Local flood, not all humanity killed?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Local flood, not all humanity killed?

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:For those who want to say the world wide flood could have happened, sure, with divine intervention. But it didnt.
A giant meteor could have wiped out NYC yesterday, but, it didnt.
Or how about the universe could have popped into existence, but it didn't. y:-? Oh hang on... :P
You and phil are the same person? When faced with a simple specific thing about the flood having no basis in demonstrable fact, off you both go to the origin of the universe again.

I will take it as a tacit acceptance of inability to do better.
Phil's got a great mind! Glad to be likened to him.

You've got your go-tos against Christians, the universe popping into existence from nothing no less (err if there could be less than nothing) is mine against non-believers.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:For those who want to say the world wide flood could have happened, sure, with divine intervention. But it didnt.
Or how about the universe could have popped into existence, but it didn't. y:-? Oh hang on... :P
You and phil are the same person? When faced with a simple specific thing about the flood having no basis in demonstrable fact, off you both go to the origin of the universe again.

You've got your go-tos against Christians, the universe popping into existence from nothing no less (err if there could be less than nothing) is mine against non-believers.

I though you could at least attempt to be on topic. So solly, my mistake.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Seriously? On topic? Mods? At this board? :pound:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: Or how about the universe could have popped into existence, but it didn't. y:-? Oh hang on... :P

Seriously? On topic? Mods? At this board? :pound:
So solly again, twice I make mistake.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:So solly again, twice I make mistake
It's alright, no one's perfect. We're all fallible.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:So solly again, twice I make mistake
It's alright, no one's perfect. We're all fallible.
But it has never happened to me before. I feel devastated.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Regarding the Nephilim mentioned in Genesis. We can only speculate on this matter. You have to search out these matters from other other ancient writings, sort out, and piece things together. That's the best one can do...

Most likely the Fallen Ones did not have sexual relations with women. Jesus mentions in the gospel account that angelic beings essentially cannot do this as they do not have gender.

Most likely they altered DNA and artificially impregnated women is what is meant. Next Jesus said the last days will be like it was in the days of Noah. Look at the advances in DNA manipulation and what do you see? You see more sexual perversion gloried as normal and healthy, people becoming more violent, etc.

I do not want to sound like the Ancient Alien TV host or show as in my opinion they are off base. However, there maybe a little truth in all the doo doo they talk about.

What we do know from the bible is that there was a rebellion in Heaven, the focus point is earth where the fallen ones (demons) attempt to prove God cannot keep his word, promises, and gifts so their leader can exalt his throne above God's. They do so with humanity as a tool for their ends.

Bible speaks about spiritual warfare. That part is true. For fallen angelic beings to come and attempt to alter DNA of human beings is possible. Their appearing to folks as beings of light and selling the idea is possible. They deceived the folks in Noah's day - so why wouldn't it be any different now since Jesus mentioned that the last days will be like the days of Noah?

Food for thought...

y:-?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

B. W. wrote:Regarding the Nephilim mentioned in Genesis. We can only speculate on this matter. You have to search out these matters from other other ancient writings, sort out, and piece things together. That's the best one can do...

Most likely the Fallen Ones did not have sexual relations with women. Jesus mentions in the gospel account that angelic beings essentially cannot do this as they do not have gender.

Most likely they altered DNA and artificially impregnated women is what is meant. Next Jesus said the last days will be like it was in the days of Noah. Look at the advances in DNA manipulation and what do you see? You see more sexual perversion gloried as normal and healthy, people becoming more violent, etc.

I do not want to sound like the Ancient Alien TV host or show as in my opinion they are off base. However, there maybe a little truth in all the doo doo they talk about.

What we do know from the bible is that there was a rebellion in Heaven, the focus point is earth where the fallen ones (demons) attempt to prove God cannot keep his word, promises, and gifts so their leader can exalt his throne above God's. They do so with humanity as a tool for their ends.

Bible speaks about spiritual warfare. That part is true. For fallen angelic beings to come and attempt to alter DNA of human beings is possible. Their appearing to folks as beings of light and selling the idea is possible. They deceived the folks in Noah's day - so why wouldn't it be any different now since Jesus mentioned that the last days will be like the days of Noah?

