Why is there a conflict between religion and science?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Why is there a conflict between religion and science?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Evolution scientists need a crash course in Reproduction 101. This is PG rated so be warned!
Reproduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOrHvq34hg
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: It seems like you are trying to read between the lines. Please take my statements at face value.
So are you saying when a mutation does occur it does or does not add to the variability?
Since there is no evidence mutations add to variability and you only have variation for evidence we must go by the evidence,not assumptions without evidence.Since all we have for evidence is normal variability we must go by it and not assume,basically normal variation in reproduction is all we have to go on according to the evidence in evolution science and this is called micro-evolution.
Ok let's look at variation more closely.
Let's say a wolf pup and it's sibling are very alike. They were just born but they already have slight differences. What accounts for the differences, is it in their DNA?
In a litter of wolves,there is always slight variation,some of them will be the runts of the litter,smaller while others will be bigger and they can have different color fur,etc.It is in the genes.This variation is exactly what caused Darwin to assume life evolves,this is why normal variation in reproduction is not evidence life evolves,yet it is used for evidence in evolution science.

I will give you an example of normal variation in reproduction being used for evidence life evolves and I want you to see that just as in a litter of wolves we see normal variation,we see the very same kind of normal variation in reproduction being used for evidence in evolution science,but this is even worse because these salamanders are used for evidence for MACRO-evolution not even MICRO-evolution in evolution science.They are using normal variation in reproduction for evidence for both micro-evolution and macro-evolution.So based on their own evidence we can say they believe reproduction and evolution are the same thing or they cannot tell the difference between reproduction and evolution.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... /devitt_02

All of this talk about mutations? There is no evidence in evolution science that mutations causes life to evolve,it is just believed by faith and assumption.
But what is the source of this variation, is it in the genes?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: It seems like you are trying to read between the lines. Please take my statements at face value.
So are you saying when a mutation does occur it does or does not add to the variability?
Since there is no evidence mutations add to variability and you only have variation for evidence we must go by the evidence,not assumptions without evidence.Since all we have for evidence is normal variability we must go by it and not assume,basically normal variation in reproduction is all we have to go on according to the evidence in evolution science and this is called micro-evolution.
Ok let's look at variation more closely.
Let's say a wolf pup and it's sibling are very alike. They were just born but they already have slight differences. What accounts for the differences, is it in their DNA?
In a litter of wolves,there is always slight variation,some of them will be the runts of the litter,smaller while others will be bigger and they can have different color fur,etc.It is in the genes.This variation is exactly what caused Darwin to assume life evolves,this is why normal variation in reproduction is not evidence life evolves,yet it is used for evidence in evolution science.

I will give you an example of normal variation in reproduction being used for evidence life evolves and I want you to see that just as in a litter of wolves we see normal variation,we see the very same kind of normal variation in reproduction being used for evidence in evolution science,but this is even worse because these salamanders are used for evidence for MACRO-evolution not even MICRO-evolution in evolution science.They are using normal variation in reproduction for evidence for both micro-evolution and macro-evolution.So based on their own evidence we can say they believe reproduction and evolution are the same thing or they cannot tell the difference between reproduction and evolution.

All of this talk about mutations? There is no evidence in evolution science that mutations causes life to evolve,it is just believed by faith and assumption.
As far as I am aware of yes it is in the genes,but my point is it is not and cannot be used for evidence life evolves,eventhough it is.Darwin came up with his evolution hypothesis based on variation therefore it cannot be used for evidence life evolves. Instead it was scientists job to demonstrate Darwin's hypothesis was true,which they never did.

And because the never did in order to push this evolution myth up the hill they use variation for evidence life evolves while calling it micro-evolution and now even macro-evolution in order to imply life evolves based on variation but without evidence while making up myths about natural selection,mutations and random DNA copying errors. This kills the ToE right out of the gate without even getting into anything else, because if scientists will do these things to push a myth?We cannot trust there other evidence. Yes that big pile of evidence that has never demonstrated life evolves.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Nicki wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Ok let's look at variation more closely.
Yes, they've inherited different combinations of genes from their parents.
So genes affect appearance.
That means a series of letters A C T and G determines physical appearance.
So can we look at each sibling and see where their genes are different?
Sure, I would think so.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

As far as I am aware of yes it is in the genes,but my point is it is not and cannot be used for evidence life evolves,eventhough it is.Darwin came up with his evolution hypothesis based on variation therefore it cannot be used for evidence life evolves. Instead it was scientists job to demonstrate Darwin's hypothesis was true,which they never did.

