Noah's Ark has been found

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
JM7
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Re: Noah's Ark has been found

Post by JM7 »

RickD wrote:Put it this way...

When you confirm it's Noah's ark, give us a call.

Until then, just like all the other ark "sightings", it's mere speculation.

I have confirmed a pattern of metal. I have confirmed that it's boat shaped. do you have any opinions on these two facts?

even video of Colonel Jim Irwin, the astronaut said there's patterned metal there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOkSn9dBavQ

is this good confirmation?

=Are you going to say there's no pattern of metal?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

JM7 wrote:
RickD wrote:Put it this way...

When you confirm it's Noah's ark, give us a call.

Until then, just like all the other ark "sightings", it's mere speculation.

I have confirmed a pattern of metal. I have confirmed that it's boat shaped. do you have any opinions on these two facts?

even video of Colonel Jim Irwin, the astronaut said there's patterned metal there.

is this good confirmation?

=Are you going to say there's no pattern of metal?
Are you the one in the videos? If yes, then I have to take you at your word that the videos are legit?

It seems to me, that if it's all that you claim it to be, then you may get the Nobel peace prize.

I'm not the one you need to convince. You need to prove that it's Noah's ark. That means a lot more that just posting videos that claim you found metal.

Get someone to believe what you're saying. Someone who can prove that it's the ark, and someone that has a good reputation for news.

Otherwise,

For now, you're just no different than anyone else who has claimed to have found the ark.

Prove it's the ark.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Philip wrote:I tend to be highly skeptical that the ark could still exist. And even if it were found, a huge boat-like vessel with many compartments, high up on a mountain, I could see an unbelieving world nonethless finding some creative rationale to dismiss its authenticity.

An unbelieving world?

There are always a few die hard dopes, not the least among them those who still claim there was such a flood.

Nothing can get thru to them.

The rumours of a new world were not all believed, but, you know, its right here.

Few indeed could just ignore such a boat, if only it could be found.

Heck, I'd believe in the gold books of Joseph Smith, if THEY could be found!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
Philip wrote:I tend to be highly skeptical that the ark could still exist. And even if it were found, a huge boat-like vessel with many compartments, high up on a mountain, I could see an unbelieving world nonethless finding some creative rationale to dismiss its authenticity.

An unbelieving world?

There are always a few die hard dopes, not the least among them those who still claim there was such a flood.

The rumours of a new world were not all believed, but, you know, its right here.

Joseph Smith? You're a Mormon sympathizer? I knew there was a reason why you are so moody!
:mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

An unbelieving world?

Joseph Smith? You're a Mormon sympathizer? I knew there was a reason why you are so moody!
:mrgreen:

MOODY!!!!!???

I will moody you, then you will see what is what.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

How do you "moody" someone I wonder. y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Kurieuo wrote:How do you "moody" someone I wonder. y:-?
:pound:
I think we might find out.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Omg,

Did I type "moody"? :oops:

Darn autocorrect!

I meant to write intelligent, but it autocorrected to moody.

Let me fix it...

Audie,
I knew there was a reason why you were so intelligent! :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Kurieuo: How do you "moody" someone I wonder. y:-?
K, I don't think we want to find out. :shock: :pound:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

JM7 wrote:

I'm saying that you can not only believe it, but you can know it. If you're willing to travel and to do some real hands on research, you can know it.
Is this that "Noah's ark park" thing in Turkey where they collect money from dupes* who come to see
an eroded anticline that is sort of boat shaped?

There is Sheep Mountain in Wyoming, easier to get to. Look it up on "images". Looks like Noahs Ark
too.

* a person who cant tell a rock from a boat is a dupe
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:* a person who cant tell a rock from a boat is a dupe
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

JM7:
i need some help with this. the flood took place somewhere around 2300-2400 b.c. that puts it squarely in line with what is known as The Bronze Age. it's called that because tin and copper were first smelted in lower range heat to make bronze. this was the first such metallurgical process form by man.

