should have many many forms of life, sustainable life, because there is so much out there that we don't know and can see, not yet anyway that to think that among hundreds of trillions of stars and planets we alone harbor life is mathematically weak. That you are calling evolution "quick and decisive", you'll see it in many more places. Just not in our own solar system and that too because of a myriad of reasons.
And since the methane oxidization process is an efficient way to get energy, it would seem "natural" (to this non-professional) for oxygenic photosynthesis to evolve just as easily there as it did here--especially, again, given how quick it happened and what that suggests about the nature of the chemical pathways, of the evolution itself.
Only if it gets a mutation like that.

You know the DNA molecule is a self-replicating molecule. The problem is that often there are errors, in copying, and that what gets you a mutation, the rate of change of these mutations accelerate if such molecule has uv radiation exposure. However, the mistakes are random. The molecule doesn't make mistakes in the same pattern either. So it is really not necessary for it to produce the mutation on earth and mars and titan even if all these places had the exact same biological, or chemical composition or to put it in simpler terms, had there been three identical earths and evolution happened on all three, the results would differ even in identical, and I mean identical to the dot, conditions. Because the molecule will make mistakes in reproduction regardless of external influences such as radiation (although it produces mutations too). It's internal copying errors would again be random and over time plenty.

So while life will happen, it won't produce the same results. There is no "standard" path of evolution when it comes to self-replication and the mutations that occur along with it.
So I now this can sound like an argument against abiogenesis. I don't mean it as such. I really want to know how this data fits into an evolutionary viewpoint. It just seems to me that the nature of life itself painted by the evidence is pretty astounding. So I'm curious how you are seeing it. Thanks again!
I am a non-professional again and I am not sure if what I wrote made much sense. Let me know if I can clear it up further if needed. To be precise I agree with life arising in a lot of places but to me it doesn't follow that planetary formations, even if they start the same way, will end up with the same form of life or the processes that we see on earth, they won't because of the nature of the self-replicating molecules like the DNA, making non-coherent mistakes/mutations, missing out on data and having copying errors, sometimes for no reason at all.

Edit
I think the difference between your view and mine is that you are, perhaps, viewing this in a linear way. I am not.

To put up a weak analogy to what I said earlier, consider a set of pool balls. Now if you hit a ball on the pool table, in a certain direction, by following the laws of Newtonian physics, you can predict the trajectory of the ball far into the future, where it will hit, where it will rebound, where it will hit next based on the angle of the rebound so on and so forth. you can, in theory, predict it infinitely. but in reality, your prediction will end up wrong on the 3rd or 4th rebound. Why? because tiny imperfections in the surface of the pool table, small indentations on the ball or on the railings will all mount up, getting the ball skewing off course slightly at first and then ending way differently than the original spot you had in mind if it had the energy to go on for say 100 rebounds. It will never land on your predicted trajectory in the end because of those tiny imperfections, dents, problems.

One small change at a base level will have consequences so profound that the end result will be far off trajectory. And that is also true of biological-chemical systems.

I will go as far as to say that if you reversed the clock on planet earth and restarted the biological process all over again with the exact same conditions as we had, the outcome will be vastly different.

Thank you too.

without.