And because the never did in order to push this evolution myth up the hill they use variation for evidence life evolves while calling it micro-evolution and now even macro-evolution in order to imply life evolves based on variation but without evidence while making up myths about natural selection,mutations and random DNA copying errors. This kills the ToE right out of the gate without even getting into anything else, because if scientists will do these things to push a myth?We cannot trust there other evidence. Yes that big pile of evidence that has never demonstrated life evolves.
So does this mean we can compare the genes of the siblings and pinpoint the differences in the code?
And therefore the cause of the difference?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

So does this mean we can compare the genes of the siblings and pinpoint the differences in the code?
Yes,however. I don't know if you've looked into Epigenetics but it might be changing the way we think about genes and DNA. It's been awhile since I have looked into it,but it is already more believable than the ToE when it comes to evidence. An example is bees,all bees start out with the same DNA,yet in order to produce queens,the bees feed certian bees "royal jelly" which causes their genes to be expressed totally different,eventhough they have the same DNA and genes when they started out and they develop into queens which look bigger and totally different and have a different role in the hive based on their diet.Epigenetics could change what we eat in the future to help our genes be expressed much better.

BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: But what is the source of this variation, is it in the genes?

Yes,however. I don't know if you've looked into Epigenetics but it might be changing the way we think about genes and DNA. It's been awhile since I have looked into it,but it is already more believable than the ToE when it comes to evidence. An example is bees,all bees start out with the same DNA,yet in order to produce queens,the bees feed certian bees "royal jelly" which causes their genes to be expressed totally different,eventhough they have the same DNA and genes when they started out and they develop into queens which look bigger and totally different and have a different role in the hive based on their diet.Epigenetics could change what we eat in the future to help our genes be expressed much better.
Does this also mean that we can compare wolf and dog DNA and find the root of their differences?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: But what is the source of this variation, is it in the genes?

Does this also mean that we can compare wolf and dog DNA and find the root of their differences?
Yes,I suppose we can, but what would it prove or show?

BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: So does this mean we can compare the genes of the siblings and pinpoint the differences in the code?
Well can we then compare the number of differences and use that to determine how closely related two individuals are?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: So does this mean we can compare the genes of the siblings and pinpoint the differences in the code?
Well can we then compare the number of differences and use that to determine how closely related two individuals are?
OK but its a waste of time when we already know. We've known for thousands of years all dogs are related to wolves,even Darwin knew it and is a big reason why he assumed life evolves based on this knowledge man has had for thousands of years. Even the ancient Greeks knew dogs came from wolves,so why do we need to waste time in a science lab demonstrating it?The only reason a scientist would want to is if he/she believed life evolves.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Does this also mean that we can compare wolf and dog DNA and find the root of their differences?
OK but its a waste of time when we already know. We've known for thousands of years all dogs are related to wolves,even Darwin knew it and is a big reason why he assumed life evolves based on this knowledge man has had for thousands of years. Even the ancient Greeks knew dogs came from wolves,so why do we need to waste time in a science lab demonstrating it?
Can we then use the same method on wolves and jackals?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Does this also mean that we can compare wolf and dog DNA and find the root of their differences?
OK but its a waste of time when we already know. We've known for thousands of years all dogs are related to wolves,even Darwin knew it and is a big reason why he assumed life evolves based on this knowledge man has had for thousands of years. Even the ancient Greeks knew dogs came from wolves,so why do we need to waste time in a science lab demonstrating it?
Yes.

BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote: OK but its a waste of time when we already know. We've known for thousands of years all dogs are related to wolves,even Darwin knew it and is a big reason why he assumed life evolves based on this knowledge man has had for thousands of years. Even the ancient Greeks knew dogs came from wolves,so why do we need to waste time in a science lab demonstrating it?
Yes.
And beteween polar bears and grizzly bears?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote: OK but its a waste of time when we already know. We've known for thousands of years all dogs are related to wolves,even Darwin knew it and is a big reason why he assumed life evolves based on this knowledge man has had for thousands of years. Even the ancient Greeks knew dogs came from wolves,so why do we need to waste time in a science lab demonstrating it?
Yes.
Also, if I bred dogs for size, what is going on with the genes in my pack?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Yes.
Also, if I bred dogs for size, what is going on with the genes in my pack?
Probably producing a Great Dain? It's still a dog though and shows normal variation that we already know about.We have different color roses too,again normal variation. My point is and has been that this is not and cannot be evidence life evolves and yet it is used as evidence.