Resurrection of jesus christ

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
perplexedsoul
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Resurrection of jesus christ

Post by perplexedsoul »

hi,
Let me ask you few of my doubts. How come resurrection and assumption into heaven is possible. We know there is no oxygen after leaving the atmosphere. How come Jesus travelled through space and reached a place called heaven ?? Distance to the nearest star is 4•25 Light yrs. Heaven is known to be a place situated out of the universe. Is it possible to travel through dark matter and star dust. Same case with mary. Possible chances are both of them are fictional characters as they left no evidence on earth other than bible. No hostorical proof is there. But personally i beliece in the Existence of jesus as a deity becase i felt his presence.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Resurrection of jesus christ

Post by 1over137 »

Maybe Jesus went to extra dimension :shock:

And welcome to the forum.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Outside of our physical universe would be different.
As for no historical proof? What about the shroud?

Welcome from me too y>:D<
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

You mentioned dark matter. Could you tell me how this was in the bible thousands of years ago and long before science discovered it?Isaiah 50:3" I clothe the heavens with blackness,and I make sackcloth their covering." Dark Matter was known about and it was in the bible the whole time,long before science knew about it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Oh!You mentioned star dust also.Don't you remember it tells us in Genesis God picked up dust from the ground and formed man?Do you believe this was star dust?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

OK then, well... wait...... :swhat:

welcome to the forum :wave:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
perplexedsoul
Newbie Member

Post by perplexedsoul »

If we believe bible is a book of truth, we go and find proof from some 'words'. We can find such proof from comics too. But the question is about, tje reality. There is no proof for moving into another dimension, as all dimensions together makes an existence
perplexedsoul
Newbie Member

Post by perplexedsoul »

there is no proof for shroud too.It can be of any man
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

perplexedsoul wrote:there is no proof for shroud too.It can be of any man
Umm I suggest you might want to read this thread http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... ?f=6&t=225

And then come back and request that this post be deleted.

Warning - It is a long one but worth the read. All credit goes to Bippy our resident Shroud expert. I will try and hold him back from ripping into you until you have read some of it. Although no promises.
perplexedsoul
Newbie Member

Post by perplexedsoul »

Sorry, lets keep the thread alive. Its about resurrection and assumption into heaven. Not about of historical proof. Assumption of both Mary and Jesus into heaven.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

'With God, everything is possible.' God can do anything and sometimes he does the miraculous. Things don't usually appear out of nowhere as when the universe came into being; people don't usually walk on water; disabled people don't usually instantly get healed. But God would not be much of a God to me if he couldn't make these things, as well as Jesus rising from the dead and returning to heaven, happen when he chose. Jesus had a glorified body when he rose which probably had no need of oxygen or anything else - he could eat food but maybe he didn't need to.

Edit - did Mary go straight to heaven as well? Don't remember anything about that.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Nicki wrote:'With God, everything is possible.' God can do anything and sometimes he does the miraculous. Things don't usually appear out of nowhere as when the universe came into being; people don't usually walk on water; disabled people don't usually instantly get healed. But God would not be much of a God to me if he couldn't make these things, as well as Jesus rising from the dead and returning to heaven, happen when he chose. Jesus had a glorified body when he rose which probably had no need of oxygen or anything else - he could eat food but maybe he didn't need to.

Edit - did Mary go straight to heaven as well? Don't remember anything about that.
The Mary going to heaven is a Catholic thing.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

perplexedsoul wrote:Sorry, lets keep the thread alive. Its about resurrection and assumption into heaven. Not about of historical proof. Assumption of both Mary and Jesus into heaven.
But you mentioned the historical proof!

So, what exactly are you asking? Do we believe Jesus was resurrected and ascended into Heaven? And Mary?

Yes. In a word. :)

Jesus, absolutely, without a doubt. (And you really should read the shroud thread, it cannot, and is not, just of any man!)
Mary, I`m not sure but I believe she did. I have no proof for that, I am totally open to correction but it is what I believe, at least for now. (And it is a Catholic thing)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

perplexedsoul wrote:If we believe bible is a book of truth, we go and find proof from some 'words'. We can find such proof from comics too. But the question is about, tje reality. There is no proof for moving into another dimension, as all dimensions together makes an existence
First off,what would make you believe that Almighty God could not move into another dimension?God could easily do that so I don't see how you are being realistic thinking like you do.Not believing in God does not change anything.

But also reality is everything that comes into being has a cause and God is a cause but if you reject God? Then all you have is a cause problem that science cannot help you with.If you have decided no God exists?Then no amount of evidence would change your mind and yet you still have no substance behind what you believe is reality.

perplexedsoul
Newbie Member

Post by perplexedsoul »

Everyone use the word 'dimension', They play with that word. What exactly meant by dimension ?? And where is the resurrected jesus christ ?? Why he is not coming to the world and proove that he exist. Why he is not coming infront of a video camera and let himself recorded ???