Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Bible Study, Genesis Chapters 1-3

Post by 1over137 »

I think I see what you wrote above.

My problem is mainly verse 4 and 5 if read this way:
God called the wisdom wisdom and the plans he called plans. And there was planning and there was carrying out the plans, one knowledge.

One knowledge? Originally there is one day at the end of verse 5. Cannot wrap my head around this.
And in verse 4: he called wisdom wisdom and plans he called plans. This also does not make sense for me now.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1over137 wrote:I think I see what you wrote above.

My problem is mainly verse 4 and 5 if read this way:
God called the wisdom wisdom and the plans he called plans. And there was planning and there was carrying out the plans, one knowledge.

One knowledge? Originally there is one day at the end of verse 5. Cannot wrap my head around this.
And in verse 4: he called wisdom wisdom and plans he called plans. This also does not make sense for me now.
Well, what happens when you write down a basic physics equation such as: W = m g wrongly as W + m g and then apply it to a standard velocity equation?

Answer, You have to correct it...

Try this:

Gen 1:2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness (representing God's preparing/prep work using what is in Proverbs 3:19,20) was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving (brooding/stirring) over the surface of the waters.

Gen 1:3 Then God said, "Let there be light" (the actions that manifest/build using what is in Proverbs 3:19,20); and there was light.

Gen 1:4 God saw that the light (the actions that manifest/build from Proverbs 3:19,20) was good; and God separated the light (the actions that manifest/build off of Proverbs 3:19,20) from the darkness (preparing/prep work phase of Proverbs 3:19,20).

Gen 1:5 God called the light day (the actions that manifest/build off of all of Proverbs 3:19,20), and the darkness He called night (God's preparing/prep work using all of Proverbs 3:19,20). And there was evening (Phase one of God's preparing/prep work involving Proverbs 3:19,20) and there was morning (full manifestation/disclosing phase), one day. (A completed cycle that involves God's own preparing/prep work phase and His full manifestation/disclosing phase makes one day of creation) NASB

It is not a wisdom-wisdom and plans-plans equals knowledge sort of linear thing but rather:

A combined Preparatory Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge phase first, then secondly, a combined Wisdom, Understanding action phase that builds so that the full united Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge of God is completed to make one whole creation day.

Another way to think of it is like this:

Think of the Trinity involved in creation. God's full one essence has all Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, likewise the Son does actions of this same Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, and the Holy Spirit establishes the same Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge by finalizing unity to the purposes of God the Father's same Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge.

Now that is a tongue twister...

However, I hope you see that God's Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge comes about in cycles that express differing actions of Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge not divided separately but as unity grouping just as Proverbs 3:19-20 mentions:

The LORD by wisdom (skill, technical abilities, shaping things, doing task with intelligence involved) founded the earth, By understanding He (acts of wisdom/knowledge that continues to keep the house) established the heavens. 20 By His knowledge (functional deep expertise) the deeps were broken up And the skies drip with dew. NASB

Try to think of these three things (Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge) as belonging in one group that prepares. Then add another group that builds off what is prepared in order to bring unity stability, In others words, the two become one - principle is at work here and in this case bringing together the will of God's Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge...to full fruition.

An interesting take on Proverbs that might help you grasp this is reading Pro 3:19-20 this way:

YHWH by (wisdom's-understanding-knowledge - of the Son John 1:1-3) founded the earth, By (understanding-knowledge-wisdom - of the Holy Spirit Psa 33:6, Psa 104:30 Job 26:13) He established the heavens. 20 By His (knowledge, wisdom, understanding of the Father Jer 32:17. Isa 45:18) the deeps were broken up And the skies drip with dew.

The bible teaches that all the Trinity of God's oneness' was involved in creation.

Just do not think of linear progression of wisdom, plans, then knowledge as one will write the wrong equation...

Hope this makes a wee bit more sense...

Or his analogy may help: A Builder owned a piece of land. One evening he made plans to build a building on this land. So during the early night he had all the equipment and supplies delivered to the sight, so that by late night till dawn the heavy equipment prepared the land and the underground utility lines dug were all completed so that by dawn, the rest of the building could be built in the light of day.

This same principle is seen in the creation days... look again.

You had the right idea but used a + sign in your equation instead of = sign...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Ok, now I see how you want to read Gen 1:5. Now I need to get back to your all posts to see what allows this reading (if it is allowed).
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1over137 wrote:Ok, now I see how you want to read Gen 1:5. Now I need to get back to your all posts to see what allows this reading (if it is allowed).
Intro

I am exploring parts Jewish method of study in this lesson on Genesis. If one decides to look into the Jewish Exegesis styles of studying the scriptures and the book of Genesis, he or she will find them debating and discussing things as we do concerning the length of the creation days, grammar, word meanings, and support for Jewish version of the GAP theory.

What I like to point out is how the ancient Jews used different approaches in biblical exegesis and developed in rabbinic Judaism's P.R.D.S method. If one chooses to look into these, be forewarned, these methods can be more confusing than ours due to bias against Jesus and Christian interpretative methods as they refuse to see Jesus even when the text plainly tells of Jesus and who he is.

Here is a quote from Wiki concerning Jewish Exegesis of their P.R.D.S methods - not the best but it does give a good overview:
Pardes refers to (types of) approaches to biblical exegesis in rabbinic Judaism or to interpretation of text in Torah study. The term, sometimes also spelled PaRDeS, is an acronym formed from the name initials of the following four approaches:

Peshat (פְּשָׁט) — "surface" ("straight") or the literal (direct) meaning.

Remez (רֶמֶז) — "hints" or the deep (allegoric: hidden or symbolic) meaning beyond just the literal sense.

Derash (דְּרַשׁ) — from Hebrew darash: "inquire" ("seek") — the comparative (midrashic) meaning, as given through similar occurrences.

Sod (סוֹד) (pronounced with a long O as in 'sore') — "secret" ("mystery") or the esoteric/mystical meaning, as given through inspiration or revelation.

Each type of Pardes interpretation examines the extended meaning of a text. As a general rule, the extended meaning never contradicts the base meaning. The Peshat means the plain or contextual meaning of the text. Remez is the allegorical meaning. Derash includes the metaphorical meaning, and Sod represents the hidden meaning. There is often considerable overlap, for example when legal understandings of a verse are influenced by mystical interpretations or when a "hint" is determined by comparing a word with other instances of the same word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardes_(Jewish_exegesis)
Note on Layer meanings of the text

With this as a base to help reader gain an idea into what is being said about layered meanings let me borrow terms from Pardes method and nothing more other than terms so folks can follow several points covered so far in this discussion:

The extended PARDES meaning never contradicts the narrative context of biblical text and in this case the noted as the Peshat. So here is a list…

1- Preshat - The Peshat for involves or the literal (direct) narrative meaning of a set of bible text and notes things like context, grammar, word meanings, etc

2- Remez- Like it or not, there are the Remez allegorical meanings in a bible text, this is a valid method as well as one folks can overuse and get wacky ideas from, General rule here is keep it simple by following the narrative Peshat and avoid the weird.