Food for thought...

y:-?
-
-
-

The only thing I will say is that Jesus was speaking of divine beings IN HEAVEN and not on Earth.
Also I would add that the verse of 2Peter and Jude not only echo 1Enoch BUT also use the verbiage that is typical of a unlawful physical union (ie: sex).

All that said, this is all just a interesting discussion and, it should be noted, not something to actually ARGUE about.

That said, I am right and you all are wrong :twisted:
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Jac: And to the mod comment at the top of this page, this isn't personal, but I will admit to it being a testy issue for me.
Well, Jac, I just wanted to make sure you don't get unhinged over this subject (or ANY subject - again!). Sometimes I can see a brouhaha and feigned great personal offense coming, followed by seething sarcasm. We don't need that to happen anymore, DO we???!!! When you start calling people a "liar," I pretty much know to be concerned - as with you, it often goes down hill from there! We can disagree around here without deliberately trying to [annoy people] with the self-righteous stuff. Not saying this is happening here, but I certainly can see the potential. And, of course, you're not the only one, takes "two to tango," etc.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Audie, please, again, learn how to highlight someone prior comments with the quote button, and so your responses are easy to see. With everything grayed out, it's virtually unreadable.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Philip wrote:Audie, please, again, learn how to highlight someone prior comments with the quote button, and so your responses are easy to see. With everything grayed out, it's virtually unreadable.
It is hard to do with my tablet. It is far, tho, from "virtually unreadable".

If in the future you will address my posts, should you care to, on topic instead
of always going back to the origin of the universe regardless of the topic, and can refrain from
strawman nonsense about things I've never said, there is no need for you to read it anyway.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac's been arguing the Nephilim issue from scripture. While he mentioned the angel half-breed theory goes against nature, I think that's a huge issue for me with it.

We have angels on one hand, and humans on the other. First we have to make the leap that angels can even procreate, and second, that they can procreate with humans. Where else in creation does this happen with two different physical beings, nevermind that one of the two isn't even a physical being?

On second thought, I just read that AIG believes in The Sethite belief. Since AIG believes that, I change my mind. It must be fallen angels. I couldn't possibly agree with AIG. :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:Jac's been arguing the Nephilim issue from scripture. While he mentioned the angel half-breed theory goes against nature, I think that's a huge issue for me with it.

We have angels on one hand, and humans on the other. First we have to make the leap that angels can even procreate, and second, that they can procreate with humans. Where else in creation does this happen with two different physical beings, nevermind that one of the two isn't even a physical being?

On second thought, I just read that AIG believes in The Sethite belief. Since AIG believes that, I change my mind. It must be fallen angels. I couldn't possibly agree with AIG. :shock:
Im not so much a fallen angel as a underappreciated one.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: On second thought, I just read that AIG believes in The Sethite belief. Since AIG believes that, I change my mind. It must be fallen angels. I couldn't possibly agree with AIG. :shock:
Rick... there is actually a solution to your dilemma that doesn't require any moral compromise on your part :P

The "Adamite belief" that the "sons of God" in Genesis 6 represent the family line of Adam.
This Adamite theory even has some support from Luke when he explicitly refers to Adam as the "son of God" in Luke 3:38.

Just sayin' :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
RickD wrote: On second thought, I just read that AIG believes in The Sethite belief. Since AIG believes that, I change my mind. It must be fallen angels. I couldn't possibly agree with AIG. :shock:
Rick... there is actually a solution to your dilemma that doesn't require any moral compromise on your part :P

The "Adamite belief" that the "sons of God" in Genesis 6 represent the family line of Adam.
This Adamite theory even has some support from Luke when he explicitly refers to Adam as the "son of God" in Luke 3:38.

Just sayin' :D
You mean I don't have to believe in that stupid half demon, half human baloney, AND I don't have to agree with AIG? Where do I sign up?

This doesn't require me to be a Theistic Evolutionist, does it? That would mean I'd have to be associated with those Catholics like Byblos and PaulS. I don't know if I could agree with a Catholic on anything. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony