GotQuestions.org Negative Toward OEC View!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

GotQuestions.org Negative Toward OEC View!

Post by Philip »

Was just surfing around on another topic, and came across this misrepresentation and negative short essay concerning Progressive Creationism, by Gotquestions.org: http://www.gotquestions.org/progressive ... onism.html

There is little objectivity in it, that's for sure. It's pretty much a case of, Evolution posits the earth is billions of years old, which is impossible. And Progressive Creationism teaches the same belief of age - and desires to harmonize the Bible and known science. Therefore, PG is wrong for many of the same reasons. And then they build in false assumptions/assertions to make their case. Otherwise, GotQuestions is typically a good Biblical resource. Pity they posted that.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: GotQuestions.org Negative Toward OEC View!

Post by RickD »

I wrote them a letter a while back regarding their description of PC. They have since changed some of their wording. It used to be worse.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

They have since changed some of their wording. It used to be worse.
What, did they once insinuate a politically link the term "Progressive" - as in, like such people are likely Progressive DEMOnCRATS? :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
They have since changed some of their wording. It used to be worse.
What, did they once insinuate a politically link the term "Progressive" - as in, like such people are likely Progressive DEMOnCRATS? :mrgreen:
No. They just posted the usual straw man beliefs about PC/DA.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony