Questions for Theistic Evolutionists

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Questions for Theistic Evolutionists

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Jesus has convinced millions he is real and only those who have not been born again cannot understand.If you're a person who is not convinced God is real then get saved by Jesus and you'll know he is real. You see people don't know about religion and in their ignorance they assume Christianity is just like all other religions and that the person chooses one day to be a Christian and changes theirself to follow laws/rules of that religion,like - If you're going to be apart of this religion? You must follow these rules and live like this.But this will not work in Christianity and those who do this are hypocrites.In true Christianity a person is saved by Jesus,they are born again and they are instantly changed on the inside to serve God and when it happens there is no way a person is not convinced Jesus is real because your whole view and outlook on life is changed in an instant.It is like you've been blind your whole life but can now finally see. This is why just being raised up in a Christian home will not and does not make anybody a Christian,like it does in all other religions.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Mon May 23, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Audie -- so a leg growing back constitutes a true miracle? Then you live a sheltered life. As I was sharing just a moment ago with you some of the real miracles that Have happened.
I would say that having a leg grow back-make it instantaneous, for extra
effect- would be a true miracle. You disagree?

As for the sheltered life bit, lets not stoop to personal jabs, ok? You leave yourself wide open, lets not go there.

You listed some things you consider to have been miracles. I noted that
those are claimed all over the world, thru time, and from probably every religion and tribal healer ever. We get the miracle of the Virgin on a biscuit, we get https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun.

None can actually be demonstrated to be real. If you believe in them, this should be no obstacle; "God", after all, does not provide proof of existence, does "He"? Miracles like a leg regrowing in the Mayo clinic with videos going is not going to happen, is it?
God Does provide proof of His existence -- as has been shared -- and the example of the 'wind'. It , too, is invisible -- but no one has ever doubted it's existence. The effects Of the wind are seen all the time.

The personal jabs thing. You don't have problems dishing it out. But ''lets not go there'' anymore -- sounds like a good idea.

Miracles are God way of showing us that something Out of the Ordinary Is Happening -- something 'bigger' than Us.

I'm Not going to deny what happened at Mayo Clinic. It's Also possible that someone has gone to some lengths to 'stage' a miracle just for the 'sake of'.

The world of the supernatural Does exist -- a person can deny it all they want to -- but it's never stopped it from existing.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Audie -- so a leg growing back constitutes a true miracle? Then you live a sheltered life. As I was sharing just a moment ago with you some of the real miracles that Have happened.

As for the sheltered life bit, lets not stoop to personal jabs, ok? You leave yourself wide open, lets not go there.

those are claimed all over the world, thru time, and from probably every religion and tribal healer ever. We get the miracle of the Virgin on a biscuit, we get https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun.

None can actually be demonstrated to be real. If you believe in them, this should be no obstacle; "God", after all, does not provide proof of existence, does "He"? Miracles like a leg regrowing in the Mayo clinic with videos going is not going to happen, is it?
God Does provide proof of His existence -- as has been shared -- and the example of the 'wind'. It , too, is invisible -- but no one has ever doubted it's existence. The effects Of the wind are seen all the time.

The personal jabs thing. You don't have problems dishing it out. But ''lets not go there'' anymore -- sounds like a good idea.

Miracles are God way of showing us that something Out of the Ordinary Is Happening -- something 'bigger' than Us.

I'm Not going to deny what happened at Mayo Clinic. It's Also possible that someone has gone to some lengths to 'stage' a miracle just for the 'sake of'.

The world of the supernatural Does exist -- a person can deny it all they want to -- but it's never stopped it from existing.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

crochet1949 wrote:
Audie wrote:

Have I taken jabs at you? If so please identify, if not dont do this lefthanded follow up jab accusing me of hypocridy! Then saying its a good thing to avoid. Honestly , people in America!

Now to more substantive things, "Wind" is moving air, like "river" is moving water.
Air can readily be detected, measured, analyzed as to physical and chemical properties.

