William Lane Craig (theist) vs Austin Dacey (atheist)

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:What are his other arguments he uses?
Just take a look at his debates that I linked to...
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Kurieuo wrote: :lol: I don't think so... Jimmy was mainly concerned with theology and focused largely on specifically discrediting Christianity and Scripture. Ipazia was familiar with physics so probably could have possibly caused a bit of doubt regarding Craig's "big bang" argument, but then I believe Dacey did this effectively enough. I sincerely doubt both would not be as equipped philosophically nor as qualified as Dacey.

I should remind you, that Craig is a veteran debater, and has much knowledge and experience. There are many well respected opponents who "the other side" (that is, non-Christian/Athiest side) choose. These discussions aren't rigged in Craig's favour by picking out someone easy for him to debate. And I think any lack of persausive arguing on Dacey's part does not come down to his lack of skills, but rather I think it is simply because Theism is so much more consistent and rationally grounded than Atheism. Now it still could be that the quality of Craig's opponents (and Dacey "may" be a poor opponent like you believe), but once one sees Craig win against well-respected opponents time after time, my feeling grows more and more that it is simply the Atheistic worldview that is lacking and not his opponents.

Kurieuo
I can accept that...

I still wish I had been there to rip Dacey a new one with his "birth canal" bit.

It was a good listen though.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Kurieuo wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:What are his other arguments he uses?
Just take a look at his debates that I linked to...
You mean I have to do something for myself?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
aa118816
Recognized Member

Good Showing?

Post by aa118816 »

I think the reason that a lot of people thought that this was a good showing was that Craig trounces everyone very badly. Does anyone have a link to his debate with the Bishop about the Resurrection? I heard he just crucified the guy...

Dan
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I second that-give links or die! MREAHAHAH
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous