Marriage

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Marriage

Post by UsagiTsukino »

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Re: Marriage

Post by LittleHamster »

If you are under the influence of satan/satanic thoughts, you will probably end up either cheating 'in thought' or 'in practice'.

If you under Grace you will be given power over satan's influence and power over your sinful nature.

Ask for Salvation through Grace and the holy spirit will help you..i.e.,all will be well !
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Usagi, we can be born or wired for a great many different things, but the Bible tells us to resist our natural urges and desires and instead strive to be holy. I would post some Bible verses but I am on my phone, maybe tomorrow if I get time before work.

If I am born with my brained wired to have a short temper, that is no excuse to be short tempered, I still have a choice as my brain is not my soul.

I hope that makes sense.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

No, we are not hard wired to cheat though we may have the tendency to procreate without the pretense of monogamy.
See, being hardwired for something means that you are genetically predisposed to that thing AND your body is "designed" for that, examples would be being hardwired for sprinting or hardwired for singing or hardwired for marathon running, know what I mean? you body is ABLE to do those things better than anything else.
The fact that multiple sexual partners leads, more often than not, to STD and things like that means that humans are NOT predisposed to being sexually active with multiple partners that are also sexually active with others.

Aside from that there is the very simple view of:
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Look, as some of you know I am a martial artist, have been for almost 40 years and in that time I fought in full contact sports like boxing, Muay Thai, Karate, Vale tudo, Judo and I bounced for years.
In short I am very good at beating the crap out of people, or worse.
I am "hardwired" to do just that, so should I?
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Last edited by UsagiTsukino on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

UsagiTsukino wrote:Well if an one is interested

Here is 2012 study: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 093142.htm

Here is 2013: http://www.academicjournals.org/article ... ehinwa.pdf

And here is Bedouin-Arab women: http://isp.sagepub.com/content/52/1/5.abstract

Enough said here from the 2012 link:
Considered the most comprehensive study of polygamy and the institution of marriage, the study finds significantly higher levels rape, kidnapping, murder, assault, robbery and fraud in polygynous cultures. According to Henrich and his research team, which included Profs. Robert Boyd (UCLA) and Peter Richerson (UC Davis), these crimes are caused primarily by pools of unmarried men, which result when other men take multiple wives.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Question I was wondering has there every been a poll set up of what people now think of Monogamy? I know there is one Christan site that support polygamy but like a worldwide search? I know it rather small of the people who support polygamy
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote:Question I was wondering has there every been a poll set up of what people now think of Monogamy? I know there is one Christan site that support polygamy but like a worldwide search? I know it rather small of the people who support polygamy
Why on earth would any sane man want more than one wife? :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

RickD wrote:
UsagiTsukino wrote:Question I was wondering has there every been a poll set up of what people now think of Monogamy? I know there is one Christan site that support polygamy but like a worldwide search? I know it rather small of the people who support polygamy

Well it there were a few men in the bible like Solomon and David. Look at Sister Wives for modern polygamy. There is still polygamy in middle eastern countries. SO is there a poll of how people very polygamy?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

I second that Rick, ... :popcornduo: there's only so much popcorn to go around !
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
I second that Rick, ... :popcornduo: there's only so much popcorn to go around !

there area few people they still do polygamy in this day and age
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
The women who consent to these type of marriages are not like your wife, they are probably unlike any woman you are accustomed to.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Nicki
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Kenny wrote:
RickD wrote:
The women who consent to these type of marriages are not like your wife, they are probably unlike any woman you are accustomed to.

Ken
:) Quite possibly. Apart from the moral side of it the big problem with polygamy to me is that if there are roughly the same number of men and women around there will be all these guys left wifeless (like male lions roaming the savannah together :) ) and possibly causing trouble as one of those articles mentioned.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I believe marriage is strong evidence we were created in the image of God.God created a man and then a woman and said these twain shall be one flesh,and God designed marriage between a man and a woman to be a blood covenant and we know our God is a blood covenant God and so he designed marriage between a man and a woman to be a picture of Jesus the bridegroom and the church the bride by blood covenant because of the blood of Jesus.

Romans 1:20 " For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,being understood by the things that are made,even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

I believe this is why Satan has attacked the institution of marriage and even made a mockery of it because he knows what it represents and he hates it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Hey has there been a poll or anytype of numbers are how big polygamy is?