Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

Post by crochet1949 »

How many people Are truly satisfied with their body. We'd like Something either bigger or smaller or Whatever.

Gender is Not a social construct -- God created them male and female. Society didn't create or disengage God, either. God exists. People might not Like Him 'being' , but that doesn't make Him disappear.

Once in a great while -- babies Are born with a mixture of parts or none at all. Dr's / parents wait to see how they develop. Entering puberty can make a big difference.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

Post by Kurieuo »

I won't be convinced until they demonstrate that left-handedness isn't an innate, fixed, and biological trait. :P Seriously though, it is sad that so many people aren't receiving the truth, but believe in a lie. All the pain that gets caused because the facts of the matter are shrouded in a thick cloud of political correctness.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Why are so many people unwilling to accept that the problem is more likely to be psychiatric? And why are they so willing to buy into the transgender narrative the PC crowd just loves?
Because there is a stigma against people with mental health issues and there is no longer one against those with "gender" or "sexuality" issues.
To say a person has "mental problems" is far worse than saying they are gay.
Sad, but true.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Cunning is the Devil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm-5ATC-pek
That was a very good Youtube presentation. The devil Is very cunning -- greatest liar ever. He invented lying, deception.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Some of those problems are really spiritual in nature. Philippians 4:6-9 says it pretty good. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, are just, are pure, are lovely, are if good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praise worthy -- meditate on these things.
The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I wonder how intersex babies are viewed, were they born male or female?

I think there is a combination of factors involved, well at least from what I have read, but really we are still only scraping the surface of our understanding of sexuality, I think it is too early to make a judgement based on the current evidence. Maybe the article is correct, maybe it is not, I think it is too early to tell.

But to me from what I have read, I think it is a combination of nature, "nurture" and environment. I think there is genetic conditions that could give a predisposition, then there is a "nurture" element of how you were bought up and lastly an environmental factors of pollution maybe playing an epigenetic role after birth. I put "nurture" in quotation because I don't think it is quite the appropriate word when discussing things like sexual and mental abuse.

There is no choice in this for them, they cannot help what they are and as has been proven time and again you cannot change it easily without serious mental health problems, usually resulting in suicide.

So from a Christian perspective, we should be graceful, merciful and loving. We should not cast judgement upon them as this was not something they actively chose for themselves, but was chosen for them by either genetics, environment or society.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

There is no choice in this for them, they cannot help what they are
True, but ONLY IF we are speaking of being born with a sin nature. We naturally desire all manner of things that God says are sinful! And that goes for everyone, single, married, male, female, and for all manner of sinful desires they might have. Sin is second nature to us because it is also our FIRST nature. And whether heterosexual, homosexual or bi-sexual in desires, everyone has a choice as to how they decides to live out their sexuality, no matter WHAT their inner desires might be. And God doesn't see homosexual sin any differently than adulterous heterosexual sin. I have desired all manner of women other than my wife, at least in vicarious moments of lust. But that doesn't mean I MUST act upon it, or ever have. I do not HAVE to obey my sin nature! People say, "but my ________ (whatever the sin) feels absolutely natural to me, it's what I want." Of COURSE it does! Sin is our natural bent!
and as has been proven time and again you cannot change it easily without serious mental health problems, usually resulting in suicide
Many have changed to Godly living out their sexuality. Where it becomes a mental issue is when people think they are being forced to go against what they think they are born to be. What about bisexuals, somewhere, at any given point, while attracted to both sexes, they must choose - or either be promiscuous or in some sort of polygamous/bi-sexual relationships. When we live differently than God says we are too, there WILL be great stresses and consequences that impact our physical and mental health. And gay people have issues in very significant percentages as opposed to the heterosexual community - and in areas where it's been long acceptable and normalized.

Of course, all of this is predicated upon whether one believes what Scripture says about these matters, no?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I wonder how intersex babies are viewed, were they born male or female?

I think there is a combination of factors involved, well at least from what I have read, but really we are still only scraping the surface of our understanding of sexuality, I think it is too early to make a judgement based on the current evidence. Maybe the article is correct, maybe it is not, I think it is too early to tell.

But to me from what I have read, I think it is a combination of nature, "nurture" and environment. I think there is genetic conditions that could give a predisposition, then there is a "nurture" element of how you were bought up and lastly an environmental factors of pollution maybe playing an epigenetic role after birth. I put "nurture" in quotation because I don't think it is quite the appropriate word when discussing things like sexual and mental abuse.

There is no choice in this for them, they cannot help what they are and as has been proven time and again you cannot change it easily without serious mental health problems, usually resulting in suicide.

So from a Christian perspective, we should be graceful, merciful and loving. We should not cast judgement upon them as this was not something they actively chose for themselves, but was chosen for them by either genetics, environment or society.
I think a serious point of the article Daniel, is that there is NO scientific research for this commonly expressed views such as "born that way", "can't be changed", "it is natural", etc, etc.
The only scientific studies done show that it is NOT the case and shows that these "inclinations" should be viewed as a serious mental illness and treated as such.
Accepting that homosexuality is "OK" and not a disorder does NO ONE any good and cause more harm than good and that IS a proven statistical fact, as the study proves.

Now, you said that it may be to early to make a judgment, well, if that is the case for the view BASED on scientific research then even MORE SO for the view that is NOT based on anything but opinion.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I wonder how intersex babies are viewed, were they born male or female?

I think a serious point of the article Daniel, is that there is NO scientific research for this commonly expressed views such as "born that way", "can't be changed", "it is natural", etc, etc.
The only scientific studies done show that it is NOT the case and shows that these "inclinations" should be viewed as a serious mental illness and treated as such.
Accepting that homosexuality is "OK" and not a disorder does NO ONE any good and cause more harm than good and that IS a proven statistical fact, as the study proves.

Now, you said that it may be to early to make a judgment, well, if that is the case for the view BASED on scientific research then even MORE SO for the view that is NOT based on anything but opinion.

What sort of treatment are you suggesting?
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Congrats, Dan. The first step in treatment, is admitting you have a problem. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Congrats, Dan. The first step in treatment, is admitting you have a problem. :pound:

I am not gay Rick, no matter how much you may want me to be................. :troll:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

I am not gay Rick, no matter how much you may want me to be................. :troll:
Thank God! Now I can bake you a cake with a clear conscience!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I really hope I do get a serious answer Paul as I am really interested to know what sort of treatment you think works or what could potentially work. I am reposting it so it doesn't get buried.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I wonder how homosexuality will be viewed say 30-100 years from now?

One of my close friends has schizophrenia and has suffered with this mental illness for many years, he has good days and bad days, sometimes even bad months. Imagine say a few hundred years ago, people would have been trying to exorcise the demons from him, he would have been ostracised and banished from his community, he would have been labelled as someone suffering from sinful desires, possibly even burnt at the stake for it. Even today we do not understand what causes this "mental illness" or even if it is one, some say it is genetic, some say it is chemical, some say it is environmental, and some say it is caused by a parasite. Maybe it is a combination of many factors at play, but really science doesn't have an answer yet to solve the riddle of this terrible and debilitating disease, maybe there is no one cause.

What I find interesting however is that people will be quick to say homosexuality is a mental illness but then hold them morally responsible for their actions of homosexual behaviour, does this make my friend responsible for his behaviour when he has a psychotic episode, should I be responsible when I am suffering through a deep depression for my behaviour even though I cannot think rationally at the time?

I also find it interesting that you are quick to label something as emphatically a mental illness when we can see from history that things we once thought were just a mental illness have genetic, environmental, social, chemical or biological factors at play. y:-?