Introduction to Biblical Nonsense Part 1: Noah's Ark

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Introduction to Biblical Nonsense Part 1: Noah's Ark

Post by Kenny »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote: That quote in it's context was referring 2 the option between a truly finite universe and regressable infinite universe. One is currently scientifically accepted and has a very strong basis for belief, the other is pure horse dung and un-scientific as it's not testable.
News Flash!!! "God did it" is not scientifically accepted.

Ken
PS Do you have an opinion on the rest of what I posted previously?
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

Kenny wrote:
HappyFlappyDeist wrote: That quote in it's context was referring 2 the option between a truly finite universe and regressable infinite universe. One is currently scientifically accepted and has a very strong basis for belief, the other is pure horse dung and un-scientific as it's not testable.

Ken
No kidding, never claimed it was either! Read, that's all I can say; go back and read. I'm not going to continually re-write my posts.
pulvis sum
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
No kidding, never claimed it was either! Read, that's all I can say; go back and read. I'm not going to continually re-write my posts.
that's good. Do you have an opinion on the rest of what I posted?

Ken
RickD wrote
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

Kenny wrote:
HappyFlappyDeist wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken

Ken
Sure...... That being you described, that is the only one you'll ever call a God?
pulvis sum
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:
Kenny wrote:
HappyFlappyDeist wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken

Ken
Sure...... That being you described, that is the only one you'll ever call a God?
If he didn't have a son named Jesus I'd understand that, but otherwise; yes.

K
RickD wrote
Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Audie »

In the dept of derailed threads, this one is about Noah's Ark.

The story is nonsense if taken as a world wide flood. This should be stone obvious.

Then there is the whole spectrum of beliefs about big floods and lesser floods and the Black Sea filling up or maybe the Euphrates topped its banks and well maybe its all allegorical anyway.

What else is there to say?
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

The story is nonsense if taken as a world wide flood. This should be stone obvious.

Then there is the whole spectrum of beliefs about big floods and lesser floods and the Black Sea filling up or maybe the Euphrates topped its banks and well maybe its all allegorical anyway.

I suppose the conversation was supposed be directed at whether or not the global flood is "stone-obvious nonsense."
ACB has been missing for a while so the conversation regarding that has devolved a bit.

I think we left off on "did water cover everything" or something of the sort.
pulvis sum
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:

I suppose the conversation was supposed be directed at whether or not the global flood is "stone-obvious nonsense."
ACB has been missing for a while so the conversation regarding that has devolved a bit.
I guess. I dont find it possible to have a sensible conversation with him anyway.
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

ABC, you say that there are sediments from a world wide flood that covered everything, including mountain tops, is that right?

Is this sediment found at the bottom of the ice, or it between layers?

When you post to me could you stick to the ideas, and skip all the editorializing?
This was the last question directed at the global flood (minus the could god do it/ did he do it debacle).
pulvis sum
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:
ABC, you say that there are sediments from a world wide flood that covered everything, including mountain tops, is that right?

When you post to me could you stick to the ideas, and skip all the editorializing?
This was the last question directed at the global flood (minus the could god do it/ did he do it debacle).
Oh..I guess that left nothing at all to say, did it?
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

Audie wrote:
HappyFlappyDeist wrote:

I'm sure we'll see one later today.
pulvis sum
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:
Audie wrote:
HappyFlappyDeist wrote:

I'm sure we'll see one later today.

I dont believe in miracles.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Audie wrote:In the dept of derailed threads, this one is about Noah's Ark.

Audie,I've explained a world wide climate change that produced dust in the ice sheets,in the oceans,etc and this climate change dates to Noah's flood.I even showed how certian civilization collapsed because of this climate change.Well let me perhaps give a little more evidence that shows the effect of Noah's flood from a different perspective.

If you want to?look at this link and see if you see the bottle necks that scientists have detected but just don't consider the bible and Noah's flood,and so it seems they are overlooking Noah's flood.Because Adam and Noah are better explanations for these bottle necks and it shows the effects of Noah's flood.First you had Adam then a flood came and then it was Noah.

http://phys.org/news/2015-04-decline-ma ... lture.html
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

Audie,I've explained a world wide climate change that produced dust in the ice sheets,in the oceans,etc and this climate change dates to Noah's flood.I even showed how certian civilization collapsed because of this climate change.Well let me perhaps give a little more evidence that shows the effect of Noah's flood from a different perspective.

If you want to?look at this link and see if you see the bottle necks that scientists have detected but just don't consider the bible and Noah's flood,and so it seems they are overlooking Noah's flood.Because Adam and Noah are better explanations for these bottle necks and it shows the effects of Noah's flood.First you had Adam then a flood came and then it was Noah.

Now ABC, I made two simple requests that I'd like you to honour, for the sake
of worthwhile conversation.

Stay on topic.
No editorializing.

The op ed about what scientists overlook is editorializing.
The topic I asked about, and you've not addressed is your layer of dust in the ice.
Lets keep this super simple.

Just yes/no, please!
1. There was a lot of dust after a world wide flood?
2. Some of it ended up trapped in between layers of ice in Antarctica?

Just give me a simple answer, then we can look at some of the implications.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Audie wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Now ABC, I made two simple requests that I'd like you to honour, for the sake
of worthwhile conversation.

Stay on topic.
No editorializing.

The op ed about what scientists overlook is editorializing.
The topic I asked about, and you've not addressed is your layer of dust in the ice.
Lets keep this super simple.

Just yes/no, please!
1. There was a lot of dust after a world wide flood?
2. Some of it ended up trapped in between layers of ice in Antarctica?

Just give me a simple answer, then we can look at some of the implications.
Yes,however I have not even got into a world wide flood yet.All I've been doing so far is showing that secular science detects world wide climate change that dates to the time of Noah's flood.It needs to be established first that secular science detects something catastrophic happened yet do not see any correlation with Noah's flood.I do believe in a global flood that covered the tops of the mountains but not every Christian agrees with a world wide flood.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.