Crazy Guy - Anyone else heard of him

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
MarcusOfLycia
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Crazy Guy - Anyone else heard of him

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

The guy's name is Jonathon Keats, and he sounds like a very disturbing guy.

A friend brought him to my attention. He considers himself capable of 'creating universes', and is known for his bizarre antics. What is interesting is that he is very popular online, but it seems to me that he has very little of value to say. I just wondered if other people had heard of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Keats
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Short1
Recognized Member

Re: Crazy Guy - Anyone else heard of him

Post by Short1 »

That's strange. I don't even know what to say haha. Never heard of the guy before.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Never heard of him. Kind of just sounds like a guy who loves attention too much and is capable of finding the perfect ways to gather it.
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Ivellious wrote:Never heard of him. Kind of just sounds like a guy who loves attention too much and is capable of finding the perfect ways to gather it.
Yeah... that's what I figure, too. It just amazes me that people like this are so popular when I know far smarter 'scientists' (if that's what he calls himself) at the universities I've attended who will never be as well known and who don't make fools of themselves :(
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I'd hardly call him a scientist...a philosopher at best, a really desperate artist at worst. I hardly think anyone takes him seriously, but people like him tend to get the attention they crave, if nothing else because people want to see what he does next. The "weird" factor plus the "unexpected" factor.