Mars Has Women - er, I mean, Water!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Mars Has Women - er, I mean, Water!

Post by abelcainsbrother »

JurassicTerrorist wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:The bible actually tells us water is in outerspace.This water on Mars thing is not really nothing new.You can look at pictures of Mars and tell it atleast use to have water on it,and this was known even before this discovery that Mars use to have oceans of water,even before this discovery.However if they ever find life or even evidence of dead life don't under-estimate how it would change science and the scientific theories that would follow,because it would effect science and I think lead science the wrong way.I personally do not believe there is life on other planets and the bible does not seem to give an answer,however it is possible other planets use to have life on them before God made the earth a habitable place to create man.
The bible tells us water is in outer space?

Where does the bible say that?
Genesis 1:7. If you accept the GT and a universal flood of the universe -Lucifer's flood - that we believe 2nd Peter 3:5-6 refers to? That wiped out the former world then this is where God cleaned up the mess of the universal flood of the Universe and he probably removed water off of Mars too seeing that Mars used to have Oceans of water on it.God was making the earth a habitable place to create man.
An universal flood? How does that make sense? Was the universe filled up with water, or was it only the planets? Wouldn't the majority of the water freeze then? I mean i know God can do anything, but wouldn't all that floating water in the universe freeze by the cold temperatures? :swhat:
First off the bible tells us the kosmos was flooded with water.Those who reject it are ignoring what the text says. but i have links that prove water is in outerspace as a matter of fact there is alot more water in outerspace than on the earth and of course it is frozen into permanent ice because it is so cold. Nobody believes what the bible text says so they overlook it.It is not a stretch at all. I mean sure if a person chooses not to believe there was a flood of the universe that wiped out the former world before God made this world on the earth then it won't make sense but it makes perfect sense to know that God wiped out the former world with a flood of the universe but then had to clean up the mess in order to make this world on the earth and create man and on the 2nd day Genesis 1:7 God cleaned up the mess and removed water off of the earth,the earth was in and out of the water,think of a bobber floating in this water,so this is why God divided the waters and placed water in outerspace but also created the crystal sea in heaven also that divides heaven from the 2nd heaven and us from heaven. It makes perfect sense and is true.

This has happened before in the past where believers believed things the bible did not say and yet taught it any way.Then eventually the truth of God's word shined through and we look back now and realize the bible did not say what they said it did.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

ACB wrote:

This has happened before in the past where believers believed things the bible did not say and yet taught it any way.Then eventually the truth of God's word shined through and we look back now and realize the bible did not say what they said it did.
Believers believed things the bible did not say? You mean like the universe being flooded with water?

Try to picture an area of the universe that's minus 455 degrees Fahrenheit, being flooded with water. Was this some kind of magic water? Was this magic water immune to the freezing temperatures in outer space?

Able,

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your flooded universe theory sounds about as ridiculous as dinosaurs on the ark.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
ACB wrote:

Believers believed things the bible did not say? You mean like the universe being flooded with water?

Try to picture an area of the universe that's minus 455 degrees Fahrenheit, being flooded with water. Was this some kind of magic water? Was this magic water immune to the freezing temperatures in outer space?

Able,

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your flooded universe theory sounds about as ridiculous as dinosaurs on the ark.
It is very cold in outerspace and this means water will freeze.Ice is frozen water.I wish I could convince you a flood of the heavens is true but I don't think you will change your mind.Like i said if you reject a flood of the heavens that wiped out the former world it won't make sense. Maybe you're thinking there is just no evidence for it,but although it can't be proven there is evidence but it is how we choose to interpret the evidence and we usually interpret the evidence from our creation theory position.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

In this thread I was really not trying to push an agenda. I was just trying bring something I thought was interesting to the discussion. Some of us Gap theorists have been waiting and watching NASA when it comes to Mars,and when NASA announced a big announcment we were wondering what it was all about but it was just that they discovered water on Mars,some of us think it is possible that they could find evidence of fossils or dead life on Mars. When i came on here and seen what Philip posted I was thinking, the big announcment was water? We've already kindof knew this.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Abel,

