Noah's Ark has been found

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
JM7
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Noah's Ark has been found

Post by JM7 »

Noah's Ark has been found. It's called the Durupinar site in Eastern Turkey, and it's located around 12 miles near to Mt Ararat. It's a boat shape and measures around 515ft long. It has a pattern of metal in it that marks out the internal rib like structure, and it stands up very well to the critics and those who ignorantly listen to the critics without checking out the claims or hearing both sides of the issues.

If you don't believe the formation is Noah's Ark you heard only one point of view but wasn't remotely interested in 1. calling the people who defend the site 2. go to the site and check out the claims 3. don't understand what the issues are 4. put more stake in the word Ph.D rather than in the word evidence.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Noah's Ark has been found

Post by RickD »

y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

Atheist archeologist Ekrem Akurgal, renown for his work on the Hittite empire, and awarded many honors, called the Durupinar site Noah's Ark. see video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM8BuKm7CNI

1997 metal detection work confirms the existence of a pattern of metal there:
(some creation scientists have said there's no pattern of metal there, so had to check it out personally)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CEydyhk2wE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8lHAv2hH2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtnbWgyN5U

so why did the creationists make a mistake? what i found out is that if you don't mark out the metal with ribbons or have a camcorder video taping it, you will suspect it's a random pattern. It's too easy to doubt what you're seeing. And that's exactly what they had done.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

The claim that this site is Noah's ark, has been proven false.
http://www.snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

Why do you believe this site proves it false? I put down several contentions in regard to those who dispute this site, above, did you do those things?

1. did you talk to the people who defend the site?
2. did you go to the site and test it?
3 do you know what the issues are? Can you tell anyone as to why the site is false aside from just saying someone said so?
4. do you believe Ph.D's make mistakes.

I read the information that you linked to before I went to the site in 2003 and 2007. I went there to check out some of the testable claims. For example, here's one disputable item:

"Claim: Metal detector surveys found a regular pattern of 'hot spots' which could be joined to reveal a regular pattern of 'lines' lengthwise and across the inside of the formation only.

"Reality: A standard beach combing type metal detector (the type with a disc-shaped detector head on the end of a long pole) indeed found 'hot spots,' but these were RANDOMLY distributed and not in a regular pattern along lines.

Anyway, the person you cited for the above claim is Andrew Snelling. I've met the guy twice, and I like most of his work. So anyway, I showed him the video of our results, and he told me that he based his paper on the best information available at that time. That article is really old, and more testing has been done since that time.

Anyway, a rule of thumb, talk to people who defend the site, go to the site, and do a little research. It can't do you any wrong. just to give you the heads up. There's more to this site.
JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

One other thing, the links to the videos regarding the metal detection surveys are fairly recent, 2007 to be exact, and falsifies one major contention - that being the metal being randomly distributed. It's not, it's patterned. Did you watch the videos?
JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

RickD wrote:The claim that this site is Noah's ark, has been proven false.
http://www.snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp
i showed in my videos that the major contention: "no pattern of metal" to be false - by scientific experiment, thus falsifying your links. Going to respond?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

When I get a chance I'll watch the videos.

But,
If Noah's ark was found, it would probably be the single biggest archaeological find. Ever.

And we haven't heard much about it.

Even answers in Genesis doesn't believe the ark was found. And that tells me quite a bit.

Btw,

Your profile says you're not a Christian. So why the obsession with a Christian ark?

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:When I get a chance I'll watch the videos.

But,
If Noah's ark was found, it would probably be the single biggest archaeological find. Ever.

Even answers in Genesis doesn't believe the ark was found. And that tells me quite a bit.

Btw,

Your profile says you're not a Christian. So why the obsession with a Christian ark?
It would be bigger than the discovery of the New World. And about as hard to fake or hide.

People have been "discovering" it ever since at least Marco Polo's time.

I was on a flight to Hong Kong one time, the person sitting next to me turned out to be a preacher, on his way to spread the word to the heathens.

He decided to practice on me, as a representative of the natives.

I thought first to see what kind of preacher he was, so I asked about Noah's ark.

There had been a report of a sighting not so long before, so I asked he why people keep "sighting" it, but never actually get any closer than the do to Bigfoot.

Turned out it is because it is in a glacier! Cracks open, you get a sighting, then they close again.

I tried, briefly, to tell him that glaciers experience a lot of internal movement so that anything inside is torn into shreds, and also that with a small mountain glacier, it would most likely long since have been conveyor-belted out the terminus.

Nope. And what could some heathen girl possibly know.

Its nice to have headphones and a tablet, sometimes.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I tend to be highly skeptical that the ark could still exist. And even if it were found, a huge boat-like vessel with many compartments, high up on a mountain, I could see an unbelieving world nonethless finding some creative rationale to dismiss its authenticity.
JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

RickD wrote:When I get a chance I'll watch the videos.

But,

Btw,

I'm not sure as to how I got a profile. I'm a Christian and I never filled out a profile.

I like Answers in Genesis' stuff, however, I disagree with their position on Noah's Ark. The truth be told is that AIG and ICR both take their conclusions from a few people. However, they made a mistake. I can easily see how they came to their conclusions there, as I noticed that while doing metal detection at the site, i felt, initially, that the pattern may be random. I quickly changed my mind when I observed others doing the metal detection. I videoed the entire thing, and ribboning the hotspots made it even clearer. OK, the problem is that there's a grassy turf on top of the formation and everything looks the same. So you could move your metal detector around, and move it back (so you think) and it may not register. The big problem is solved by placing ribbons down on the hot spots so you can accurately measure the hotspot positions. It's your mind and the difficulty of discerning location that produce false conclusions.

GOOD NEWS

There's more positive evidence coming soon!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok, I looked at the videos.

I hope you're not saying they prove that the ark is there. What exactly are you claiming the videos prove?

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Put it this way...

When you confirm it's Noah's ark, give us a call.

Until then, just like all the other ark "sightings", it's mere speculation.

-Edward R Murrow

JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

Philip wrote:I tend to be highly skeptical that the ark could still exist. And even if it were found, a huge boat-like vessel with many compartments, high up on a mountain, I could see an unbelieving world nonethless finding some creative rationale to dismiss its authenticity.

I'm saying that you can not only believe it, but you can know it. If you're willing to travel and to do some real hands on research, you can know it.
JM7
Acquainted Member

Post by JM7 »

RickD wrote:Ok, I looked at the videos.

I hope you're not saying they prove that the ark is there. What exactly are you claiming the videos prove?

Take a look at your posted website and find out what AIG said. They said "no pattern of metal". That's a testable assertion. AIG had no video surveys with metal detectors to account for their assertion. My statement is that there is a pattern of metal and to prove it, I've given a video. So, who do you think proved their point? You know, there's some earlier video of a metal detection scan done on site and it was made in 1985-6. All that I've done is just to confirm that earlier report. AIG came to their conclusions in the early 90's. That tells me that they made a mistake. Believe me, most of AIG's work is top notch. Andrew Snelling, the man who wrote the report, told me, in person, that his report was based on the best information that he had at that time. Well, I can say that I have the most recent new information that's not in his report.

There's also more fantastic information to be released pretty soon!!!