What is an "evolutionist"?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: What is an "evolutionist"?

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:And English wordd are open to grest abuse thro' the vice of equivocation.
Speaking of English words, maybe you wanna start using them, instead of this gibberish you're speaking.

"Grest"?????
:lol:
typo-pickin' on is the lowest.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:And English wordd are open to grest abuse thro' the vice of equivocation.
Speaking of English words, maybe you wanna start using them, instead of this gibberish you're speaking.

"Grest"?????
Not spell-checking before hitting the submit button is even lower than typo-pickin'. :razzing:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:

"Grest"?????
Not spell-checking before hitting the submit button is even lower than typo-pickin'. :razzing:
Rats. Busted again.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD -- Great Interpretation of my thoughts. Actually, I think that Audie simply hit the 's' instead of the 'a' by mistake since they are right next to each other on the keyboard. Well, and then the 'd' instead of 's'. It's innovative spelling.

Considering we've been talking about the Bible / God / creation / I Thought you might have been asking a Serious question about God. The usage of 'our' is very important.

Translators put the Bible into the English language so that no one would have to rely on religious hierarchy To interpret from the Latin And the fact that back then, the common people usually were illiterate and Had to rely on the educated priests to read. And Sometimes those priests had their own agendas. They Knew the Scriptures and sometimes added to or subtracted From and misled the people. But a monk who Did read and realized what was happening within the church -- tried to reform the church from within. Didn't go over very well. Martin Luther.

This is to say that English, Latin, Hebrew -- There is but One God -- Not three different Gods' and we / the 'common' people Can read Scripture for ourselves. If a person Wants to believe in three separate 'gods' then that's their business. But the rest of Scripture doesn't jibe with that. And certainly there have always been other 'gods' worshipped. But there is only One True God.

Enough theology for now? One little comment by yourself results in a sermon from me.