What was the purpose of God flooding outer space? What was He destroying, and why?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Abel,

What was the purpose of God flooding outer space? What was He destroying, and why?
When God pours out judgment it is always because of sin and in this case it was Lucifer's sin. We can piece things together about Lucifer and his rebellion by reading the bible about it.It seems clear that Lucifer engineered a rebellion against God and actually tried to ovetake God's throne but hewas cast out along with a third of the angels.Imean I could really flesh this out with scripture but I'm assuming you know enough to understand. But severe judgment was poured out and the former world that existed onthis earth was wiped out and if you agree? We see the evidence of this former world in the Geology of the earth. This finding evidence of fossils or dead life on Mars is just something to consider and is not really apart of the Gap theory yet,however it could become part of it if they do find evidence of dead life on Mars because it would seem to widen out just how massive this flood was and even other planets were effected,not just the earth. It would also be a biblical answer to why dead life was found on Mars. We have to wait n see but I do find it interesting. I realize that there are other creation in terpretations and the evidence in the earth is not looked at from this perspective but it is if you accept the GT.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

When God pours out judgment it is always because of sin and in this case it was Lucifer's sin. We can piece things together about Lucifer and his rebellion by reading the bible about it.It seems clear that Lucifer engineered a rebellion against God and actually tried to ovetake God's throne but hewas cast out along with a third of the angels.Imean I could really flesh this out with scripture but I'm assuming you know enough to understand. But severe judgment was poured out and the former world that existed onthis earth was wiped out and if you agree? We see the evidence of this former world in the Geology of the earth. This finding evidence of fossils or dead life on Mars is just something to consider and is not really apart of the Gap theory yet,however it could become part of it if they do find evidence of dead life on Mars because it would seem to widen out just how massive this flood was and even other planets were effected,not just the earth. It would also be a biblical answer to why dead life was found on Mars. We have to wait n see but I do find it interesting. I realize that there are other creation in terpretations and the evidence in the earth is not looked at from this perspective but it is if you accept the GT.
Abel,

I understand the story about Lucifer sinning, and being removed from heaven by God. And 1/3 of the Angels being removed with him. That was his punishment for sinning.
I just don't see any biblical merit for your idea that God flooded the universe as an additional punishment for lucifer's sin.

Why would God flood the entire universe because of lucifer's sin? It just makes no sense. Were there angels hiding on some distant planet that God wanted to drown by a flood?
Angels are spiritual beings. Not physical. How could water from a flood affect them?

The whole thing just seems ridiculous.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Abel,

I understand the story about Lucifer sinning, and being removed from heaven by God. And 1/3 of the Angels being removed with him. That was his punishment for sinning.
I just don't see any biblical merit for your idea that God flooded the universe as an additional punishment for lucifer's sin.

Why would God flood the entire universe because of lucifer's sin? It just makes no sense. Were there angels hiding on some distant planet that God wanted to drown by a flood?
Angels are spiritual beings. Not physical. How could water from a flood affect them?

The whole thing just seems ridiculous.
Here is a image taken from one of the Mars rovers. Check it out and see what you think. I don't want to argue about this and it was not my intention.
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images ... 1_DXXX.jpg

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Looks like rocks formed by erosion. What about it?

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Looks like rocks formed by erosion. What about it?
All of them? It also looks like water once flowed over this area too.Where did the water go? Is Mars now without form and void like the earth was? empty and waste? Could Mars have had life on it in the past that was wiped out?If there was a flood of the universe like the bible indicates why would it only effect the earth? We have Mars rovers on Mars but it might also apply to other planets also. These are questions some of us consider.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:Looks like rocks formed by erosion. What about it?
All of them? It also looks like water once flowed over this area too.Where did the water go? Is Mars now without form and void like the earth was? empty and waste? Could Mars have had life on it in the past that was wiped out?If there was a flood of the universe like the bible indicates why would it only effect the earth? We have Mars rovers on Mars but it might also apply to other planets also. These are questions some of us consider.
If A universal flood (flood on all planets, stars, outer space, etc.) is how you interpret scripture, then I have nothing more to say. Other than, if you're going to promote such absurdities, you have no justification to critique YEC, IMO.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Um, WHY did God send the flood of Noah? To wipe out sinful HUMANITY! And so, where did humanity reside? On MARS? Outer space? Someone's exegesis of Scripture has taken a walk on the wild side!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Um, WHY did God send the flood of Noah? To wipe out sinful HUMANITY! And so, where did humanity reside? On MARS? Outer space? Someone's exegesis of Scripture has taken a walk on the wild side!
Philip,

