Is secularism spreading?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Is secularism spreading?

Post by Kenny »

Kurieuo wrote:Honest opinion? You gals should research what Muslims think in Muslim countries.

Take Turkey’s PM Erdogan: The term “moderate Islam” is ugly and offensive — Islam is Islam
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/09/turke ... m-is-islam
Muslims living under a theocracy government will probably think differently than those living under a secular government; but that doesn't mean those living under a secular government are not real Muslims.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Certainly looks that way! y:O2
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Ideology, religion, same schtick.
Isn't it amazing how some people don't grasp this truism?
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:

And both worse than the other. Even fewer grasp that one.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

I would never say one worse than the other, just that both are easily corrupted by human nature, regardless of their ideal aims.
I man, how would you begin to quantify "worse"?
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

I would never say one worse than the other, just that both are easily corrupted by human nature, regardless of their ideal aims.
I, woman, can say it as I please, and as it is clearly not intended to be taken literally, I'm not going to do any literal analysis for you.

Do you know of a pure ideology or religion, perfect and in all ways good?

Maoism had its good points, so did Christianity.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

I, woman, can say it as I please, and as it is clearly not intended to be taken literally, I'm not going to do any literal analysis for you.

As a Christian I, obviously, believe Christianity is perfect.

Of course perfect needs to be quantified and in this case: Perfect for it's intended purpose.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Storyteller wrote:Certainly looks that way! y:O2
So much for England's liberal progressiveness.
Either it's one step closer of Communism, or one step closer to an Islamic theocracy.
Time will tell where the stairs lead.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Yeah, you like the death of only 70 million deaths due to starvation and what-not then opt for Mao and Marxism–Leninism.
I'll stick to Christ thanks. His teachings by comparison is the same as light to darkness.
And more freeing on so many levels.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Your exact words were: if you stole when no one is looking, then you don't believe it is wrong. You just believe everyone else says it's wrong and need to make sure they don't find out about it.
Gotcha, thanks. Follow the points in context I was making throughout the conversation. This one has to do with trust/believing and being a hypocrite. To sum it up though: People do things that are wrong knowingly and unknowingly. It's hard to commit a sin when you don't know it is one. And someone wont' consider something a sin if they don't believe it is, because their moral principles tell them it's not even if their moral principles are wrong. People are great at deceiving themselves and others and muddying up truth/reality due to their desires. Objectively there is morality we can define naturally. No guessing needed. People want to be their own moral makers. To reality/existence/God if you are being immoral you are sinning against something in existence and God (despite what you tell yourself or how numbed and broken your conscious is). To that person, they aren't sinning. Those that know morality are going to be held to a higher standard to not be immoral (and some things are unacceptable and would make you a hypocrite if you did in regards to Christianity, or any belief system in general).

What about you? Are you sinless? Or do you not accept and believe what your religion is telling you.
You ask this again? :shakehead:
Again, I'm sinful, will be till I die and accept and believe what my religion is telling me. Instead of trying to goad me somewhere, just ask what is on your mind. Be a lot more direct Kenny; I'm losing interest in talking to you.
Going over a religion doesn't mean you are going to interpret it the way the other person will
:shakehead:
What makes a person Muslim? Why don't you tell me?
Are you saying anyone can alter any belief system, claim to be a part of it, and be a representative of it? That seems to be what you're implying. And is completely ridiculous. And this seems to be a huge error people make. Accept what someone says on face value and believe they represent what they say they do.

One last time. Read the Quran and Hadith. In it, it tells you if you are a Muslim or not (and why and how). Not me, not you, not your uncle, not that monkey. How is this so hard for you to comprehend?
Oh so now you've been given the authority to determine who is Muslim and who is not?
If you would actually read my words you would have the answer to this question already. (and done a little needed research on your own)
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

ST: Mallz?
Are you saying that only Muslim extremists are true Muslims?
Muslim extremists are living out Islam. We would have to define what you mean by only Muslim 'extremists' for me to agree to that statement.
Because there are Muslim extremists that ARE going against their prophet and allah.
Want to know why other Mulsims are so pissed at ISIS? The timing is off and they aren't following the Mahdis orders (or are they?! :esurprised: )
Once the Muslim Mahdi arrives, the entire Muslim world will unify and go ISIS on the world.

Great question Annette!
Was thinking the same thing.
Is that kind of thinking a little extreme?
Islam is extreme thinking. How much do you know about Islam?
Last edited by Mallz on Fri May 29, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Kenny: Muslims living under a theocracy government will probably think differently than those living under a secular government; but that doesn't mean those living under a secular government are not real Muslims.
Their religious texts say they are not, unless they are portraying 'moderate' for subversion.
Last edited by Mallz on Fri May 29, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

And completely inescapable for humans :esad:
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Kurieuo wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Certainly looks that way! y:O2
So much for England's liberal progressiveness.
Either it's one step closer of Communism, or one step closer to an Islamic theocracy.
Time will tell where the stairs lead.
Since that was pitifully blocked by your government it seems, you can just search "Recep Tayyip Erdogan no moderate islam".

The issue as seen by "true" Muslims (by true, I mean as would be seen in Eastern legitimate terms rather than illegitimate Western terms), is that "moderate" and "extreme" Muslims are seen as Western labels.
So your moderate Muslim, is perceived by Muslims to really mean a Muslim who is more "Christian". And Allah willing, forbid any Muslim be Christian in any way, shape or form.
For such ultimately boils down to supporting the most atrocious and unforgivable sin in Islam of shirk.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Mallz wrote: Gotcha, thanks. Follow the points in context I was making throughout the conversation. This one has to do with trust/believing and being a hypocrite. To sum it up though: People do things that are wrong knowingly and unknowingly.

Okay not that’s different. Before you said people do wrong unknowingly. Now that you’ve changed your position and admit some do it knowingly as well. Now we are in agreement.
Mallz wrote: You ask this again? :shakehead:
Yes last time you didn't answer my question.
Mallz wrote: Again, I'm sinful, will be till I die and accept and believe what my religion is telling me.
Now you admit you sin which is against your religion; yet you accept and believe what your religion is telling you. Either you’ve contradicted yourself, or you’ve changed your mind again and agree with me now. I am going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you have changed your position and agree with me now.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".