Should Neanderthals be called their own species or a subspecies of Homo Sapiens?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Should Neanderthals be called their own species or a subspecies of Homo Sapiens?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I will try to give my perspective from both a biblical and scientific perspective.

I have already explained how I know there were pre-Adamits races before man already,so I won't explain that again.You can review.But based on the bible man is a unique and new creation,despite the fact there were homnids and Cro-Magnons.
Based on the bible Adam and his lineage began as tillers of the soil and herdsmen after the fall of Adam.The first indication of hunting does not appear until after Noah's flood.If the Paleoclimate data is valid and the biblical timeline of Adam and modern man is valid,we must conclude it was not the descendants of Adam and Eve who hunted the now extinct Mammoths.Those who did so were a race of manlike beings which were on the earth before Adam and Eve - The pre-Adamite race of hoiminds not made in the "image of God"So then in whose image were they made?

With DNA testing the supporting proof for this is coming to light much to the consternation of evolutionary uniformitarianism school of human origins. For example,DNA testing of Neanderthal remains clearly shows that modern man is not descended from the Neanderthal.The DNA from three different sets of Neanderthal remains showed that there is no genetic link between modern man and the Neanderthal. Plus Neanderthal skull characteristics further confirm this. Keep in mind that these scientists are looking at it from an evolution perspective and it forced them to statt looking back even further in the fossil record to try to find a common ancestor or missing link branch from the primates.They won't find it.

Then there is Cro-magnon "anatomically modern human" found in Australia and has revealed that it was atleast 60,000 years old and had a mitochondrial DNA gentic marker that is now extinct.So that nobody is descended from that particular line of beings,atleast on the female side.

Although there have been found in the DNA of some of the earth's modern human populstion,this does not prove conclusively that Neanderthal and modern man mated sometime in the past.There is another plausible biblical explanation and how in the bible angels always appeared to man as men and we know fallen angels produced hybrid giant off-spring - Giants - in Genesis 6. So there is biblical reasons to know that the powers of darkness understand something about genetics in order to be able to produce these hybrids. There are other biblical examples that back this up too,but I digress. And so angels were probably up to their same evil deeds in the former world too.

Evolutionary mainline science still cannot provide a fully satisfactory answer to the origins of modern man.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Should Neanderthals be called their own species or a subspecies of Homo Sapiens?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Mammoths died out 4000 years ago in north Siberia. Some of those mammoths were hunted by human beings, everyone on here agrees to that since Adam and Eve, and Noah, had to live at least 7000 years ago bc of Egyptian civilization first started about that time.
I had to edit my last sentence bc of syntax.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Mammoths died out 4000 years ago in north Siberia. Some of those mammoths were hunted by human beings, everyone on here agrees to that since Adam and Eve, and Noah, had to live at least 7000 years ago bc of Egyptian civilization first started about that time.
Just to clarify my position...
I believe Adam and Eve lived around 7000 years ago (5000 to 6000 BC)
But I believe that Noah lived around 3000 BC which would only be 5000 years ago.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Mammoths died out 4000 years ago in north Siberia. Some of those mammoths were hunted by human beings, everyone on here agrees to that since Adam and Eve, and Noah, had to live at least 7000 years ago bc of Egyptian civilization first started about that time.
I had to edit my last sentence bc of syntax.

I place mammoths in the "world that then was" though,Mastadons also.There is no reason to think Mammoths died out in Noah's flood as God would have had Noah put two on the ark,just like with elephants.This idea that dinosaurs died out in Noah's flood is loony to me too,same thing,God would have had two on the ark with Noah.Also I accept Ussher's chronology that takes us back to Adam and Eve anyway.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Dbowling and ACB, thanks for showing your postition on this. Everyone has their own version of what happened back then. It's not like when did mammoths live or were Neanderthals truly human is a salvation issue, though we can learn from one another.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

#WWND
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:#WWND
Probably simply wonder why their descendants are on a forum talking about them, instead of doing things related to survival like "hunting" for money or working out. And ask questions about this new technology, if we are able to achieve time travel that is.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Homo Sapiens sounds like a gay slur. Homo Erectus - I won't even go there! :lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Homo Erectus - I won't even go there! :lol:
I think that was the name of a video I watched in high school sex ed.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

RickD wrote:
Homo Erectus - I won't even go there! :lol:
I think that was the name of a video I watched in high school sex ed.
:lol:

Hope there wasn't a quiz afterward. :shock:
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote:Homo Sapiens sounds like a gay slur. Homo Erectus - I won't even go there! :lol:
How about Homo Habilis...
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

species name is not capitalized
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Audie: species name is not capitalized
I never thought about that. y:-?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:species name is not capitalized
Where's your capital at the beginning of your sentence, and your period at the end?

-Edward R Murrow