Theistic Evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Is it wrong that I believe this? Have I sinned for believing this ?
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Re: Theistic Evolution

Post by neo-x »

Some might say you have but I don't think it's a sin to be a te. So cheers.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote:Is it wrong that I believe this? Have I sinned for believing this ?
Hi Usagi,

Personally, I think the subject of creation beliefs is a matter of conscience for a believer. If as a believer, you have studied the subject, and studied scripture, and you are fine in your own conscience that you have no problem with TE, then it's fine for you.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
UsagiTsukino wrote:Is it wrong that I believe this? Have I sinned for believing this ?
Hi Usagi,

Personally, I think the subject of creation beliefs is a matter of conscience for a believer. If as a believer, you have studied the subject, and studied scripture, and you are fine in your own conscience that you have no problem with TE, then it's fine for you.
what happened to the clowns Rick?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

neo-x wrote:
RickD wrote:
Hi Usagi,

what happened to the clowns Rick?
5 words
Super bowl. New England Patriots
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Yeah guys, the klown pic came down because the klown is in time out. I caught him wearing a Seattle Seahawks hat in the house. :shakehead:

He's not really a Seahawks fan. He was just being rebellious. The younger klown generation just doesn't get it.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

There is nothing wrong with being a TE and if people look down on you or judge you because of it then it is them that have committed a crime against God and not you. If you love God and others as yourself, then these issues are non issues. y@};-
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Thanks guys. Many think I was crazy. Many have dislike many of my views. For many there is only one denomination. For me what matters is to things

1. Jesus being accepted has your lord and savior

2. You believe in God

3. The bible is the word of God.

I try my best to love people for God has loved us. I love all my friends. I don't care if they are catholic or atheist. For me the best way to send God's message is to love them has God loves them and pray for them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I do not accept theistic evolution mainly because of a lack of evidence from science that can prove,show or demonstrate life evolves however you've never seen me insult a theistic evolutionist like they do me for believing the gap theory.

They get offended by anyone who explains why they reject theistic evolution,they take it personal like I'm judgingbthem just because I see it differently and I have given them on here a chance to give me evidencevwhybI should accept it and they just direct me to evidence I've already gone over before.I think they don't believe I have so they underestimate my knowledge about the scientific evidence life evolves.

Once understood I see way more evidence for the gap theory but I don't look at the evidence from an evolution perspective like they do and must to be a theistic evolutionist.I respectfully disagree and do not doubt any bodies salvation but I know that I have been wrong before and have had to change my perspective and I was saved.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Not only does ACB play the victim he also is trying to deceive, he has said that we are deceived, we don't believe God's word, we believe the words of men and we stretch God's word to mean what we want it too. We are to test every spirit and ACB is here with a spirit of divisiveness, be careful and read his words through all threads and you will see what I mean.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
dfnj
Recognized Member

Post by dfnj »

All words are words of God. God is the creator of all things including all our words.

What is more important? Cheerleading Jesus as your Lord and Savior of living your life according to his teachings?

Most people treat their religion like their favorite NFL football team. If you are truly a person with devout spiritual piety you show others the value of your beliefs by your example. The lack of humility about one's religion is stunning. God and Jesus are not an NFL football team. Jesus has too many fans and not enough players on the field helping people in poverty get on with their lives with just a little less misery.

Poverty in this country has doubled in the last five years from 30 million to 60 million. Taxes and government can't be too bad because every year the rich get richer and the poor become larger in numbers. I just find it stunning that the so called Christians in this country have so much ego about their religion. How can anyone argue that we have too much equality in this country at this point is just stunning to witness. Do you honestly think in your heart of hearts Jesus would cuts taxes on the rich and cut government spending for the poor and needy. If all it means to be a Christian is to proudly tote a gun, praise God and the American flag, and get teary eye over words like "Freedom" and "Democracy", then maybe I don't want to be a Christian. How anyone can claim to be a Christian and not be a pacifist is beyond me. WAR, WAR, WAR, and Jesus. Those words just don't seem to go together in my mind.

To be a Christian to me means to being anti-war and a social liberal helping workers live a better life. Tell me we have too much equality in this country and keep a straight face. Being a Christian today is laughable.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

dfnj wrote:All words are words of God. God is the creator of all things including all our words.

What is more important? Cheerleading Jesus as your Lord and Savior of living your life according to his teachings?

Most people treat their religion like their favorite NFL football team. If you are truly a person with devout spiritual piety you show others the value of your beliefs by your example. The lack of humility about one's religion is stunning. God and Jesus are not an NFL football team. Jesus has too many fans and not enough players on the field helping people in poverty get on with their lives with just a little less misery.

Poverty in this country has doubled in the last five years from 30 million to 60 million. Taxes and government can't be too bad because every year the rich get richer and the poor become larger in numbers. I just find it stunning that the so called Christians in this country have so much ego about their religion. How can anyone argue that we have too much equality in this country at this point is just stunning to witness. Do you honestly think in your heart of hearts Jesus would cuts taxes on the rich and cut government spending for the poor and needy. If all it means to be a Christian is to proudly tote a gun, praise God and the American flag, and get teary eye over words like "Freedom" and "Democracy", then maybe I don't want to be a Christian. How anyone can claim to be a Christian and not be a pacifist is beyond me. WAR, WAR, WAR, and Jesus. Those words just don't seem to go together in my mind.

To be a Christian to me means to being anti-war and a social liberal helping workers live a better life. Tell me we have too much equality in this country and keep a straight face. Being a Christian today is laughable.
dfnj,

Mind explaining how this post has anything to do with the topic?

-Edward R Murrow

MrSpock
Acquainted Member

Post by MrSpock »

UsagiTsukino wrote:Thanks guys. Many think I was crazy. Many have dislike many of my views. For many there is only one denomination. For me what matters is to things

1. Jesus being accepted has your lord and savior

2. You believe in God

3. The bible is the word of God.

I try my best to love people for God has loved us. I love all my friends. I don't care if they are catholic or atheist. For me the best way to send God's message is to love them has God loves them and pray for them.
I agree with this, but I do have one thought and I would love to read your thoughts. Do you believe adam from Genesis was a literal person?

If not, why not? Also, are you aware that Paul referenced him I believe in the book of Romans?

Anyhow, again, I'm merely asking not to make you feel guilty or take issue with your beliefs, but to merely know what you are thinking here to understand you better.

Shalom,
Spock