Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

Post by melanie »

RickD wrote:Mel,

I don't want to speak for Paul, but when pedophelia and homosexuality are compared here in this thread, I think it's to see if both are a disorder. A normal, healthy, sexual desire would be for someone who is an adult, of the opposite sex. With that said, attraction to a same sex adult, or a pre-pubescent child, would be a disorder.

I'm certainly not saying that raping a child is not worse than two homosexuals consenting. And if I walked in on a man raping a child, it would take all my power not to kill that man. And if I walked in on two homosexual men going at it, I would be disgusted, but I wouldn't feel the rage as I would with a child rapist.

Personally, I think harming a child is pretty much the worst thing someone can do. But like Paul said, my opinion means bupkis, especially in a culture where child rape is considered normal.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

Post by RickD »

Mel,

You quoted me without making a response. I don't know if I should feel honored, or if I should be waiting for your wrath.
:underchair:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

I think that's were the distinction lies Rick. When you tie pedophliia and homosexuality under the same 'disorder'. I just don't gel with that. Personally and intectually it just isn't right.
Pedophiles are sexual predators, that take advantage of our little ones. As a victim I am ultra aware of such.
I am the ultimate Mumma bear.
Inside my cloak of protectiveness are 'gays' not because I could care less of their sexual persuasion but because they are my family and friends and I trust them implicitly and along with my many heterosexual friends we look after each other.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

RickD wrote:Mel,

You quoted me without making a response. I don't know if I should feel honored, or if I should be waiting for your wrath.
:underchair:
Haha it was an accident.
No wrath :eugeek:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:I think that's were the distinction lies Rick. When you tie pedophliia and homosexuality under the same 'disorder'. I just don't gel with that. Personally and intectually it just isn't right.
Pedophiles are sexual predators, that take advantage of our little ones. As a victim I am ultra aware of such.
Inside my cloak of protectiveness are 'gays' not because I could care less of their sexual persuasion but because they are my family and friends and I trust them implicitly and along with my many heterosexual friends we look after each other.
Mel,

I'm not saying they are the same disorder. I'm not even saying that either is a disorder. I'm saying that the conversation brings up an interesting topic.

I don't think all pedophiles are offenders.

Not all who are attracted to prepubescent children, actually rape prepubescent children.

And yes, child molestation is a horrible crime, usually perpetrated by someone who the child trusts.

My wife's uncle tried to molest her. And my dad was molested by one of his coaches, when my dad was young. And I know some of how it affected both of them.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

mel, this isn't about comparing homosexuality to pedophilia as if they are the samething.

My question, which keeps getting ignored is simple:
I know that it is not popular to equate homosexuality with other deviant sexual behaviours but let me ask you this:
Why Not?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

melanie wrote:I think that's were the distinction lies Rick. When you tie pedophliia and homosexuality under the same 'disorder'. I just don't gel with that. Personally and intectually it just isn't right.
Not the same disorder, no.
A Disorder, yes.
A disorder is anything that is out of the proper order.
A deviant behaviour is that which deviates from the norm.

May I ask you this?
Pedophilia is viewed as a mental disorder, a person with this is sick, mentally.
If you knew someone ( family or friend) that was a kind and loving person but you found out that they had this disorder and was being treated, how would you feel?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Let's make something clear here, pedophilia is a disease and sexually molesting a child is a crime.
Let's not confuse what we are talking about.
In some countries homosexuality is a crime.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

PaulSacramento wrote:I am sorry, but where did I say that I would decide ??
You said and I quote
PaulSacramento wrote:
It is clear that there are vary degrees of mental disorders, some of which that the behaviour CAN be controlled.
Homosexuality is one of those.
You said some behaviours can be controlled, implying that some cannot.

What is your yard stick that you use to measure which ones can be controlled and which ones cannot.

This is like the third time I have asked you this same question, you wrote it so you must have an answer for it.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:I am sorry, but where did I say that I would decide ??
You said and I quote
PaulSacramento wrote:
It is clear that there are vary degrees of mental disorders, some of which that the behaviour CAN be controlled.
Homosexuality is one of those.
You said some behaviours can be controlled, implying that some cannot.

What is your yard stick that you use to measure which ones can be controlled and which ones cannot.

This is like the third time I have asked you this same question, you wrote it so you must have an answer for it.
Daniel, I am beginning to worry about your reading comprehension.
You seem to equate me stating an opinion/informed view ( that some behaviour can be controlled) with me stating that I DECIDE which ones.

To clear this up, though I don't see how you could have gotten that view, homosexual behaviour, line any other sexual behaviour can be controlled.
How do I know that?
The same reason everyone else knows that sexual urges can be controlled.
Personal experience.
Same reason the Mayo clinic and other medical clinics and doctors know:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20020126

Seems to me you seem to be imp;lying that sexual behaviour can't be controlled, is that right?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Recommend watching this video here: https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/ ... ves/#page1 to understand the social climate of transgender talk in Australia.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)