How did God become man?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
dfnj
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Re: How did God become man?

Post by dfnj »

abelcainsbrother wrote: I did not judge you at all. We know how to be saved to get to God by reading God's word,the more we read it the more we know God's will and based on your views you are not doing it God's way.
You have no idea what is God's will. Are you God?

I will continue to put all my faith in God. God is my judge. I do not subscribe to your interpretation of God's word.
abelcainsbrother wrote: You are not saved if you go around Jesus,you cannot get to God by refusing to be saved by Jesus because there is no good work you can do to remove your sin. Yet you think you can get to God based on works,you think you can go to God without a blood sacrifice just like Cain did and God rejected it, even if you did have a blood sacrifice you have NO JEWISH TEMPLE TO SACRIFICE IT TO GOD and yet you are wrong biblically.You are not following the OT laws without a blood sacrifice.You are sinning living under the OT laws.Obeying some while breaking others and yet you think it is OK in God's eyes.
It's funny, in your interpretation I burn in Hell. In my interpretation you are saved by God regardless of any mistakes you make in practicing your religion. I will continue to put my faith in an all-loving all-powerful God who will use his omnipotent powers of forgiveness to save me and everyone else at the moment of death.
abelcainsbrother wrote: I'm just telling you that you will not go to heaven if you reject Jesus for your salvation no matter how many good works you think you are doing. You are not a sinnless person like Jesus Christ was and only he can remove your sin but your sins will not be removed or overlooked by God based on your works. You are caught up in a false religion. ALL false religions teach works for salvation. Your religion is no diffeent than Islam,Hinduism,Jehovah witnesses,Moromonism,etc these are all false religions and they all have the same thing in common they teach works for salvation. It will not work and you and they are just as lost as an anti-God militant atheist. You cannot reject Jesus Christ and go to heaven period. You must be saved by Jesus,there is no other way to be saved. And if you love God like you claim you would do things God's way,but you're not based on what you say and believe. I'm telling you what God's word says. You cannot do things your way and please God. God will never overlook your sin or remove your sin based on what good works you do. You are not following God's word.
I'm not rejecting Jesus I'm embracing God. It's not a question of it being "my way". I am putting my faith in God.

Here's a recent quote from Pope Francis:
PopeFrancis wrote: Francis also spoke out strongly again against religious fundamentalism, saying that fundamentalism exists in all religions and should be combatted with efforts at friendship. He said he prefers not to speak of having tolerance for other religious, but "living together, friendship."

"Fundamentalism is a sickness that is in all religions," said the pontiff. "We Catholics have some -- and not some, many -- who believe in the absolute truth and go ahead dirtying the other with calumny, with disinformation, and doing evil."

"They do evil," said the pope. "I say this because it is my church."

"We have to combat it," he said. "Religious fundamentalism is not religious, because it lacks God. It is idolatry, like the idolatry of money."
Are you going to say the Pope is not going to be saved because he's putting God first before idolizing a particular way of practicing religion?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Do you think everyone will be saved?

And I'm pretty sure the Pope puts his faith in Christ.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

dfnj wrote:
It's funny, in your interpretation I burn in Hell. In my interpretation you are saved by God regardless of any mistakes you make in practicing your religion. I will continue to put my faith in an all-loving all-powerful God who will use his omnipotent powers of forgiveness to save me and everyone else at the moment of death.
God has already forgiven you, in Christ Jesus. Christ's sacrifice is efficacious to forgive all sin. All you have to do is believe in him. You don't have to wait until you die, to have eternal life.

Won't you believe in the one who died and rose, so that you may have eternal life by trusting him?
I'm not rejecting Jesus I'm embracing God. It's not a question of it being "my way". I am putting my faith in God.
But you are rejecting Jesus. And of course it's "your way". Your way is just believe in God how you want to. You need to believe His way. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. No man can come to the father, except through him.

The gospel is simple. Believe in Jesus. God in the flesh. He came to earth, and died for your sins.

Believe in the only one by whom you can be saved.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

dfnj..

Will your God save Satan too?

Do you believe Satan even exists?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

batter low so may return to this but dfnj.

I used to believe what you do.
its all about God, not Christ.
God is all loving, all forgiving.

Til I noticed the flaw in that.
If its true, your version, none of this matters.
Nothing.
You are forgiven.
No matter what.
There is no consequence to anything, its all pointless.

Christ is the key.
To the Kingdom of God.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:dfnj..

Will your God save Satan too?

Do you believe Satan even exists?
God didn't offer redemption to Satan.

Eternal life through Christ, is only for us. Humanity.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Why?

and I omly ask because im curious.

Satan doesnt want redemption.

But if he did?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Why?

But if he did?
I don't know why. You'll have to ask the big guy when you see Him.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:

But if he did?
:mrgreen:

I never really thought about it before. I wonder if God would forgive even Satan if he truly repented? Is it possible for Satan to repent?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:

But if he did?