From what ACB has said, and from what I've read, this "Luciferian flood" happened after Lucifer was thrown out of heaven. It is reasoned by Gap Theorists, that the fossil record is a result of this Luciferian Flood.

But in my search, I've yet to find anyone else who's a Gap Theorist, who believes the Luciferian Flood was throughout the universe. At least from what I've read, they say it was only on the earth.

ACB seems to be alone(at least from what I have found) in believing the Luciferian Flood was not only on the earth.

-Edward R Murrow

EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

The Purpose of the Flood in Noah’s Day:
Noah Ark Nephilim Flood Punishment | Nephilim Complete Bible Study

Rather than being an act of cruelty, the Flood was God’s way of saving the last of humanity from complete destruction.
Many pastors, Bible scholars and Bible skeptics alike view the flood as God’s way of dealing with humanity after humanity just sinning too much. However, with all due respect, this is a very simplistic way of looking at the flood. After all, today’s society is just as corrupt and depraved, if not far worse than any era before (more people have been killed in war in the past century than in the prior 900 years). So why would such a global judgment only happen in Noah’s day? The answer is that there were far more complex issues going on in the days of Noah then just humans sinning.
The flood served 3 chief purposes: 1) To destroy the Nephilim giants. 2) To punish the angels who committed the illicit relations with women and make an example of them so that no other angels would ever attempt this again and 3) to save humanity from certain destruction.
Much more than the “over-reaction by an angry God” as skeptics like to paint it, the flood was God’s way of preserving the human race and its bloodline, before it became completely corrupted by the Nephilim giants. This is an important point: many people today point to the flood as “proof” that God is cruel and angry with humanity all the time, and willing to just kill millions of people in genocide on a whim. However the Biblical truth was that God sent the flood to preserve humanity and to make sure we could still receive the promised Redeemer who could save our souls. Without Jesus Christ, there is no hope. There is no future. There is no forgiveness. Meaning every person would spend eternity in hell. The flood was God’s way to keep that hope for all people.
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Noah was chosen to carry on and re-start humanity after the flood because he was a believer in God. Additionally he was “perfect in his generations” which meant that his genetic bloodline and ancestry was 100% human. Noah had not been a part of the Nephilim hybridization that was plaguing humanity. The Hebrew word for “perfect” in that verse is tamiym, which means “complete, whole” with reference to health and physical condition. This is the same word used to describe the condition of animal sacrifices to the Lord:
And whosoever offereth a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the LORD to accomplish his vow, or a freewill offering in beeves or sheep, it shall be perfect to be accepted; there shall be no blemish therein. – Leviticus 22:21.
Thus Noah, his three sons and their wives were able to survive the flood and re-start humanity. But unfortunately, the Nephilim giants returned.

http://beginningandend.com/bloodlines-o ... cal-study/
If you want weird stories acb you only have to go as far as the beginning of the OT. The link given is for the entire story of which I have not a clue of it's veracity or religiosity but can confirm it's base within the bibles' teachings and, i believe, unless you can figure out another angle, has absolutely nothing to do with GT. This story at least, has ties that bind or can at least be studied and tested via known biblical resources.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

So, first we have a flood that destroyed not only the earth, but also the rest of the universe.

And now we're talking about a flood that destroyed half demon, half human giants, that were born from spirit beings(demons) that have the miraculous ability to somehow sexually reproduce with humans.

I guess I need to have a better imagination. :shock:

-Edward R Murrow