3- Derash - Next, there is the Derash metaphorical meaning which looks at symbols, signs,words, numbers, colors, name meaning, that are repeated in a text. For example the Hebrew Otiot Lamed's pictograph is of a Shepherd staff and attached to its metaphor definition it means: Staff from one in control to goad, lead, direct animals or people toward the goal of the holder of the staff. Now re-read Psalms 23:1-6 and note the Lamed meaning within the text. That is one way how this method is used.

4- Sod - Lastly there is the Sod method which looks for the hidden meanings within the text use of symbols, signs, words, numbers, colors , name meanings etc. In the Jewish school here is what I say to stay away from - Jewish Mysticism use of Sod. That method holds much anti-Jesus and anti-christian bias as well gets into the Jewish Kabbalah. I suggest strongly to stay away from this form of Jewish thought. It does not have the Holy Spirit guidance involved but rather only man's ideas...

However this method of examining hidden meanings of the Sod approach is valid as directed by the Holy Spirit. In fact Christians report of this happening when seeking an answer in prayer about a matter and later on while studying the bible a verse comes alive to them that provides their answer and direction in a profoundly true way, in an appropriate Sod way. The Holy Spirit is guiding them through the word. Also the Holy Spirit will instruct/teach us and reveal truths from the scriptures that testify about Jesus in a unique manner through symbols of Hebrew Otiot, signs, words, numbers, colors, name meanings, etc, that blend with the Peshat, Remez, and Derash methods. I would say, this is the correct form of this method.

All these methods follow the narrative of a bible text in ways that astound and prove beyond all doubt that the bible is divinely inspired as no human being could have put the bible together like this. In other words, God's finger prints are all over the bibles' pages. This also tosses out the notion that the bible cannot be trusted or it is an old worthless book or just written by man for control purposes, etc and etc are dispelled.

Purpose for this style of learning

The Jewish method's described here only serve to let Christians know there are other methods of study out there but as Christians we must not go overboard and swallow everything rabbinic Jewish as the only truth there is in biblical matters. Rabbinic truth is most often contains hints of anti-Jesus and anti-christian belief. In other words, they cannot see Jesus in the text of Isaiah 53 or Psalms 22 and use these same methods to suggest another translation. This actually does a disservice to the truth of the text. Maybe in someway the truth of the text can again shine through without bias. So I hope in a way for any of our Jewish brethren who stop by and read this, they may learn from it as well.

I am using the Jewish terms to help folks know what I am doing in this study in Genesis and make a distinction. Our Jewish brethren are still God's covenant people and I support Israel and the Jewish people. We can learn much from their form of study and methods but we must do so relying on the Holy Spirit and use their methods as a template which to work off. This way, we combine the western learning system which relies primarily Preshat with the ancient Jewish methods of Remez, Deash, and Sod that produce a unity (echaud) within the interpretation of a text.

Most everyone is familiar with the Peshat method of study as it is taught as the basics of Western learning methods. It is linear in scope and black and white in its approach. Bible Colleges use this method and most on this forum do, including me. What is not familiar is the concepts of Remez, Derash, and Sod from a perspective that follows along the standard Peshat method. It is these three forms of study that are largely left out of studies on context concerning scripture in Western Christian thought. I am attempting to give the reader a basic understanding of how these work so one can dig deeper into the bible and avoid error.

The Use of Metaphors

Therefore in Genesis 1:1-5 with the discussion with Hana, I am exploring the common metaphors - Derash - used for certain words to uncover a new layer of meaning that follows the narrative to the text concerning God created. In fact this helps uncover something about the intelligence of God involved in creation, reveals the Trinity at work in the Creation Days that is so often missed by endless discussions using the Peshat methods.

For example, the Metaphors of darkness/void/night, evening and light/day/morning are inserted according to the context of God creating before anything else ever was. Therefore the metaphor for darkness meaning evil, bad things, etc, does not apply in verse 1-5 but rather the other meaning for darkness such as a time of planning, formulating mulling other, laying an infrastructure first i.e. plans and buildings in the night , hidden things of God.

Likewise light is a metaphor for one who builds on what was prepared during the night... You actually see this in Gen 1:1-5. This method also involves paying attention to details such as verse 4 - God saw it was good - denotes and division between the hidden phase and the manifesting of what was hidden to light phase. This sets the stage for understanding how God does things using the same cycles - sometimes he Hides from us for a while, then his light shines on us for a while revealing the hidden reason for delays, what we go through, and blessings, promises fulfilled, etc.

One other thing that this method reveals is that Gen 1:1,2 implies that God did indeed created out of nothing and not according to the Jewish idea of the GAP theory (which is somewhat different than modern Christian GAP). Nothing existed, not even the earth, yet the space/void where earth would be was there as God thought best for it to be which helps understanding grammar used in Gen 1:1-2.

The rest of context of Genesis chapter one is about our earth being made and does not answer other planets, other beings, being made or any details. It is for us, human beings to learn from Chapter one that our origin came from God, not a slime pool. The slime pool idea justifies treating people as slime... Think about it.

Conclusion

With this in mind, I would like to show how the metaphor method works in examining symbols of the Hebrew letters and numbers help add to the text and might reveal what God was planning in verse 1-5. I am not kidding, it does. So I would like to move on to this area.

My apologies for not being real clear on what I am trying to share and pushing people into the deepest part of the pool without lessons on how to swim. So we can go slower now, and note, that we have the literal method of bible study methods readily available to us. I will only touch briefly on these but my focus is on the others ways to explore the Narrative text. If you would like that, then this will be for you.

Blessings
-
-
-
Re:Edited this for more clarity 7:16 pm MST August 13, 2015

Bryan W Melvin
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I re-edited the above post in order to provide a direction on how to make your bible study time come more alive.

I mentioned that I was using the ancient Hebrew method of study called derash involving looking a study of metaphors. To learn this, first note that the ancient Hebrew language used pictograph letters or Otiot. These letters used symbols and these symbols can be seen plainly in bible text. The text they are found in govern their meaning. To do this, you need to learn the ancient Hebrew alphabet and guess what, it is found in Psalms 119!

So to get started, I suggest that you turn to Psalms 119, the longest Psalm in the book. This Psalm uses the Hebrew alphabet as subject headings. Look at Psa 119:1, 9,17 in your paper edition of the of bible and you should notice the Hebrew alphabet letters listed as subject headings and below these the Psalms goes on from there.

I suggest that you use the following links below and do the following thing. In Psalms 119 you will notice the letter x ALEPH. Next to this, write the numeric value of this letter which is 1, then draw the pictograph symbol next to that, and lastly write the meaning OX – Leader/ruler so you have the following: x ALEPH 1, OX {head drawing}, Strong/Leader/Ruler. See the links below to help with this.

http://www.talentshare.org/~mm9n/articl ... .htm19.jpg

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Gramma ... grams.html

http://asis.com/users/stag/godcount.html

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/mean ... ble/2.html

Do the same for all 22 letters of the Hebrew Alphabet mentioned on Pslams 119. These are used as a reference in your own bible. This way, you will learn the Hebrew alphabet, the letter’s numeric value, its symbol/metaphor, and meaning all in one place. This will come in handy. Let me show you how in a short lesson on their use in the New Testament,

For example, read John 10:1-7 and notice the word Door/Gate used in the text. This matches the Hebrew Otiot Daleth whose numeric value is 4, which means gate/door, entrance. The number four meaning denotes the works of God or men used to enter into some endeavor or place. So In John 10:7, Jesus said he is the door or gatekeeper. He also uses the - I Am - phrase in verse 9. He is saying one must enter through the doorkeeper’s works (God's), not one’s own works.

