question about climate change and the Bible

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: question about climate change and the Bible

Post by cslewislover »

I gave Adapted a warning and a temporary ban. All that was created was created through Christ, so if you don't believe in creation, then you can't believe in Christ. I'm not sure how that one word got through the filters here.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:I gave Adapted a warning and a temporary ban. All that was created was created through Christ, so if you don't believe in creation, then you can't believe in Christ. I'm not sure how that one word got through the filters here.
Good bye Adapted, :wave: I hope that some day you can see through the lies you have been told and find true faith in Christ, but don't expect to come on the board and just do as you please without reprimand. Most of what you said was uncalled for.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

cslewislover wrote:I gave Adapted a warning and a temporary ban. All that was created was created through Christ, so if you don't believe in creation, then you can't believe in Christ. I'm not sure how that one word got through the filters here.
CS, you know I respect you deeply, but I have to say that I was rather anticipating Adapted's response. Don't get me wrong, I knew it wouldn't have been anywhere near profund, but I always hold out hope that the atheist might produce something ... one day ... :P
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

DannyM wrote:
CS, you know I respect you deeply, but I have to say that I was rather anticipating Adapted's response. Don't get me wrong, I knew it wouldn't have been anywhere near profund, but I always hold out hope that the atheist might produce something ... one day ... :P
Oh . . . Lol, well, the ban is for seven days, so maybe they'll answer you still.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

If an atheist becomes a Christian does that fulfil your hope?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I'VE BEEN TO DENMARK! So...I know it exists!

:sleep: FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I'VE BEEN TO DENMARK! So...I know it exists!

:sleep: FL
Make that two.. I've been to Copenhagen.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Kristoffer wrote:If an atheist becomes a Christian does that fulfil your hope?
Kris, if you could identify one thing that would prevent an atheist from becoming a Christian, what would that be?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

The unknown. Also the fear thereof.
Adapter
Newbie Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Adapter »

Coincidentally, I just came across this recent article, which describes a psychological experiment demonstrating the phenomenon I mentioned in my "offensive" post.

For the record, I do believe in creation, inasmuch as God controls the universe. However, whether or not that be the case, it is a fact (to the point of it being ridiculously idiotic to attempt to refute it) that we arrived at our current form by way of evolution via non-random natural selection.

(And no, DannyM, I'm not going to do your Googling for you, or provide a list of ISBNs, or come round your house to tune your TV into a science programme. The evidence is out there, it's everywhere; the experiments and observations have been repeated and verified by many, many individuals and groups. I'd say "Go find it!" but the article has already shown why that would be less than worthwhile...)
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Adapter wrote: For the record, I do believe in creation, inasmuch as God controls the universe. However, whether or not that be the case, it is a fact (to the point of it being ridiculously idiotic to attempt to refute it) that we arrived at our current form by way of evolution via non-random natural selection.
The only slight problem with this kind of evolution, is that it make human beings the "goal", real evolution has no goal. Or maybe god has lots of Races too look after, how do we know? But things change, evolution is a process of change. As much as i could find day-age creatinism persistant, I find that evolution is a even tighter fit.(of course it doesn't explain how the universe/solar system/life actually started)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Adapter is obviously the same person as Adpated. He went against the temporary ban here, so he's permanently banned. He had also somehow gotten on to the site as Adapted after being banned. I wouldn't humor him if he shows up again, but report him instead. You could always email him if you're very interested in discussing more with him.
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

cslewislover wrote: I wouldn't humor him if he shows up again, but report him instead.
He sounded so much like a different person that i did not notice the name. I do not get why you permenantly ban though isn't there some kind of lenience, ok so on most other forums there isn't but you arent most other forums here are you? On one of my other forums if someone did such a thing the ban would of simply just been extended to a month then a year etc.(we got someone through half of a ten year ban atm :lol: )

Anyway I would be happy to report if i see anything funny.
Adaptee
Newbie Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Adaptee »

Kristoffer wrote:The only slight problem with this kind of evolution, is that it make human beings the "goal", real evolution has no goal.
We're absolutely not the goal. Why must we be so special? Human evolution is ongoing. There is evidence for this. For example, the population of Tibetans living on the Tibetan plateau has evolved (very quickly: in under 3,000 years) for life at such a high altitude. A perfect example of natural selection adapting a population to the (extreme) conditions in which they live.

By the way, it's virtually impossible to stop someone posting on a forum such as this when you have an "open" registration system. However, I assume this account will be immediately banned, and three is probably the maximum number of times I can be bothered to register here. :lol:

I guess I'll look for a less restrictive Christian forum. I kind of expected this one to be quite open-minded, considering its title: "Evidence for God from Science." Seems to me, a better title would be: "Refuting Science in Favour of Unsubstantiated Speculation."
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Adaptee wrote:
Kristoffer wrote:The only slight problem with this kind of evolution, is that it make human beings the "goal", real evolution has no goal.
We're absolutely not the goal. Why must we be so special? Human evolution is ongoing. There is evidence for this. For example, the population of Tibetans living on the Tibetan plateau has evolved (very quickly: in under 3,000 years) for life at such a high altitude. A perfect example of natural selection adapting a population to the (extreme) conditions in which they live.

By the way, it's virtually impossible to stop someone posting on a forum such as this when you have an "open" registration system. However, I assume this account will be immediately banned, and three is probably the maximum number of times I can be bothered to register here. :lol:

I guess I'll look for a less restrictive Christian forum. I kind of expected this one to be quite open-minded, considering its title: "Evidence for God from Science." Seems to me, a better title would be: "Refuting Science in Favour of Unsubstantiated Speculation."
What is this an exercise in asserting your ability to use different IP addresses? Of course there's always a way around a ban, that's rather obvious. The question is why would someone want to to be somewhere they're not wanted. We've had plenty of members who deeply disagree with us and yet have been here for a very long time. But you want to come to a private forum, be insulting, condescending, closed-minded, and not expect to be banned? You have all this time to waste to keep coming back here be my guest but here's a suggestion instead: try being nice. :roll:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.