It’s history, not science

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: It’s history, not science

Post by PaulSacramento »

The issue is NOT that you have questions Rev, the issue is that you are not willing to listen to the answers because you have already made up your mind.
That you don't see that and try to make other out to be "unchristian" just makes it all the more clear that you are here to "preach" your gospel and to NOT simply "post questions" and "expand minds".

You accusation of me being non-christian is just that and you are more than free to have that opinion.

None of that changes the GUIDELINES of this forum.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

theophilus wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:You seem to be implying that for one to believe in God and know the TRUTH about God,one MUST believe in a young earth, yes?
No, I was pointing out that there is scientific evidence that shows the earth is younger than most people believe. This proves that there is no scientific reason to reject the Bible teaching that the earth is young.
Hi... Kind of jumping in late here.

Kind of a side note, but just to say that one can disprove an idea / hypothesis / theory, but no evidence can ever prove any of those.

So perhaps a better way to put it is that you know of some evidence that disproves
all of the science that goes into dating the earth as many millions of years old?

I saw that you linked to AIG, and mentioned dinosaur "soft tissue", but I was wondering if you had one particular item of evidence that you think is the best one to show the earth is "younger than most people think"
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
theophilus wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:You seem to be implying that for one to believe in God and know the TRUTH about God,one MUST believe in a young earth, yes?
No, I was pointing out that there is scientific evidence that shows the earth is younger than most people believe. This proves that there is no scientific reason to reject the Bible teaching that the earth is young.
Hi... Kind of jumping in late here.

Kind of a side note, but just to say that one can disprove an idea / hypothesis / theory, but no evidence can ever prove any of those.

So perhaps a better way to put it is that you know of some evidence that disproves
all of the science that goes into dating the earth as many millions of years old?

I saw that you linked to AIG, and mentioned dinosaur "soft tissue", but I was wondering if you had one particular item of evidence that you think is the best one to show the earth is "younger than most people think"
There are multiple lines of evidence that show the Earth as being very, very old, far older then YEC claim it is.
There is no evidence THAT INTERPRETED VIA SCIENCE that shows the opposite.

What does it mean "via science"? it means that the evidence must hold up against scientific critique and YEC doesn't hold up to that.
For YEC to be correct, far too many historical and geographical and cosmological issues would arise, including the basis we have for ALL dating that has been done.

Does that mean that YEC has NO CHANCE of being true?
No, it simply means that given what we KNOW NOW, it doesn't seem to be, not by a long shot.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Of course science does not do certainties, but yec looks awful unlikely.
Embedded age doesnt really improve the odds, i dont think.