Next metaphor that connects to the Otiot is found in the words translated call and hear. This directs me to the letter Pey, 80, picture of a mouth/word and the numeric 80 means strength of the word, calling out too, calling forth. In John 10:3 the doorkeeper calls to the sheep to enter, and they know his voice takes on deeper shade of meaning. Jesus is revealing that he is the Living Word of God by his own works done for the sheep is the only means to enter into his calling forth strength, safety, rest within the God’s house.

The phrase in John 10:1 is another metaphor that connect to the Otoit symbol Bet, 2, House. And the Number two means Truth that bears witness to who is in the house and who is not. Bet is the letter for truth and Jesus begins right away saying, "truly, truly or assuredly, I tell you." So you have the picture of the Entry way into God’s house guarded by the Living Word of God who calls out to his own, come – enter and find rest by what I have done for you.

So in the first ten verses we have the works God will do revealed that will open the door for us to enter his house later in John 10:17,18. Jesus speaks of His work – the work the doorkeeper, Daleth provides see John 10:9

Next, John 10:11 Jesus mentions he is the good Shepherd and the Otiot Lamed, 30, the shepherd’s staff comes to my mind as soon I see this word. Notice the work the shepherd will do for the sheep is alluded to again. Jesus says he is the Good Shepherd and this is in direct context to Psalms 23:1-6 which says the YHWH alone is the Good Shepherd who holds the Lamed staff.

Note the witness of truth alluded to in John 10:12-16 that bears witness of who is in the house and who is not. Also notice the use of the word voice again Pey 80. Now Lamed’s number value is 30 and 30 means A Dedication, a calling to a blood covenant that seals by blood the parties involved – it also means that one comes under the control – staff – of the stronger party of the covenant for direction, comfort, fellowship - Psa 23:1,2,3,4,5,6 comes to mind. So you have the New Covenant of Jesus shed blood by his laying down his life for the sheep.... Baaaa...

So in the first few verses, I see various Hebrew Letters and the symbols within the text and by knowing them, I can find what they reveal and discover that what is revealed is confirmed within the very context of John 10 in later verses as well in context to other scriptures such as Psa 23:1-6. So what I see right away in John 10:9-11 is this: The Good Shepherd, the Living Word, YHWH, setting forth a new covenant (door) shed by the description found in John 10:11,17,18 which match the symbol of the otiot letter Lamed and the number 30 to a tee.

Also I see Jesus using another – I Am statement too. Later, Jesus says that he is YHWH which connects to these very I AM statements found in John 10:7,9, 11,14. The religious leaders sought out stones to kill him (John 10: 26-31) but he walked through their midst unscathed.

All throughout John 10, you have Jesus pointing out who he really is, his plan, his call, his works that save revealed within a few verses and confirmed later on in the context. For those who take the time to learn the Hebrew Letters, Pictograph symbol, and numeric meanings and see them used in the metaphors of the bible text adds to the intensity of the scripture.

Therefore please take the time to place the letter pictograph symbol, its numeric value, and brief meaning besides the Hebrew letters use in Psa 119. Next, look for the symbols in the words used in the bible and see what the Lord will let you see.

This is the easiest way this method works… So let’s take a step deeper and look at Genesis 1:1-5 using the above example and something else as well.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I hope those that are following this have taken the time to look into he links provided and are ready to continue.

In next frame, we will move on...

Again the narrative linear aspect involved in the interpretation of Genesis 1:1-5 are plain and easily found in a wide array of commentaries and writings all written by many authors in there own words. So please note, I am note relying solely on these. We are looking into the layered meanings...in a manner quite different than folks are used too/

So on to the next frame:
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

With the last lesson and using an example from John chapter 10, let us move to the next lesson and apply what we learn above to Genesis 1:1-5, however, on another level. This time we will look at how to recognize the symbols from the ancient Hebrew Otiot {letters) pictograph forms with words used in the scripture that correlate to the word usage in Genesis chapter One. Next, we will do two exercises out of several that looks at the Hebrew letter/numeric involve with these pictograph.

By such methods, the Holy Spirit will reveal layered meanings from the context of the scripture that stick with its original context narrative. This helps identify and correctly decipher multi layered meanings from the textual context. There are several ways this can be done. This is one of the easiest.

Method One: Matching descriptive Hebrew words

While you read Gen 1:1-5 simply note the Hebrew translated words that match the Hebrew Otiot pictographs and next then assigning the numeric values of the Otiot you find. Next place these numbers in a simple equation. After this, look at individual numbers and letter meanings. So let’s begin with the Genesis 1:1-5 narrative text concerning the first day of creation and then apply this method.

Note: I am using the NASB because it usages of translated words match the Hebrew words very well.

Genesis 1:1-5, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. NASB

As you read the text, the following Otiot symbols are portrayed by certain words.

God represented by the letter Aleph and its number 1 – Pictograph Oxen head - strongest ruler

Spirit of God represented by the letter Shin-300 – Pictograph of teeth or wind coming forth out of the mouth and also used in Jewish culture to signify El Shaddai or the Spirit of God.

Water represented by mem-40 – Pictograph of flowing water

God said represented by pey-80 – Pictograph of mouth

God saw, represented by Ayin-70 - Pictograph of eye

Evening and morning, represented by the letter and number Qof-100 -- Pictograph of sunrise or set

Again, the last verse – Aleph-1 – Pictograph Oxen head - strongest ruler

Now look at is as a simple math equation and then match numbers used in the equation with the Otiot and number meaning guided by the context Gen 1:1-5 like this with a break between verse 4 and 5 noted:

1+300+40+80+70+100=591

And then next, 591+1=592 added later due to Genesis 1:5 as it is set apart by a summation that unites the context of the verses into one day.

This will guide the correct interpretation that correlates alongside the narrative context (what is first seen) which will reveal things which are (layered meanings) that point to what is not seen that applies.

The narrative text provides the informational flow to use in the interpretation. In other words, what are the key points or words in Genesis 1:1-5?

Let’s look: Gen 1:1 is God created. Gen 1:2 God brooding, stirring, hovering, moving, Gen 1:3 – God said let there be… Gen 1:4 God divides / separates, and Gen 1:5 the first day cycle darkness/evening and Light/morning phases make one whole complete day. So the tenor that helps with the interpretation involves creation, moving/brooding, speaking, and separating. These guide the interpretation.

Example interpretation of letter and number values:

God, the only strong all powerful one creates, fashions, shapes (1) by the Holy Spirit stirrings (300) that examines/tests (40), and by (God) speaking forth (80) perfecting functioning order into what he sees (70) for shaping the rise and setting of created life (100) = (for) the anointed one’s election into life or death (500) separating/selecting by humility (90), to the only true strong one, God (1).

Note: In Hebrew 591 reads like this 500+90+1 these numbers and letter meanings are added in. The Hebrew number 500 has a specific meaning for when 400+100 is added together it denotes – election into a covenant of life or death by an anointed one. On the internet, you will find a host of weird stuff on this number. However, this is the best meaning as it matches the bible use of 500.

Next you add in the final number which is mentioned in verse 5, one day. This number is set apart from verses 1-4 because it is set apart by a summation that unites the context of the verses into one day. So you add this value into the equation 1+591=592 to reveal the final meaning that pulls it all together which reads:

God, the only strong all powerful one creates, fashions, shapes (1) by the Holy Spirit stirrings (300) that examines/tests (40), and by (God) speaking forth (80) perfecting functioning order into what he sees (70) for shaping the rise and setting of created life (100) = (for) the anointed one’s election to life or death (500) separating selecting by humility (90), to the only true strong one, God (1) = by God’s (2) own witness of truth that verifies if one belongs in God’s house or not.

So, in a way, something of the plan of redemption is found in the text that is verified in other parts of the bible at the time Genesis was not even written. Let me show you as this helps to verify:

God, the only strong all powerful one creates, fashions, shapes (1-Psa 11:5,14, Pro 17:3, Jer 17:10,20, Zec 13:9) by the Holy Spirit stirrings (300- Rom 15:16) that examines/tests (40- John 16:8), and by (God) speaking forth (80-Rom 4:17) perfecting functioning order into what he sees (70) for shaping the rise and setting of created life (100-Isa 46:10, Isa 55:9,10,11) = (for) the anointed one’s election to life or death (500-Titus 3:4,5,6) separating selecting by humility (90- Eph 2:8,9,10), to the only true strong one, God (1- John 6:44) = by God’s (2) own witness of truth that verifies if one belongs in God’s house or not. (John 15:5, John 3:16, Matthew chapters 26-28).

I know this sort of thing some folks will scoff and mock at and pass of as plain stupid and waste of time as well as privet interpretation of some sort. However, there are checks and balance systems that prevent privet interpretations by connecting to scripture themes.

In fact there are more safe guards that all verify the same train of thought with the one I noted above that adds an intensity and depth to the narrative text. It is amazing how the variety of use of metaphor, letter, symbols, the number of times these are used in a text, word definitions, contextual themes, and letter and number meanings all follow the same line of thought which serve as a check and balance system too.

So, I will show you one more method involving the same verses in Genesis and show you what I mean. There are others, but these two should suffice.

Method Two

The Genesis 1:1-5 narrative concerns the first full day of creation.

Genesis 1:1-5, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. NASB

From the text please note how many times certain key words and phrases are used in the Hebrew text. I used the NASB as its wording matches the Hebrew for you and posted them below. Along with the words I posted the number of times a word is used, and place the Otiot Letter of this number followed by the biblical numeric meaning.

I did this as an exercise on how to look at the layered meanings of the text because such things as repeating phrases/words point to a number, which can be used to unlock further insights into the textual context. This takes practice and knowing how the context helps define what is being revealed on how to do this.

God (Elohim) used 5 times= letter Hey – (behold what is revealed ) - God’s grace/goodness displayed

Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim) used x1) = Letter aleph – (OX head –strong one) – Strong leader who brings about unity wholeness, soundness, perfection

Heavens used x1= letter aleph – (OX head –strong one) - Strong leader who brings about unity wholeness, soundness, perfection

Earth used x2== letter Bet- (in household or not in) – witness of truth that verifies union or division with the house(hold)

Light used x5== letter Hey – (behold what is revealed) - God’s grace/goodness displayed

Day used x2== letter Bet- (in household or not in) – witness of truth that verifies union or division with the house(hold)

Darkness used x3= letter Gimmel – foot (movement) – Divine completeness/unity/perfection

We are looking for patterns that the context of scripture indicate by noting numbers, how many times certain repeating words and phrases are used and counting them. Then matching these to the Hebrew pictograph letters and their respective number values, and including the number meanings to uncover deeper truths within narrative text that remains true to the context.

Add the number values together like so: 5+1+1+2+5+2+3=19

Interpretation:

By Grace (5) God works (1), Holy Spirit to fashion unity, soundness, perfection (1) (Rev 4:11 KJV) that bears witness of truth about who remains in his house or not remains (2) (Psalms 7:9 NKJV. Psalms 11:14, Jer 17:10) sent forth by Grace (5) (John 1:14) by a witness of truth from God’s household (2) to bring about (create) divine completeness/wholeness (3) by the wisdom of faith (19).

Now add the number that stands alone in the context – the 1’s day…

19+1=20 and 20 is the number denoting Redemption… (note the scripture connections)

By Grace (5) God works by (1), Holy Spirit who will bring about unity, soundness, perfection (1) (Rev 4:11 KJV) that bears witness of truth about who remains in his house or not remains (2) (Psalms 7:9 NKJV. Psalms 11:14, Jer 17:10) sent forth by Grace (5) (John 1:14) by a witness of truth from God’s household (2) to bring about (create) divine completeness/wholeness (reconciliation) (3) by the wisdom of faith (19), +1 in God’s creative redemptive act (20).

“God saw this was good (functional for this)… and there was evening and there was morning, one day…”

A time when the hidden things will be brought to light, (1 Co 4:5)

One day… 2 Peter 3:8,9,10,11,12,13,14 this will come… and light will remain Rev 21:1,2,3,4,23

In a way, whenever God decided to create the entire universe and humanity in it, he had a plan in mind as he stirred, hovered over the deep and spoke forth light to separate darkness. From this separating process, God shakes out the bad so the good is the only thing that remains (Rev 21:1-4). Now let’s see how this unfolds in the next 6 creation days.

Together both methods used in the examples used connect and read:

God, the only strong all powerful one creates, fashions, shapes by the Holy Spirit stirrings that examines/tests, and by (God) speaking forth perfecting functioning order into what he sees for shaping the rise and setting of created life (for) the anointed one’s election to life or death separating selecting by humility, to the only true strong one, God by God’s own witness of truth that verifies if one belongs in God’s house or not.

By Grace, God works by, Holy Spirit who will bring about unity, soundness, perfection that bears witness of truth about who remains in his house or not remains sent forth by Grace by a witness of truth from God’s household to bring about (create) divine completeness/wholeness (reconciliation) by the wisdom of faith, in God’s creative redemptive act.

Also just ponder the implications of the last phrase mentioned in Rev 13:8 and how that connects. This is how this works. No Human mind can put together a collection of writings that shout out Jesus Christ as this one does within its pages. God’s finger prints are all over this book.

Did you think the bible as so linear in concept as to leave out God’s inspiration altogether?

Now I know human beings with sarcasm will attempt to manipulate these methods in a manner to disprove. Go ahead, but realize, without the Holy Spirit directions you will be prone to error and it will be on you for abusing this system, not me. It takes a bit time to catch on and those that catch on report the same themes in his or her own words that do no injustice or discredit the overarching layered themes I listed for Genesis 1:1-5 in this exercise.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by Mallz »

I've been gone for a while. Hope I'm not getting in on this waaay too late :wave:
Are we beyond the beginning already?

1-What is the significance of the number 6?
imperfection

2-What does 6 mean in the bible?
a) imperfection, wholly (its birth, its existence, its effects, its creation and propogation) Or as you would say, "an absence of exercise of intelligence, wisdom, knowledge"
b) Rebellion/Chaos
c) Creation/order

3-What Hebrew letter that denotes 6 and what does it look like (represent) in its pictograph form?
It's a picture of a tent peg. It's a cohesive agent. It connects everything together, roots, upholds, attaches, establishes purpose. It is the number of man.