If you must see it, it can be liquified or frozen. Lets see ya freeze "god". :D

Oh and Mayo..no miracles seem to happen there. Odd, the way they avoid places that
could proprrly confirm them.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Jesus has convinced millions he is real and only those who have not been born again cannot understand.If you're a person who is not convinced God is real then get saved by Jesus and you'll know he is real. You see people don't know about religion and in their ignorance they assume Christianity is just like all other religions and that the person chooses one day to be a Christian and changes theirself to follow laws/rules of that religion,like - If you're going to be apart of this religion? You must follow these rules and live like this.But this will not work in Christianity and those who do this are hypocrites.In true Christianity a person is saved by Jesus,they are born again and they are instantly changed on the inside to serve God and when it happens there is no way a person is not convinced Jesus is real because your whole view and outlook on life is changed in an instant.It is like you've been blind your whole life but can now finally see. This is why just being raised up in a Christian home will not and does not make anybody a Christian,like it does in all other religions.

Most courageous of you, savagibg persons not present or identified. You can make up any stupidity or hypocrisy you like, say those "others" are like that, they are ignorant, assume whatever you say they assume and they just take it! Glorious victory is yours!

What were you like before Jesus made you wonderful?
Last edited by Audie on Mon May 23, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Unfortunately, there are those who wouldn't recognize a miracle if they Did see one.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

crochet1949 wrote:Unfortunately, there are those who wouldn't recognize a miracle if they Did see one.

Could be, but far more who think they see miracles on biscuits. :D
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Jesus has convinced millions he is real and only those who have not been born again cannot understand.If you're a person who is not convinced God is real then get saved by Jesus and you'll know he is real. You see people don't know about religion and in their ignorance they assume Christianity is just like all other religions and that the person chooses one day to be a Christian and changes theirself to follow laws/rules of that religion,like - If you're going to be apart of this religion? You must follow these rules and live like this.But this will not work in Christianity and those who do this are hypocrites.In true Christianity a person is saved by Jesus,they are born again and they are instantly changed on the inside to serve God and when it happens there is no way a person is not convinced Jesus is real because your whole view and outlook on life is changed in an instant.It is like you've been blind your whole life but can now finally see. This is why just being raised up in a Christian home will not and does not make anybody a Christian,like it does in all other religions.

Most courageous of you, savagibg persons not present or identified. You can make up any stupidity or hypocrisy you like, say those "others" are like that, they are ignorant, assume whatever you say they assume and they just take it! Glorious victory is yours!
Jesus said Ye must be born again and until this happens acting like a Christian does not make them born again.Sure some people won't even act like a Christian but some people do and it is all just an act they are putting on like the hypocrites did in the Roman ampi-theaters. Just saying,so that we don't have any confusion.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audie wrote:

Jesus said Ye must be born again and until this happens acting like a Christian does not make them born again.Sure some people won't even act like a Christian but some people do and it is all just an act they are putting on like the hypocrites did in the Roman ampi-theaters. Just saying,so that we don't have any confusion.

So what were you like before you became wonderful?
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie -- what's this thing about miracles and Biscuits -- previously it was regarding Virgins and biscuits. Biscuits?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audie wrote:

So what were you like before you became wonderful?
I was lost but now I'm found.Wonderful? That would be Jesus.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

When talking with people like Christians who believe that the universe and life within are miracles in and of themselves, then it really is an uphill battle trying to change views as to whether the miraculous can or does happen in life, whatever one means by such.

For me the fact I presently exist and the world I experience is held together running stable and predictable such that the Sun rose again this morning, such to me is nothing short of miraculous.

Either people see significance in such thereby allowing the possibility of the "miraculous", or they see nothing that significant at all and being born into their surroundings they just accept the brute fact of it all, nothing more, nothing less.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:When talking with people like Christians who believe that the universe and life within are miracles in and of themselves, then it really is an uphill battle trying to change views as to whether the miraculous can or does happen in life, whatever one means by such.

For me the fact I presently exist and the world I experience is held together running stable and predictable such that the Sun rose again this morning, such to me is nothing short of miraculous.

Either people see significance in such thereby allowing the possibility of the "miraculous", or they see nothing that significant at all and being born into their surroundings they just accept the brute fact of it all, nothing more, nothing less.

What makes you think those are the two and only two possibilities?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:When talking with people like Christians who believe that the universe and life within are miracles in and of themselves, then it really is an uphill battle trying to change views as to whether the miraculous can or does happen in life, whatever one means by such.

I'm a dichotimistist because either/or makes life decisions much more easy.
Can you think of a third?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:

I'm a dichotimistist because either/or makes life decisions much more easy.
Can you think of a third?
Avoiding your topic drift, Audie notes that neither of your guesses was much good,
and that no verbal sleight of hand, howevrr transparent and inept, will make one of them correct.