The Flat Earth Bible

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

The Flat Earth Bible

Post by ultimate777 »

This is just the worst, so far. Sometimes it seems to me Christianity has this kind of stuff about it like Marley's ghost had chains.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Flat Earth Bible

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:

This is just the worst, so far. Sometimes it seems to me Christianity has this kind of stuff about it like Marley's ghost had chains.
I fail to see what this book has to do with Christianity.

The flat earth bible has about as much to do with Christianity, as this bible does:
https://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Leasers-N ... 0375720677
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

I just clicked into the link -- the word "Bible" was in the title and it gets people's attention. It sounds like a 'classic' case of taking some Scriptures out of context and trying to start a 'cult' of sorts -- with yet another 'conspiracy' at work. But -- listening to the News on a regular basis -- it Can get a person to 'see' a conspiracy around most any / every corner. I haven't clicked into the other link about 'negotiating- Bible-Third '. But will.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD -- I clicked into the link you provided and had to laugh. You're right. The use of the word "Bible" is interesting. A guide to automachanics -- everything a person would need to know about buying a car?! My husband has one of those about computers.

And what's crazy is that some people will buy into the concept of a flat earth and all that That author attached to it. God Has given us a brain to use And the freedom to choose How to use it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

The Flat Earth-Bible is supposed to be an authoritative book on the flat earth. In the book's title, "Bible" is defined informally as an authoritative book. The word "Bible" in the title, has nothing to do with The Holy Bible.

Just like the link I posted in which the Buyers-Leasers Negotiating Bible is supposed to be an authoritative book on buying and leasing. It also has nothing to do with The Holy Bible.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Btw,

The earth is flat. The whole "earth-as-a-globe" is a Masonic, New World Order conspiracy, which is perpetrated by nasa to trick all of us!

DO NOT FALL FOR THE SPER SPHERER ROUND EARTH CONSPIRACY OF THE ILLUMINATI!!!

The earth is flat.

The flat-earth bible says it.

I believe it.

That settles it.
:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... flat+earth

Most of these books are pro-flat earth and most of them try to use the Bible to prove their points. To many people use the Bible in to many ways for such garbage. What preportion of us do that, I wonder?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... flat+earth

Most of these books are pro-flat earth and most of them try to use the Bible to prove their points. To many people use the Bible in to many ways for such garbage. What preportion of us do that, I wonder?
I believe the exact percentage is 33.3333333333333333%

And FYI, the earth IS flat. I saw it with my own eyes. NASA is lying. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
:shock:

-Edward R Murrow