Adam and Eve

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 168 times

Re: Adam and Eve

Post by abelcainsbrother » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Philip wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:40 am
Rick: Please don't ask him to do this. All the verses he's posted supposedly supporting the Gap theory, have already been refuted.
My point is, the key word - that all of those verses about the Trinity "CLEARLY" reveal - without any supposed revelations or reading it into the texts. NO, Abe, we know the verses you've used. But unless you have some that clearly reveal this, then that's my point - a massive amount of verses obvious in their support of a theological belief, though not actually using a word (Trinity) vs. ones you assert that have no reference whatsoever to GT.
If we can put all of them verses together and understand the trinity is true we can do it for the Gap theory too.As I've often said the bible is like a big jigsaw puzzle and the more pieces of the puzzle we have the more clearly we can see. Yet when I try to do the same thing with the Gap Theory ,using the bible the same way we do for the trinity in showing it to be revealed true suddenly we no longer think this way.I was not trying to derail this thread I just thought it was an interesting discussion and wanted to give a Gap Theory answer to consider. If I did like you want and gave all of the scriptures that reveal the Gap Theory like you did for the trinity it would derail this thread. I have no problem defending and teaching the Gap Theory from a biblical perspective but I'm not sure this is the thread to do it. Ask these questions in a Gap Theory thread,etc and I'll do my best to answer when I can.Also, I have only ever tried to use the bible to teach and defend the Gap Theory on here. I've never really got into scientific evidence for it being true and so I explained from a scientific perspective why the Gap Theory is true,this time. I have thought about getting into the scientific evidence the Gap Theory is true,but I have'nt that much.It has mostly been me just using the bible to defend it or teach it. The scientific evidence matters too just like with the other creation interpretations out there.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Post by UsagiTsukino » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 pm

But what does it mean they understood the knowledge of Good and Evil? Did they not know what was good or bad? I mean if anything is the nakedness a symbol? We have found a few pre-modern humans with clothes on in their artwork.

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by DBowling » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:28 pm

UsagiTsukino wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 pm
But what does it mean they understood the knowledge of Good and Evil? Did they not know what was good or bad?
If we take the term "knowledge of good and evil" at face value that is the way I understand it.

Whatever the knowledge of good and evil is, Adam and Eve did not have that knowledge until after they sinned.

I associate the "knowledge of good and evil" in Genesis 3 with two other passages.
James 4:17
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

Romans 2:14-15
Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.