Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:I think our bips should write a book on all his studies of the shroud. I'd buy it :)
Why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free?

This thread is free milk. y3:-O
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It's just that most people who have already written off the Shroud per common media disinformation they have absorbed, they just aren't likely to wade through tons of posts to dig down for their specific questions. That's why I suggested the "Guide to False Assertions About The Shroud." Why not make the facts far more accessible, and in a user-friendly way? Bip has already done all of the works in his copious posts - why not just index the best of them to refute specific false contentions. You think the carbon 14 tests have refuted its authenticity?: BAM! Link/facts, authoritative sources, next issue! Etc.

Also, at the top of the thread, I would bullet point the astonishing established attributes - many are never noted in various media. Really, Bippy could make this into a worldwide resource. And just think how many off-the-page links, placed on key sites, would bring unbelievers to G&S.org. Hana might be able to help establish a links strategy, with such a thing. G&S should be far greater known!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, per your newest avatar: as a person with Scots blood myself, I think the flag design needs a bit of an update - looks like a logo for the tic-tac-toe association :roll: .
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, per your newest avatar: as a person with Scots blood myself, I think the flag design needs a bit of an update - looks like a logo for the tic-tac-toe association :roll: .
I like it the way it is. I think it's the oldest national flag in Europe.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Philip wrote:
Rick, per your newest avatar: as a person with Scots blood myself, I think the flag design needs a bit of an update - looks like a logo for the tic-tac-toe association :roll: .

Rick: I like it the way it is. I think it's the oldest national flag in Europe.
Well, it IS an great improvement over that huge grin of Pongo's! :pound:
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

ptc wrote:
Also, at the top of the thread, I would bullet point the astonishing established attributes - many are never noted in various media. Really, Bippy could make this into a worldwide resource. And just think how many off-the-page links, placed on key sites, would bring unbelievers to G&S.org. Hana might be able to help establish a links strategy, with such a thing. G&S should be far greater known!
I absolutely think you're on to something here paul ... bippy, if you could explore this it would be a tremendous magnet of resources to be found no where else and truly might enlighten more to God. Is this a possible call to discipleship ?
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Maybe there should be a bippy fund? ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
ptc wrote:
I absolutely think you're on to something here paul ... bippy, if you could explore this it would be a tremendous magnet of resources to be found no where else and truly might enlighten more to God. Is this a possible call to discipleship ?
Bippy isn't called to discipleship. He's too busy kissing playboy models. y:x

-Edward R Murrow

bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Philip wrote:Rick, per your newest avatar: as a person with Scots blood myself, I think the flag design needs a bit of an update - looks like a logo for the tic-tac-toe association :roll: .
I have always felt Scottish even though I'm lebanese American. I can't go a day without hearing the pips :)
But my favorite song is Loch Lomond performed by the Scottish group runrig

http://youtu.be/pzQ1pNfbe3Q

My mom would try to get me to listen to lebanese music and find me in my room listening to the bagpipes lol. :mrgreen:

She is still wondering if somewhere down our lineage there was some Scottish ancestry lol.
Dad would just shake his head and tell mom "don't even try to understand him , he's out there "

Might also want to listen to some mairead nesbitt from celtic woman
http://youtu.be/z-ttrQ38mOc
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I think our bips should write a book on all his studies of the shroud. I'd buy it :)
Why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free?

This thread is free milk. y3:-O
And it will never pass the expiration date :mrgreen:
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

RickD wrote:
ptc wrote:
Bippy isn't called to discipleship. He's too busy kissing playboy models. y:x
:pound:
Rick , when I get married , how will I ever explain that one to my kids lol
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

ptc wrote:
Essential I wish I had that time , but we might be losing our home soon and right now it's survival mode foe me :(
Wish I had the time in the future to team up with a non OCD person that could handle my erratic posting style .
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Krinkov wrote:Maybe there should be a bippy fund? ;)
My friends are telling me to do a crowdrise fir when we lose the house , but I would rather do it for my russian friend mikhail. He is the true angel . He has to suffer every day with schizophrenia :(
Imagine living each day with the fear that a medieval executioner is going to pop out of the mirror and cut your head off .

He is my hero and when we pray together he brings me closer to God
He is my angel brother .
His story is amazing as he was born an Orthodox Jew . He was quarantined with the chicken pox which made his schizophrenia even worse , and to make things worse the nursing staff mixed the wrong combo of medications which caused him to go into clinical death . He had an nde and came back a Christian .
He has a purity of heart that I can only dream about .
I see him crying sometimes when we FaceTime and he is always worried about God's judgment on atheists .
He brings out the best in me :)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Bippy: My friends are telling me to do a crowdrise fir when we lose the house , but I would rather do it for my russian friend mikhail. He is the true angel . He has to suffer every day with schizophrenia :( (Imagine living each day with the fear that a medieval executioner is going to pop out of the mirror and cut your head off).

He is my hero and when we pray together he brings me closer to God. He is my angel brother. His story is amazing as he was born an Orthodox Jew . He was quarantined with the chicken pox which made his schizophrenia even worse , and to make things worse the nursing staff mixed the wrong combo of medications which caused him to go into clinical death . He had an nde and came back a Christian .
I see him crying sometimes when we FaceTime and he is always worried about God's judgment on atheists .
You know, my friend Bip - he REALLY gets what Christianity is all about! That's because he's the REAL deal! y>:D< How much he has suffered, with his dad, his mom long in a coma, the tough situation with his recent health issues, the difficulty with his brother - and STILL, on his worst day, he's got a far better attitude and disposition than just about anyone you can meet. May God bess you, Bip! y[-o< Man, I sure don't want to see human cloning - but in your case, I'd gladly hope they could crank out as many duplicates as possible! Earth needs more Bipsters!
DRDS
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by DRDS »

Philip wrote:
Bippy: My friends are telling me to do a crowdrise fir when we lose the house , but I would rather do it for my russian friend mikhail. He is the true angel . He has to suffer every day with schizophrenia :( (Imagine living each day with the fear that a medieval executioner is going to pop out of the mirror and cut your head off).

He is my hero and when we pray together he brings me closer to God. He is my angel brother. His story is amazing as he was born an Orthodox Jew . He was quarantined with the chicken pox which made his schizophrenia even worse , and to make things worse the nursing staff mixed the wrong combo of medications which caused him to go into clinical death . He had an nde and came back a Christian .
You know, my friend Bip - he REALLY gets what Christianity is all about! That's because he's the REAL deal! y>:D< How much he has suffered, with his dad, his mom long in a coma, the tough situation with his recent health issues, the difficulty with his brother - and STILL, on his worst day, he's got a far better attitude and disposition than just about anyone you can meet. May God bess you, Bip! y[-o< Man, I sure don't want to see human cloning - but in your case, I'd gladly hope they could crank out as many duplicates as possible! Earth needs more Bipsters!
I second that notion he is by far one of the kindest human beings I have ever met or ever will meet in this life. I may well have given up on living if it wasn't for his kindness, dedication and encouragement. I hope his reward in heaven is one of the greatest among fellow believers because to me, he deserves such a reward for him just being who he is. May God bless him now and for eternity!