bronze is not strong enough to support anything like a boat, especially one as large as the ark. the extraction of iron from its ore (which would be metal,strong enough in support) to a workable metal is much more difficult than for copper or tin. the process appears to have been invented by the Hittites in about 1200 BC, beginning the Iron Age. i have included a little info here also on the Mesopotamian ship building practices, as they were the best known builders in that day... and they make no mention of metal in their plans

http://nautarch.tamu.edu/pdf-files/Makela-MA2002.pdf

so i'm wondering what the hub-bub is about metal being detected ? I couldn't find where metal was ever a product used in that day for ship building ... JM7, can someone direct me to an established knowledgeable point of reference that can include metal in their actual building plans of the day ?
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
JM7:
i need some help with this. the flood took place somewhere around 2300-2400 b.c. that puts it squarely in line with what is known as The Bronze Age. it's called that because tin and copper were first smelted in lower range heat to make bronze. this was the first such metallurgical process form by man.

bronze is not strong enough to support anything like a boat, especially one as large as the ark. the extraction of iron from its ore (which would be metal,strong enough in support) to a workable metal is much more difficult than for copper or tin. the process appears to have been invented by the Hittites in about 1200 BC, beginning the Iron Age. i have included a little info here also on the Mesopotamian ship building practices, as they were the best known builders in that day... and they make no mention of metal in their plans

http://nautarch.tamu.edu/pdf-files/Makela-MA2002.pdf

so i'm wondering what the hub-bub is about metal being detected ? I couldn't find where metal was ever a product used in that day for ship building ... JM7, can someone direct me to an established knowledgeable point of reference that can include metal in their actual building plans of the day ?

The big problem is there was no flood for the boat, but as for iron / bronze...
Iron vs Bronze.

Another is that this "detection of metal" as as fake as Joseph Smith's gold books.

Iron and bronze are two metals that have been in use for time immemorial. These were the first metals discovered by men. Well, iron and bronze differ in many ways, such as in their properties and usage.

With regards to the origin of the two metals, it was bronze that was discovered first. Bronze was discovered around 3000 BC, and it was during 1000 BC that iron started being used.

Well, what is bronze, and what is iron? Bronze is an alloy of tin/copper. On the other hand, iron is a naturally occurring metal.

One of the differences that can be seen between the two metals is that bronze is denser than iron. Unlike bronze, iron can easily be bent. Another thing that can be seen is that bronze can be stronger than simple iron, but it is weaker than carburized iron.

When comparing their melting points, iron has a higher meting point. While iron has a melting point of 1600 degrees Celsius, bronze has a melting point of 1000 degrees Celsius.

Well, bronze is easier to cast, but it is harder to forge. When heated, iron retains heat, whereas bronze cools immediately. Another difference that can be seen is that iron rusts, while bronze does not. Unlike bronze, iron has magnetic properties.

Bronze is also less brittle than iron. This makes it hard to work with bronze metals. When comparing the color of the two metals, pure iron comes in a silver-white color, whereas bronze comes in a copper-yellow, or dark gray color.

Although both metals are used for industrial purposes, bronze is widely used in machine parts, as it causes less friction than iron.

Read more: Difference Between Iron and Bronze | Difference Between | Iron vs Bronze http://www.differencebetween.net/object ... z3xK3l735H
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I stand corrected, the Ark DOES exist!

* Accessories and fake animal poo poo sold separately. * Must supply your own water.

Nothing like a cute kids' toy based on a mass-drowning epic, eh? :lol: What a pleasant aroma that ship must have had! :shock:
JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

Audie wrote:
JM7 wrote:

I'm saying that you can not only believe it, but you can know it. If you're willing to travel and to do some real hands on research, you can know it.
Is this that "Noah's ark park" thing in Turkey where they collect money from dupes* who come to see
an eroded anticline that is sort of boat shaped?

There is Sheep Mountain in Wyoming, easier to get to. Look it up on "images". Looks like Noahs Ark
too.

* a person who cant tell a rock from a boat is a dupe
1.the formation is not an anticline and cannot be an anticline for one basic reason: it's not even made of rock. Geologist Lorence Collins thought it was an anticline, but the problem is, if you wrote him, he'll tell you that he's never been to the site. He has no specimen of the "rock" and the co-author of his paper said it's not an anticline. so, scratch that off your list and you need not repeat the claim.

2. there is a visitor's center, but there's no fee to visit the site. Scratch that off your list.

3. you hadn't addressed the pattern of metal at the site. there's no pattern of metal on Sheep Mountain.