Multiverse- A replacement for God

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Multiverse- A replacement for God

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Morny wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Which population? They took a poll of the whole Earth? Or are we talking about the US of A. I live in Australia so I don't really know what it is like in the states, I can only speak for my country and on a whole I would say the large majority accept most scientific discoveries. I would also like to say that it is perfectly healthy to have scepticism of all discoveries, without the sceptics the theories may never be put through their paces and we would live in an echo chamber of ideas that are probably false.
So far so good. (I'll have to re-lookup the innumerable polls I've seen.)
Danieltwotwenty wrote: Even the YEC position I think adds a good flavour to the mix, without alternate theories science would stagnate.
Here's where we diverge. Alternate theories glaringly inconsistent with evidence are unhelpful. YEC falls into this category, as well as any other alternate theory that disagrees with a finding in my list above.
That's ok we can agree to disagree. y@};- y>:D<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.