4-What happened on the 6th day of creation?
a) YHWH brought forth living creatures after their kind from the earth.
b) El Elyon, The Logos, The Ruah Ha'Qodesh created man as an expression of Himself.
c) Order was established through man
d) Male and female are the expression of His image
e) Life was cool and YHWH said it was good.

5-What is the significance of the number 7?
Completion, wholeness, perfection in action.

6-What does 7 mean in the bible?
Same as number 5?

7-What Hebrew letter that denotes 7 and what does it look like (represent) in its pictograph form?
Plowing Tool. Working with YHWH in tune with Him. By the Ruah Ha'Qodesh, through Yeshuah Ha'Mashiah by Abba Elohims will. As we were meant to exist.

8-How does, according to the context of Genesis chapters 1-3 do the numbers 6 and 7 tie into each other in regards to the tree of Knowledge and the test posed to humanity's first parents? Results of this?

Adam and Even wanted to be gods. Eve believed she could be and Adam believed her, both desiring to be gods. The tree of knowledge was perfection in action through faith. They threw their faith away by working (plowing) against YHWH for themselves which created imperfection, degradation, rebellion, chaos, disconnection from Him. They lost their innocence because they created humanism.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Mallz wrote:I've been gone for a while. Hope I'm not getting in on this waaay too late :wave:
Are we beyond the beginning already?....
Not at all Mallz,

What you wrote will come in handy so feel free to share your insights on the sixth day.

Right now, I am going slow and sharing how the Otiot, Metaphors, numbers, etc help uncover something of the mind of God during the creation days. I find it fascinating how the days of creation all add to the text in an orderly fashion revealing God's redemptive plan for humanity before the sixth day.

So I will continue on the second day adding to what I wrote on the first page about the second creation day in a bit. So in order for people to grasp the significance of details in the bible on such things as images, repeating words, etc, there is a hidden word in Genesis chapter one and chapter two verses 1-3 that is not translated and it is the Hebrew Aleph/Tav which are the first and last letters of the Hebrew Alphabet. Hence, the First and the Last mentioned in Isa 44:6 and Isa 48:12, and Rev 22:13.

Just to be brief here is a link to read more on this matter: Hebrew for Christians Link

In Gen 1:1-31 and Gen 2:1-3 as in context only concerning the 7 creation days, the Aleph/Tav is used 28 times.

In Biblical numbers 28 means Eternal life that God's Spirit brings in the inner chamber of the heart ... or simply Eternal Life. In fact the phrase =Lamb of God referring to Jesus is used 28 times in the bible.

During first 6 days of creation Aleph/Tav is used 26 times and 26 is the number for YHWH See Link Here for details as to YHWH is represented by number 26

Also note there are various spellings of xt (Aleph Tav) used with prefix and suffixes too. The straight pure form is xt - Aleph/Tav. It is used 14 times in Genesis 7 days of creation and nine of the 14 are used in direct reference to God, helping to identify Jesus.

Alef and Tav used 9 times in reference to Elohim in Verses 1,4,7,16,21,25,27,37, and Gen 2:3 in the full 7 week of creation and 5 other times in its pure form

Alef and Tav used 4 times with mem (40)as Suffix

Alef and Tav used 8 times with VaV (6) Prefix

Alef and Tav used 2 times with Vav (6) as Suffix

So here is what usages of Alep/Tav in the creation days reveal using the numbers of the various spelling of this word to identify the numeric meanings

First 6 days of creation – 8x used with God and 5 not used with God then Aleph/Tav used 4x with mem, 8x with vav-peg, 1x with Vav at end of word for a total of 26 times word is used which makes this equation: 8+5+4+8+1=26

8+new Beginnings, 5+Grace, revelation, goodness, +4 Creative works,+8 Grace/Goodness/light,+1 Strong leader= 26 Number for God YHWH

This equation using numeric meanings reveals this truth in the context of God creating:

God Creating, 8+fashioning new beginnings for life, 5+through a revelation of (His) grace/goodness, by (His) 4+creative works, that 8+circumcise the heart for new beginnings, 1+by one strong ruler – who is YHWH

Note the six day of creation humanity was created so the impact is startling...as it connects and matches to other scriptures in the bible.

Next let us add the 7th day to equations:

By adding in the two other Aleph / Tav found in the seventh day the equation reads 14+4+8+2=28

It reveals the same theme noted above but with a little more info...

God creating 9+Divine Completeness/wholeness/soundness/gift, by his 5+Grace/Goodness/Revelation, by his own 4+Creative works, for 8+New Beginnings to new life, by the 2+witness of truth for those in his household for 28+Eternal life with God who leads forever in the heart...

There is more to the Aleph/Tav as used in the first 7 days of creation than what first meets the eye...

How did I attain the numeric meanings. please review the links provided in prior postings ... and you will catch on.

I cannot do your homework for you...

However i will let you know that the Number 8 is the number that means 2 things: (1)New Beginnings, New Birth, New Day (2) Entry of new life viva by the circumcision of the heart....

More on second day of Creation coming soon...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Let's look at the deeper side of Genesis 1:6-8 concerning the 2nd creation day (cycle) using a forms from the Hebraic Derash method of study.

Introduction: Gen 1:6-8

As I mentioned before, the way that avoids misapplied interpretations involving using the metaphors, letter (Otiot) symbols, numerical definitions is to note the theme from the context of portion of scripture as these guide the interpretation.

Therefore a rule to follow is to stick with the theme as well as the key actions words used in conjunction of the nouns in a text that contains many repeating phrases, Otiot symbols, and words as does the Genesis creation account. In other scripture contexts this may not apply as clear cut as in Genesis chapter one but the method will, as we shall see later on.

I used this same format in the first creation day examples and going back, you will see how the action words such as said, made, called, expanse-as in extending, separated, etc, and context involving God creating were applied in the interpretation. We will do so again in Genesis 1:6-8 so you learn to apply these correctly. Now....

...Gen 1:6-8 gives us an Otiot symbol as all the creation days do consisting of matching its number to the corresponding otiot Hebrew letter. The second day is the Otiot Bet which numerical values is 2. Right there, something is being revealed about God fashioning dwelling place, a house so to speak where he can reveal the truth about himself. Likewise day one is Aleph – that represents a strong ruler and in this case, God being the only all powerful one to create something out of nothing when he did not have to.

So on day two you have the all powerful only one designing a dwelling and in context as noted in Gen 1:8 NKJV Heaven was created. In the NKJV Heaven is capitalized for a reason. God creating a dwelling place, house, in which to display his full truthful glory, Rev 4:11 KJV. With this introduction let’s continue and identify the key action words in Gen 1:6-8 and move to uncover more layers of meaning in the text narrative.

Gen 1:6-8, Then God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." 7 God (Aleph Tav) made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. 8 God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. NASB

Key action words and theme Identification

In Gen 1:6-8 the theme of creating, fashioning, placing things in order is obvious and the action words we identify that will rule/guide the interpretation are as follows: said, made, called, expanse (as in extending), separated, heaven, with the general tenor of placing created things in order.

Next, we will look at the numerical values as we did before and for repeating words and phrases too such as God (Elohim) being used 3 times in the text and each with differing distinctions.

Numbers of times certain words that are repeated

God said – used 1x (internal speech/vocal speech)

God (Aleph Tav) made – used 1x (completed, made for a purpose)

God called - used x1 (named, established)

Expanse used 5x (Extending growing space, vault of space/sky)

Waters used 5x

Separated used 2x (parting)

Second Day – image/symbol is Bet – household, house, dwelling

Basic Numeric Formula used and Number Meanings Applied

When using this method, please keep the number of times a word is used in the first sequence they are found in. This provides guidance for the flow needed to piece together the interpretation correctly. Next, place the numbers in a simple math formula.

3+5+2+5=15 and then 15+2=17 because the final account of the day is set apart by itself, hence evening and morning making one complete day.

Notice how the words said/spoke, made, called, expanse (as in extending), separated, heaven are used in text to bring out the general meaning in both examples below as you put together the numeric meanings (from the links earlier provided) like this:

God speaks forth 3+Divine Completion, unity,5+Grace/Goodness/Revelation,2+Witness of truth, 5+Grace/Goodness/Revelation=15+Resting in new direction for life as result of Salvation, +2 by truth for those in household see +17 Total Victory (over enemy/pride).

Interpretation with key action words added: God speaks forth completion/perfecting unity to himself, made/shaped by Grace, by calling/naming a witness of truth to see who is in or out of his household, who extends Grace/goodness, so there is a new life by salvation, to separate by truth those who enter or not enter God’s house, so heavenly Total Victory (over enemy/pride) is completed, seen.

Scripture connections: 1 John 5:4, Matthew 12:20, John 17:20-26, 1Co 15:54-57, John 10:1-18

Next, we will quickly look at the formula and add in the Otiot letters to the numbers as this will add a bit more detail to the interpretation above and shows one is on track.

Otiot derived from the formula reveals

3+Gimmel, 5+Hey, 2+Bet, 5+Hey= 15 which is 10+Yod and 5+Hey in otiot, then add in 2+bet = (10+Yod and 7+Zaryin in otiot)

Interpretation with key action words added: God’s words moves toward perfection, made by revealing Grace, that calls forth a witness of truth that separates by Grace, from the Arm (of God) that extends Grace, by extending truth’s witness, (to) the Arm (Holy Spirit) that brings about spiritual perfection through the parting/separating work of the plough/weapon that breaks ground.

Scripture connections: Isa 14:24, Isa 55:11, Jer 32:17, Isa 53:1, Deut 5:15, Deut 11:2, Deut 26:8, John 15:26 John 14:26, Jer 4:3,4

Well folks, I am not making this up… What I found astounded me. There is more but that is enough for now…

Blessings

What you see is something of the mind of God revealed by word pictures from the narrative text that is otherwise not even noted that points to Jesus and connects to central themes and principles found throughout the bible. Some folks may not like this, but the import points to Jesus in amazing ways.

As stated, there are more usages of these basic formulas that explore more on what is to come later but that maybe a bit too heavy to go into. Learn the basics for now, note he narrative text seen to identify theme and key words repeated used in Gen 1:1-31 and Gen 2:1-3 to guide as a rule on how to interpret. Also look for the Letter/otiot symbols in the textual context too. Not all bible text use repeating words, Often name meanings apply, and other things help reveal how the Holy Spirit teaches a person.

This is a different way to look at these creation days text. We are used to the narrative style, which is excellent and these you can find in many commentaries folks put into their own word to describe the same things using word tenses, meanings, grammar, syntax, contextual flow, etc and etc.

Please note that this study is not about that style but the Hebraic Derash method of study in a more refined manner.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Third Creation Day

As I mentioned, I am going slower and now we are on the third creation day using the Hebraic Derash method of study of signs and symbols of the Hebrew Otiot and numeric meanings. This is far different than Hebrew/Greek gematria system which will lose a person in a minefield of numbers so overly complex that simple truths of the bible are missed. Once one grasps the basics of what I am sharing, the Holy Spirit will let you see the symbols in the bible and how they connect to other scriptural truths that verify what you are learning concerning the layered meanings in particular bible texts.

In this third day study, I will only use two basic methods so one can gain how to do this better. There are more, they verify these two methods findings with a bit more insights. Remember, if you try this according to the methods lain out here, your interpretation's wording may very but surprisingly it will coordinate with the theme. Think of this as likened to several bible scholars commentaries on the same same text. They say much the same thing but in their own words style.

Genesis chapter one shares on the formation of the entire universe and earth in an orderly fashion done in steps/cycles God identifies as according to His day. His days have two steps in them, one evening cycle and the day cycle that makes one complete day. On the fourth day of creation concerning this earth is when our days began with the cycles of sun, moon, and stars giving us our concept of a 24 hour solar day. God's time is far different than our concept of time which revolves around the sun. His days concern an evening phase and a daylight phase. These are symbols which we will discuss further in next lesson.

So after day one cycle and day two's moving matter of the universe into respective places mentioned in Gen 1:6-8...

Narrative Begins, as we see written...

Gen 1:9-10, "Then God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear"; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:11-13 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth"; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.
" NASB

The narrative is simple enough, it involves the making of the earth and setting boundaries for certain kinds of growth to begin. Again the theme sticks with ordered stages involving creating, separating, fruit, and seed. It involves a period of unspecified time cycles noted by the 2 phrases – God saw that it was Good. in verses 10 and 12 which help indicated the cycle of the day's evening and morning phases. We are going to look from the main narrative seen, to look at the things that are in the text in layered meanings.

Uncovering The Layer Meanings

What does the Number Three mean in biblical numbering system and its representing letter?

The Hebrew third letter is Gimmel which looks like a leg and a foot. Its pictograph meaning coveys three principles involving 1-traveling, moving toward something, 2-carrying something somewhere and 3-walking in unity or pride (one’s own path)

In Bible numeric the number 3 means three things that the context of scripture help to pin point which are:

1-living by/movement toward Unity, Completeness, Perfection, Wholeness, Soundness

2-Represents the number for God’s tri-natured unity (The Trinity) moving things toward perfection, wholeness, unity, uniting to himself in the most perfect of ways without reproach or wrong doing.

3-When used in reference to human beings or the devil in denotes traveling to the dictates of hubris that brings forth disunity, disharmony in creation

Since Genies 1:9-13 concerns the third creation day and God is the author of it, the numeric meaning concerns definitions 1 and 2 noted above. So this portion of scripture we see Godhead involved in moving things toward a future perfecting goal (note Roman 8:20, 21, 22, 23) This theme is also brought out further by the third Hebrew letters of alphabet, Otiot, in this first layered meaning exercise.

First lesson:

Let’s look at the first three days of creation so far and use the otiot meanings to help uncover truths of these first three days.

First day of creation corresponds to the letter Aleph (1) representing a Strong One, Strong Ruler. Here during the first creation day you have God revealing that He is the Only all Powerful One, who creates for his own purposes in his own ordered ways. A silent period and an expressed period.

Second day of creation letter is Bet (2) representing a house to reside in and on day two we see this theme expressed by God creating the heavens first expanded out from a void of nothingness. We see God is building habitations.

Third day of creation letter is Gimmel (3) representing unity reveals how God moves things towards a completed state of union. Such as uniting land and seas together. For the future this is noted in how God plans to unite earth and heaven. This principle is found in Revelation chapters 21 and 22. The otiot order of the 7 creation days reveal things like this.

