Strange evolution/climate change propaganda article

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Strange evolution/climate change propaganda article

Post by cubeus19 »

http://news.yahoo.com/scientist-evoluti ... 52505.html

The article claims that "the evolution debate will soon be history". 8-}2

Thinking that there was some chance they could be developing man/ape hybrids or something that they will revel to the public, I decided to read on but as I got closer to the end of the article I saw that the article was more about climate change and how man will go extinct really soon. And not to worry, there was little to no evidence for evolution mentioned in the entire article.

But it does show how today's scientific secular elite want to force everyone into this herd mentality to just accept things like evolution and catastrophic man made climate change or face punishment.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Strange evolution/climate change propaganda article

Post by Ivellious »

First of all, I have no idea how you got "man will go extinct" out of the article. Climate and environmental change is briefly mentioned, because that's part of what this scientist is interested.
But it does show how today's scientific secular elite want to force everyone into this herd mentality to just accept things like evolution and catastrophic man made climate change or face punishment.
The extreme irony in this statement is that it applies to religious people as much as anyone, probably more.

"But it does show how today's religious elite want to force everyone into this herd mentality to just accept things like the Bible or face punishment."
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

cubeus19 wrote:The article claims that "the evolution debate will soon be history". ...
The article is the opinion of one person who may be an expert in his area but clearly knows little about human behavior. If the present day evidence for evolution has failed to convince some people, no amount of future evidence will change the minds of the vast majority of them. [That is supported by the use of "elite" as a disparaging term.]
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Ivellious wrote:First of all, I have no idea how you got "man will go extinct" out of the article. Climate and environmental change is briefly mentioned, because that's part of what this scientist is interested.
The extreme irony in this statement is that it applies to religious people as much as anyone, probably more.

"But it does show how today's religious elite want to force everyone into this herd mentality to just accept things like the Bible or face punishment."
The same could be said nonreligious people that will accept the opinions of a group of scientists that are backed by an ideological agenda. For me I never had a problem being a Christian and an evolutionist. The move away from macroevolution came for me because the evidence isnt as rock solid as the groupies make it out to be.

Its no coincidence that this article was done about an atheist and shown on yahoo. WE all know how unbias yahoo is towards conservatives and religious people in general :mrgreen: