Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by bippy123 »

Philip wrote:
Bippy: My friends are telling me to do a crowdrise fir when we lose the house , but I would rather do it for my russian friend mikhail. He is the true angel . He has to suffer every day with schizophrenia :( (Imagine living each day with the fear that a medieval executioner is going to pop out of the mirror and cut your head off).

He is my hero and when we pray together he brings me closer to God. He is my angel brother. His story is amazing as he was born an Orthodox Jew . He was quarantined with the chicken pox which made his schizophrenia even worse , and to make things worse the nursing staff mixed the wrong combo of medications which caused him to go into clinical death . He had an nde and came back a Christian .
He has a purity of heart that I can only dream about .
I see him crying sometimes when we FaceTime and he is always worried about God's judgment on atheists .
He brings out the best in me :)
You know, my friend Bip - he REALLY gets what Christianity is all about! That's because he's the REAL deal! y>:D< How much he has suffered, with his dad, his mom long in a coma, the tough situation with his recent health issues, the difficulty with his brother - and STILL, on his worst day, he's got a far better attitude and disposition than just about anyone you can meet. May God bess you, Bip! y[-o< Man, I sure don't want to see human cloning - but in your case, I'd gladly hope they could crank out as many duplicates as possible! Earth needs more Bipsters!
Philip, I'm not usually at a loss for words , but here ... Yes hehe.
Thank you my friend , you are way to kind ... And a great Christian example .
But can you imagine more then one of me ? , the medication dispensary business would be cranking out billions of dollars hehe.
Thank you again my friend
And as my bro mikhail would say "God boss you forever and ever "
:amen:
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

DRDS wrote:
Philip wrote:
Bippy: My friends are telling me to do a crowdrise fir when we lose the house , but I would rather do it for my russian friend mikhail. He is the true angel . He has to suffer every day with schizophrenia :( (Imagine living each day with the fear that a medieval executioner is going to pop out of the mirror and cut your head off).

He is my hero and when we pray together he brings me closer to God. He is my angel brother. His story is amazing as he was born an Orthodox Jew . He was quarantined with the chicken pox which made his schizophrenia even worse , and to make things worse the nursing staff mixed the wrong combo of medications which caused him to go into clinical death . He had an nde and came back a Christian .
I see him crying sometimes when we FaceTime and he is always worried about God's judgment on atheists .
You know, my friend Bip - he REALLY gets what Christianity is all about! That's because he's the REAL deal! y>:D< How much he has suffered, with his dad, his mom long in a coma, the tough situation with his recent health issues, the difficulty with his brother - and STILL, on his worst day, he's got a far better attitude and disposition than just about anyone you can meet. May God bess you, Bip! y[-o< Man, I sure don't want to see human cloning - but in your case, I'd gladly hope they could crank out as many duplicates as possible! Earth needs more Bipsters!
I second that notion he is by far one of the kindest human beings I have ever met or ever will meet in this life. I may well have given up on living if it wasn't for his kindness, dedication and encouragement. I hope his reward in heaven is one of the greatest among fellow believers because to me, he deserves such a reward for him just being who he is. May God bless him now and for eternity!
Hey bro, remember what I said about work bing holy ? Your my living example of that saying bro .
It is the tenacity at holding strong to your health that also helped me to fight during my darkest moments . God put u into my life bro at the right time .
God bless you bro , and one day we will be sampling some if the best pizza in heaven ...., with Dolly Parton of course :mrgreen:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

bippy123 wrote:
Philip wrote:

But can you imagine more then one of me ? , the medication dispensary business would be cranking out billions of dollars hehe.
The world would be a better place if there were more people like you bips.
Your generosity of spirit, your kindness, your humbleness and the amount of work you have put into the shroud is quite simply astounding.
Just reading your posts lifts my spirits.
I think you are a wonderful example.

I think PTC`s idea is a great idea, maybe not right now, but when things settle down?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Here, here about Bibby !
All the hard work he has done on this thread alone makes him, IMO, one of the top Christian apologists of our time in terms of christian artifact research.
I can honestly say that it was due to him and this thread that I believe the Shroud of Turin to be the burial cloth of Our Lord.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Agreed :)

I knew next to nothing about the shroud before reading his thread. It is one of, if not the favourite thread of mine on here.

Is there any way of contacting someone in the know about his thread, there is just so much detailed research gone into it.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
Philip wrote:

The world would be a better place if there were more people like you bips.
Your generosity of spirit, your kindness, your humbleness and the amount of work you have put into the shroud is quite simply astounding.
Just reading your posts lifts my spirits.
I think you are a wonderful example.

I think PTC`s idea is a great idea, maybe not right now, but when things settle down?
Thanks Annette , I'm just glad the good lord found a purpose for this neurotic guy and I'm glad he can use me to lift your spirits as well. Just remember Annette , Christ brought you here in a very unique way , he reached to you from within :).
This is where true faith starts at :)
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:Here, here about Bibby !
All the hard work he has done on this thread alone makes him, IMO, one of the top Christian apologists of our time in terms of christian artifact research.
I can honestly say that it was due to him and this thread that I believe the Shroud of Turin to be the burial cloth of Our Lord.
Paul , it is Christ that guides us all . I never knew that when I made my first post here that I would be here all this time , thank you so much my friend for being patient with me . I can sometimes be all over the place :mrgreen:
Your all like family to me
God bless you all
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:Agreed :)

I knew next to nothing about the shroud before reading his thread. It is one of, if not the favourite thread of mine on here.

Is there any way of contacting someone in the know about his thread, there is just so much detailed research gone into it.
Annette , if you wanna know even more about the shroud , stephen Jones's shroud blog is the place to go . Our thread here pales in comparison to his blog . I consider him to be sort of my mentor . I learned most of what I know about the shroud from researching his blog .
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Heading over there right now!

y@};-
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

How many people who first posted here on the shroud, dismissing it, changed their minds over time?
10 years ago, I dismissed it. Now, well... it's rather difficult to.

And then why press in to continue dismissing it any way? That a man named Jesus lived and died is not miraculous.
That He is God, rose from the dead and the like is, but that's not what the shroud necessarily represents.

It seems many non-Christians don't just demand extraordinary evidence for extraordinary claims,
but rather demand extraordinary evidence for any Christian claims whether or not extraordinary.
If we were talking about some wrapping or the like of Alexander the Great, I doubt such resistance would be there.

For Christianity to survive in a climate of such extreme bias and skepticism against it, well such is quite something to me.
Kudos to students who see the truth of a rational Christianity through today's unfair and blinded intellectual bias.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I dismiss the shroud. I've never read the thread, nor studied the subject, but I dismiss it anyways. My name is Kenny. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

RickD wrote:I dismiss the shroud. I've never read the thread, nor studied the subject, but I dismiss it anyways. My name is Kenny. :mrgreen:
Kenny has already made up his mind Rick, how dare you commit blasphemy by having him look at the evidence . HOW DARE YOU :mrgreen:
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:Heading over there right now!

y@};-
Annette if you think I'm fierce in defending the authenticity of the shroud I'm a tamed little kitten compared to stephen.
I'm sure glad stephen is on our side :amen: y@};-
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Krinkov wrote:How many people who first posted here on the shroud, dismissing it, changed their minds over time?
10 years ago, I dismissed it. Now, well... it's rather difficult to.

And then why press in to continue dismissing it any way? That a man named Jesus lived and died is not miraculous.
That He is God, rose from the dead and the like is, but that's not what the shroud necessarily represents.

It seems many non-Christians don't just demand extraordinary evidence for extraordinary claims,
but rather demand extraordinary evidence for any Christian claims whether or not extraordinary.
If we were talking about some wrapping or the like of Alexander the Great, I doubt such resistance would be there.

For Christianity to survive in a climate of such extreme bias and skepticism against it, well such is quite something to me.
Kudos to students who see the truth of a rational Christianity through today's unfair and blinded intellectual bias.
Krinkov, amazing isn't it. In China you can be assassinated for having a bible study in your own home. Wow do I admire those christian martyrs there.
It makes me appreciated what I have here.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Kurieuo wrote:And then why press in to continue dismissing it any way? That a man named Jesus lived and died is not miraculous.
Actually yes it does. The collapse theory is one of the most compelling pieces of evidence not only that the man buried in the shroud was crucified, but also that he rose out of the shroud without unfurling it (hence the top portion collapsed on the bottom portion and left its identifying marks). That is direct evidence for a resurrection. Now unless someone wants to argue it could have been someone else other than Jesus that actually rose from the dead ... But even at that, the point will have been conceded anyway.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.