Also Genesis 1:9-13, we see God uniting the waters of the earth and uniting land to arise in unity on certain locations on earth. This matches the concept of Gimmel’s Otiot symbolism and explains what God meant by Good used twice in these verses – all was functioning perfectly. So from the first three creation days, we see God creating order and habitations in an orderly fashion. It appears that he is decorating his house which is all the universe, heaven, including this speak of sand called earth. He is setting a stage in which he reveals his own glory.

In other words, when you match the Otiot pictograph meanings of all the 7 days of creation, reveal a template which also matches the numeric equation methods. I wish our site here could allow the Otiot letter to be seen as this would make this easier to see.

The theme of day three is God moving things towards a completed state of union with himself in an orderly fashion. Note: God lives in his creation and becoming Born Again does what for us?

Lesson Two:

As before, let’s identify the number of times certain words a phrases appear in the text and explore the numeric meanings learning how to use this method better. Let's look at Gen 1:9-13 and notice that...

Waters is mentioned 2 times - as in decorating a house

Vegetation is mentioned 2 times - as in decorating a house

Plants mentioned 2 times - decorating a house

Trees mentioned 2 times - decorating a house

‘It is good’ phrase is mentioned 2 times – good means in functionally perfect working order

Fruit, mentioned 3 times– movement toward perfection, wholeness, soundness, through growth

After their Kind is mentioned 3 times - movement toward perfection, wholeness, soundness, through growth

Seed, mentioned 4 times – God’s creative works in that opens a doorway to life

Earth, mentioned 4 times – God’s creative works in things that opens a doorway to life

God said 2x

God called 1x

God saw 2x

So the equation looks like this: 2+1+2+2+2+2+2+2 +3+3 +4+4=29

To figure this one out, just use (2+1+2 God)+(2x5 Coverings)+(2x3 growth)+(2x4 entryway)=29 so that you find the best equation to work off of to uncover the meaning by adding these together in the unity and sequence used which looks like this:

5+10+6+8=29

5 is the number for revelation of grace and goodness, or light of revelation from God graciously given

10 is the number denoting the testimony of law/responsibility set in motion by an authority

6 Means attachment, nailed too, and is the number for man

8 Means new beginnings, new entry into new life

29 Means - departure

How does all this fit together and mean for us? These numbers reveal something God had in mind building and decorating this stage called earth. In other words, these numeric reveal to us something to come.

Putting the Numeric meanings together

The numeric equation reads so far 5+10+6+8=29 and later add in the value of 3 from verse thirteen 29+3=32. To attain proper direction to interpret, note the action words used in verses 9-13 because these help define the meaning. Let’s proceed and look at the first equations numeric meaning:

God Created, fashioned his Grace/Goodness to be revealed (5+ by word), by a testimony of law/order (10+gather), to see who will attach themselves (6+ brings forth) to God, so they will find a new beginning to life (8+ produce according to kind), that stops departure (29).

Now add the number 3 for the third day to the equation 29+3=32 and 32 denotes Blessing of Covenant and use the action words mentioned in Gen 1:9-13 to refine the meaning further and you get this revealed:

God by His word Created, fashioned his Grace/Goodness to be revealed (5+), by bringing forth a testimony of law/order (10+), to gather all who will attach themselves (6+) to God’s call (name), so they will have a new beginning to life to produce according to their kind (8+), that stops departure (29), by the uniting work of God’s (saw) vision (3+) to the blessings of Covenant relationship (32).

Now isn’t that a mouthful? Notice how the revelation connect to other solid concepts within the bible. I will let you find them and in doing so, you may hear the voice of the Holy Spirit instructing you.

Now add in Lesson one on Third Day use of number third letter's pictograph meaning and it is even more profound!

God moves things towards a completed state of union to himself.

God by His word Created, fashioned his Grace/Goodness to be revealed, by bringing forth a testimony of law/order, to gather all who will attach themselves to God’s call (name), so they will have a new beginning to life to produce according to their kind, that stops departure, by the uniting work of God’s vision to the blessings of Covenant relationship (32).

Look in your bibles and list the scriptures that connect to these truths: there are many. Like the great commission for starters... purpose of the law another...

Blessings
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Fourth Creation Day

Sorry for the long delay. Here we begin to look at the layered meanings found in Genesis chapter four. In this exercise, we will explore a another method that involves looking for the Hebrew otiot letter pictograph symbols seen in verses 14-19, and then match the key action words identified in the text to reveal more hidden layers. The methods revealed so far are only just a few.

This method involves the easiest known as the the Basic Otiot, then moves on to the Mid-level Otiot, and then on to the more Complex methods. For ease of identification of the Hebrew pictograph since the forum does not support the images of these, I will include the numeric for the pictograph by using the numeric for the letter. From there we will use the both the letter and numeric meanings.

Let’s begin with the Narrative text:

Gen 1:14-19 Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so.

Note: Verse 14 is specific as pertaining to earth. It is here that we get our first notion of a 24 hour day cycle for the purpose of telling time for days, seasons, and years. An Earth day is different than God’s days of creation and rest.

Gen 1:16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

Gen 1:17 God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. 19 There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.
NASB

The Pictograph Methods

Key action words used to help decipher correctly: said, light/dark, govern, separate, expanse, signs, season, days years i.e. time, made/fashion, saw/seen/foresaw

Basic Otiot symbols seen in Gen 1:14-19: Aleph-1 - pey-80, Qaf-100, Aleph-1 -70-Ayin, 4-Dalet =156 which means - Man’s leadership/governance

Strong One (God) speaks forth the light and darkness of seasons to fashion known experiential knowledge (for the) entrance/pathway to man’s leadership/governance.

The Mid-level and complex Otiot methods uses the numeric value for Elohim (86) added into the equation

Mid-level Otiot: Elohim -86, pey-80, Qaf-100, 86-Elohim -70-Ayin, 4-Dalet = 426 which means recounting/evoking a servant’s deeds …

Elohim speaks forth the light and darkness of seasons/time to make visible Elohim’s knowledge/ways (for the) entrance/pathway recounting of a servants deeds.

Complex Otiot symbols: Aleph-1, pey-80, and Hey 5 and Qaf 100(x4), Aleph-1, Ayin-70 and Dalet 4=410 means - Hand of God on teacher

God’s (1) spoken word (80) reveals the light his goodness/grace (5) to govern the election of (100) children of light (100) separating children of darkness (100) God’s (1) makes visible (70) during the sunrise and sunset of life’s seasons (100) by his hand on a teacher

Used with the numeric for Elohim:

86-80+5+100+100+100+86+70+100=727 which means - The Good shepherd’s atonement

Elohim (86) spoken word (80) reveals the light goodness/grace (5) to govern the election of (100) children of light (100) separating children of darkness (100) Elohim (86) makes visible (70) during the sunrise and sunset of life’s seasons (100) = (727) by The Good shepherd’s atonement

These are the basic ways to look at a text when the Hebrew letter pictograph symbols are obvious. Other folk’s translations will be close to the interpretation used here when using the key action words used roughly in their order of appearance.

Now let us put together the Four days of creations layered meanings together:
B. W. wrote:First Creation Day

God revealing that He is the only all Powerful One, who creates for his own purposes in his own ordered ways

God, the only strong all powerful one creates, fashions, shapes by the Holy Spirit stirrings that examines/tests, and by (God) speaking forth perfecting functioning order into what he sees for shaping the rise and setting of created life (for) the anointed one’s election to life or death separating by humility, to the only true strong one, God by God’s own witness of truth that verifies if one belongs in God’s household or not.

By Grace, God fashions by, Holy Spirit who will move toward unity, soundness, perfection that separates by witness of truth about who remains in his house or not remains spoken forth by Grace from a witness of truth of God’s household to (see through/bring about) divine completeness/wholeness (reconciliation) by the wisdom of faith, in God’s creative redemptive act.

Creation Day Two – God building habitations for himself.

God’s words moves toward perfection, made by revealing Grace, that calls forth a witness of truth that separates by Grace, from the Arm (of God) that extends Grace, by extending truth’s witness, (to) the Arm that brings about spiritual perfection through the parting/separating work of God’s plough/weapon that breaks ground

God speaks forth completion/perfecting unity to himself, made/shaped by Grace, by calling/naming a witness of truth to see who will be in or out of his household, who extends Grace/goodness, so there is a new life by salvation, to separate by truth those who enter or not enter God’s house, so heavenly Total Victory (over enemy/pride) is completed.

Third Day of Creation: God moves things towards a completed state of union to himself.

God by His word Created, fashioned his Grace/Goodness to be revealed, by bringing forth a testimony of law/order, to gather all who will attach themselves to God’s call (name), so they will have a new beginning to life to produce according to their kind, that stops departure, by the uniting work of God’s vision to the blessings of Covenant relationship (32).

Fourth day of creation

Basic: Strong One (God) speaks forth the light and darkness of seasons to fashion known experiential knowledge (for the) entrance/pathway to man’s leadership/governance.

Mid-level Otiot: Elohim speaks forth the light and darkness of seasons/time to make visible Elohim’s knowledge/ways (for the) entrance/pathway recounting of a servants deeds.

Complex Otiot symbols

God’s (1) spoken word (80) reveals the light his goodness/grace (5) to govern the election of (100) children of light (100) separating children of darkness (100) God’s (1) makes visible (70) during the sunrise and sunset of life’s seasons (100) by his hand on a teacher

Elohim (86) spoken word (80) reveals the light goodness/grace (5) to govern the election of (100) children of light (100) separating children of darkness (100) Elohim (86) makes visible (70) during the sunrise and sunset of life’s seasons (100) = (727) by The Good shepherd’s atonement
Basically, the underlying theme is God setting up a stage called earth to shine his forth glory through Jesus Christ. In other words, the plan of redemption is encoded in the Creation Days which in fact line up with other truths found in the bible.

This is an amazing book!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

See the above thread for Fourth day of creation..

Another method that is used in the bible is to explore proper names meanings and then add in the meaning of proper names into the text. For example let us look at Genesis chapter 5 genealogy from Adam to Noah.

Name Meanings Genesis 5:1-32

Adam: Man (of red earth)

Seth: Appointed/Set

Enosh: Mortal sorrow

Kenan: Possessor

Malalalel: The blessed God

Jared: Shall come down

Enoch: dedicated teacher who teaches

Methuselah: His death shall bring or (He dies and (the flood) is sent (Faussets Bible Dictionary)

Lamech: The despairing, made low

Noah: Rest/comfort

What you have revealed by the name meanings is this layered meaning:

Man is appointed mortal sorrow by a possessor but the blessed God will come down as a dedicated teacher teaching that His death will bring the despairing rest/comfort

Now, Moses wrote this how many years before Jesus came? Do you think some scribe inserted this into the Torah (first five books) the most revered text of the Jewish people, written in Moses’ time and in some of the oldest text we have from the dead sea scrolls, etc, was some sort of accident?

If so, you need a good slap in the face… to wake you up.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Have only just seen this thread, give me a while to read through.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
christianwarrior
Familiar Member
Sex: Male

Post by christianwarrior »

It is an increasingly popular view that Adam and Eve are not literal, real people even in Christian circles.
http://www.npr.org/2011/08/09/138957812 ... am-and-eve
I will continue to uphold Adam and Eve as literal people on the authority of Scripture.
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 76#p165776
While there are many Christians who view the New Testament as literal but the Old Testament (especially the first few chapters of Genesis) as allegorical, a close reading of Scriptures will render that position as untenable.

Luke 3:23-38
Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melki, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph, the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Esli, the son of Naggai, the son of Maath, the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein, the son of Josech, the son of Joda, the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri, the son of Melki, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmadam, the son of Er, the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim, the son of Melea, the son of Menna, the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan, the son of David, the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Boaz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon, the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah, the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Kenan, the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

If you are going to say that Jesus was a real person but Adam and Eve were fables then which part of the Virgin Mary's geneology is literal which part is allegorical. Matthew 1 (Joseph's ancestory, Jesus' legal claim to the throne of David) and Luke 3 (Mary's ancestory, Jesus' biological descent which bypasses the curse of Jeconiah) was not written to bore people but to link Jesus to the promises of the Old Testament. http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 77#p165777

Many of Paul's teachings are utter gibberish if Adam and Eve was just a fable.

2 Timothy 2:13-14: For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

1 Corinthians 15: 20-24: But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Romans 5: 6-14: For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

Satan: He has many names. The book of Job and Zechariah use the Hebrew הַשָּׂטָ֖ן (Ha-Satan), the accuser/adversary. While this term can describe any adversary, context tells when it is being used to refer to Satan (i.e. Book of Job as the Satan appear before God in the heavenly realm). We get the English term Devil from Middle English Devel which was derived from Old Saxon word Diuval which comes the Latin term Diabolus which comes from the term διάβολος which the writers of the Greek Septuagint (LXX) translation of the Old Testament used for Ha-Satan. In the New Testament Διάβολος (Diabolos, the Devil) and Σατανᾶς (Satanas, Satan) are used inter-changeably. We get the term Lord of Flies from Beelzebub which the Greek translation of Baal-Zebub in 2 Kings 1:3. We get the term Lucifer from the Latin Vulgate translation of Isaiah 14:12.

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo,Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris? corruisti in terram,qui vulnerabas gentes?

“How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!

While there is a claim by many in academic circles that the serpent in the Garden and Satan are different people, the book of Revelation makes it clear that the serpent in the Garden was Satan:

And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent (ὄφις, ophis) of old who is called the devil (διάβολος ,diabolos) and Satan (Σατανᾶς, Satanas), who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. Revelation 12:9

ὄφις (ophis) is the same word that the Greek LXX translation uses for serpent in Genesis 3. http://studybible.info/interlinear/Genesis%203

2 Corinthians 11:3: But I am afraid that, as the serpent (ὄφις,ophis) deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

διάβολος (diabolos) is the same word the LXX uses for Ha-Satan in Job and Zechariah. http://studybible.info/interlinear/job%201

How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! Isaiah 14:12

The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. Luke 10:17-18

Revelation 12: 7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Daniel 12:1: “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.

The Bible makes it clear that there is a war between angels of God and the demons of Satan.

http://www.compellingtruth.org/fall-of-Satan.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/tree-knowle ... -evil.html