I never really thought about it before. I wonder if God would forgive even Satan if he truly repented? Is it possible for Satan to repent?
Maybe it's just as simple as God knows Satan won't repent.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Maybe.

Probably.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:

But if he did?

What if Satan was a member on this board, how would we know? :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:

But if he did?

What if Satan was a member on this board, how would we know? :mrgreen:
Geez Louise! y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:

But if he did?

True...

A spiritual eternal being who knows the ways of God and was once one of the covering Cherubim (Ezekiel 28:14-17) seeks to pit God's character attributes against each other in order to rule over God. With this sort of eternal knowledge for a spiritual being, this means there is no redemption possible because such would seek to use God's love, justice, mercy, gifts, etc as a weapon to get away with continued rebellion just as Satan continues to do so today.

Eternity is merely a hypothetical concept for us as well as being an eternal spiritual being. We as mortal, find it difficult to understand how in eternity such a state seals you. In that state of eternity (spiritual state of being) God reveals the truth about all he is because he is all truth and cannot lie. This is great knowledge and with such knowledge, the fallen angels exploited in an attempt to entrap God to act counter against who he is and is like which would make God become less than his own self.

These fallen beings know too much and have become eternally corrupt and seek to make human beings just as corrupt. This root of corruption was exposed in the Garden of Eden. Humanity now lives in the consequences for listening how to get by - by exploiting God's good character - in that - not surly die... frame of mind. That such exploiting - not surly die - one can exercise one's own wisdom, on what they see (about God's character), can be great food to partake of.

In other words, exercise their intelligence to exploit God's character so they can get away with things and rule by ruling God to be their personal servant. Add to this, Jesus words that who sees him see's the Father and that He is the servant of all (Mark 10:45). You can see how people as well as demons seek to exploit God's servant actions that always seeks cherish/nurture life into and for their-own personal advantage.

In fact all the major non-Christian world religious systems and political/philosophic systems seek this very end in various ways. In God's wisdom, he fashioned humanity as mortal beings with an eternal spirit and set them into a place where we can be redeemed as well as where we freely learn about consequences; thus, we either can freely return to him or reject him. You can poetically say that the Lord, in a display of his good wisdom, gives humanity a literal second chance.

However, a spiritual beings as the fallen angels are, they are sealed in an already eternal state to the life they know: exploitation, manipulation, rebellion, ends justify the means way of living. They know God will not send them off into a state of non-existence because if God did, then, that proves beyond all doubt that God is not a God of the living. Therefore, as Jesus says in Matthew 25:41, there is a place made for the fallen ones - all of them including mortals who enter that eternal state as fallen, Matthew 25:46.

For those who come back to God thru what Jesus has done for us - read Eph 1:13
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Sorry ES. I had to find this thread. I lost where it was.

ES wrote:
All i am saying here is if someone who is saved and still doesn't recognize that loving your neighbor is of paramount importance ... that "believer" needs to revisit the commands Jesus gave us a.s.a.p. (rush order) :shock: :oops:
Sounds Catholic. y:-? ... . The Divine Mercy ... OOOoooohhhhyeah ! :ebiggrin:
I don't disagree with what you're saying here.
Rick:
ES, the context of Matthew 24, is the tribulation. And the word "saved" in Matthew 24:13, means physical deliverance or the survival of those who last the tribulation.
The word "saved", is the Greek word sozo, which may refer to any kind of deliverance. The context gives no reason to think it's referring to eternal salvation, in Matthew 24.
ES wrote:
Yeah, I agree with this to a large extent. That's not the best verse for direct interpretation, but there are those who concur ...
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure to the end,.... In the profession of faith in Christ, notwithstanding the violent persecutions of wicked men; and in the pure and incorrupt doctrines of the Gospel, whilst many are deceived by the false teachers that shall arise; and in holiness of life and conversation, amidst all the impurities of the age; and shall patiently bear all afflictions, to the end of his life, or to the end of sorrows, of which the above mentioned were the beginning ... and also with an everlasting salvation, which is the case of all that persevere to the end, as all true believers in Christ will.
Thanks ES, but John Gill was a Calvinist. And I don't hold to much of his theology.
ES wrote:
there's also these ...
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
Jeremiah 17:7-8 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
Romans 11:19-22 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.
Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Philippians 2:12-13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure
1 Peter 1:5 Who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
James 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!
2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall
But none of those verses are talking about enduring til the end, OR lose salvation.
RickD wrote: If works are the necessary outcome of doing the will of God according to the documented life of Christ,
ES wrote:
you do get that a documented life of Christ = Matthew 25:31-46 and these are the works of which i speak ?
I'm not sure where you're going with this. My point is that if works are a necessary outcome of one being a believer, then it must be true that works are a "measuring stick" of whether one is saved. Instead of faith in Christ being the measuring stick. But I'm still not sure where you stand on this. Do you believe every believer will show good works? Or, only believers who do God's will?

-Edward R Murrow