Giving thanks to GOD, why it's important?

Bible Studies
ganaa
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Giving thanks to GOD, why it's important?

Post by ganaa »

Yesterday, Last Sunday service of year 2016, shared some versus from Luke

Point of sharing is; explaining about importance of thanks to GOD for people who came in fellowship.

I came in this Gobi Desert on 2013 and spent 3 years already. Yesterday until lunch time, collected pictures which were taken since 2012 and sorted them in different folders "personal, work related, nature, spiritual, hobby,.. etc." Then after arranged them, seeing back pictures in the folder "personal". Such a beautiful kids and life.. seems like pictures shown me that my history ... 2 little boys are playing then sudden added another little daughter. Month by month,they are growing fast and i just feel much love when I see those pictures .. Then I thought, How many times I thanked to GOD? like how many times I asked things from GOD. Lord answered me for all my prays. But I did not reply for what He did for me...

Really do we need to thank to GOD for everything? ... Does GOD want it? Then read some versus from Bible and found the answer for above question.

as Scripture says in Luke 17: 11-17 "Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy"
11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”
14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.
15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

If we carefully read those versus we could understand 3 things.,

1. in Luke 17:12, ten men who leprosy, they just waited for Jesus. They didn't do another things or they did not find out another man who seems to showed to them a mercy and salvation. They are exactly waited for there Jesus. - It means they all have the faith..

2. in Luke 17:13, They all together asked His mercy, healing and salvation. - like we did,..

3. in Luke 17:14, Jesus told them, "Go, show yourselves to the Priests". Jesus just said His word. because men who had this kind of disease leprosy, for them it's impossible to direct go the priest for showing his body.

If we read Leviticus 13:45-46 “45 Anyone with such a defiling disease must wear torn clothes, let their hair be unkempt, cover the lower part of their face and cry out, ‘Unclean! Unclean!’ As long as they have the disease they remain unclean. They must live alone; they must live outside the camp. Also in Leviticus 14:19-22 19 “Then the priest is to sacrifice the sin offering and make atonement for the one to be cleansed from their uncleanness. After that, the priest shall slaughter the burnt offering 20 and offer it on the altar, together with the grain offering, and make atonement for them, and they will be clean. 21 “If, however, they are poor and cannot afford these, they must take one male lamb as a guilt offering to be waved to make atonement for them, together with a tenth of an ephah[e] of the finest flour mixed with olive oil for a grain offering, a log of oil, 22 and two doves or two young pigeons, such as they can afford, one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering.

Law already said, if you have disease, must live outside the camp. But Jesus said to them, just go, show yourselves to the priest like they are already healed. So Interesting? They were obedient and followed what Jesus did. Now we knew they had faith and they know how to be obedient.. 2 things - Faith & Obedience. 3rd thing is most important part of those versus and let's continue,.

4. in Luke 17:15-16 One Samaritan showed himself & was healed, just back to Jesus, praising in GOD by his voice loudly. He did not say only "Thank you Jesus" or "official appreciation". He thanked to GOD what he could do that time. Hallelujah!. Basically there was 10 people, 9 of the Judea and only one of them Samaritan. Where are other 9 Judea men ? Did they not know about how thank to GOD? what we can understand from those 9 Judea men. This is "Habit". Your believe, Your trust will not being like a habits or ritual. Thanking to GOD, it's impossible to compare with follow habits. Sometimes habits chain people. Relation between man and GOD, it's just a like relationship between a boy and his dad. Not through any laws, rules, procedures and habits..

5. in Luke 17:17-19, Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

- Here is our answer to the questions in the "Giving thanks to GOD, why it's important?" Having Faith & Obedience, it's good but after all of it, do not forget to say & give thanks to GOD.

Yeah, LORD, Thank you for remembering me why we need to giving thanks to Your Mercy and Salvation. Father, all I have is Yours. Thank You for everything. Thank you for my family and my life. I'll thank everyday to You. Amen.
Last edited by ganaa on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter where we live, we all same in front of GOD.
But our faith will define how strong we're shining...
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Giving thanks to GOD, why it's important?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Amen ganaa! We do need to give thanks to God.
Calling Dr Luke. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-I40BoaIdo
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I thought it was to cheer Him up if he's having a bad day. Nobody wants another Flood or something, ya know?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

I used to think rain was Gods tears.
Thats why I would dance in the rain.
To give Him something happy.

Maybe we should all dance more, in the rain.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:I used to think rain was Gods tears.

You need to be careful. Some of you may melt.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Maybe we should all dance more, in the rain. :twodancing:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:

You need to be careful. Some of you may melt.
*waves her magic wand around in the air*

Somewhere in the world someone says...
"Wow! That is the best thing since sliced....sliced......"

And the saying could be said no more :shakehead:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

God 'cries' at the most inconvenient times :econfused:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Guess what?

Its been raining :)
So I danced.

I know its not really God crying but, still, its delicious on my eyelids.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Guess what?

Its been raining :)
So I danced.

I know its not really God crying but, still, its delicious on my eyelids.
Of course it's God crying. Just like thunder is God bowling. And snow is the Angels' dandruff.

Come on people! We learned this stuff when we were children!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Of course it's God crying. Just like thunder is God bowling. And snow is the Angels' dandruff.
Come on people! We learned this stuff when we were children!
:ebiggrin: : :twodancing: :mom: :roses: :dancing:
Matthew 19:14
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
well, buck's got to stop somewhere :D might as well be with God ... :good:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine