Causality

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Causality

Post by IceMobster »

The moment I watched this scene, I got reminded of Audacity :mrgreen:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Causality

Post by Hortator »

The Matrix, begins as a difficult to understand movie series with the first and gradually, if not, exponentially, ending with the last.

When I first saw that scene, I was like "oh no did he poison that woman just to prove a point?" but I'm guessing from the context it was just laxative. But kind of a lame example to write off free-will: I gave you a laxative now choose whether or not you'll excuse yourself.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Hortator wrote:The Matrix, begins as a difficult to understand movie series with the first and gradually, if not, exponentially, ending with the last.

When I first saw that scene, I was like "oh no did he poison that woman just to prove a point?" but I'm guessing from the context it was just laxative. But kind of a lame example to write off free-will: I gave you a laxative now choose whether or not you'll excuse yourself.
It wasn't a laxative dude...
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Hortator wrote:The Matrix, begins as a difficult to understand movie series with the first and gradually, if not, exponentially, ending with the last.

Hahahaha :mrgreen:

He made a program that would make her orgasm, hence the comparison with humans beings have no control (i.e. lust and cause+effect = no free will) Oh and another thing: she didn't question who has sent it to her but was "blinded" by the look and taste of the cake. Which further emphasizes on the point of cause (not questioning enough) and effect (being either embarrassed having an orgasm in public and having to excuse herself or losing control)

Despite the obvious Hollywood retardation, it's a damn good movie. One of the top I've seen, actually.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

IceMobster wrote:

Hahahaha :mrgreen:

He made a program that would make her orgasm

0_0 oh my rofl
Despite the obvious Hollywood retardation, it's a damn good movie. One of the top I've seen, actually.
----EDIT FOR SPOILERS----
:sargh: :sargh:
Ahh see nobody would watch a movie about Buddhist philosophy, unfortunately. You have to have the theatrical action. And it actually revolutionized stunt choreography in Hollywood. The Subway Standoff in the first was among the greatest 1v1 fight I've ever seen, not to mention the "Dock Siege" battle in the third, as well as the final showdown between Smith and Neo that was like The clash of the Titans in an urban setting.

There is a very good story hidden underneath, but it takes a lot of digging to find, in my opinion.

Sent from iPhone, I hope there's no spelling errors
Last edited by Hortator on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Orgasm? Was that what happened?

That went completely over my head!

:oops:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:Orgasm? Was that what happened?

Weeeeeell, not sure if sarcasm or not, but after she ate the cake you can clearly see (in a matrix depiction/language) that something exploded in the vaginal area... Man, it doesn't get more obvious than that. I guess you were devouring the poor sandwich at the time. :pound:
IceMobster wrote:Despite the obvious Hollywood retardation, it's a damn good movie. One of the top I've seen, actually.
Hortator wrote: Ahh see nobody would watch a movie about Buddhist philosophy, unfortunately. You have to have the theatrical action. And it actually revolutionized stunt choreography in Hollywood. The Subway Standoff in the first was among the greatest 1v1 fight I've ever seen, not to mention the "Dock Siege" battle in the third, as well as the final showdown between Smith and Neo that was like The clash of the Titans in an urban setting.

There is a very good story hidden underneath, but it takes a lot of digging to find, in my opinion.

Sent from iPhone, I hope there's no spelling errors
*khm* SPOILERS.

Yeah, well, I don't really like all that romance thing between Neo and Trinity. Also, agents (and it's like this in all them dumb action movies nowadays *khm* John Wick *khm*) as being programs should have an installed aimbot, or at least hit more than 0.1% of their shots(yeah I am looking at you Trinity and Morpheous). Furthermore, the thing where bad guys have someone on gun point and don't just execute them but HAVE to say some "badass" line and then get interrupted. Or when in the first movie the operator gets shot by a damn lightning gun and manages to survive, yeah sure, bro. It is too perfect, too utopistic for the protagonist for my taste. Don't tell me that is normal. When did it become for such illogical actions be considered normal?
Nevertheless, I understand that it is a science fiction movie but I see this, mentioned above aspects, all around the genres. Can't you make a realistic science fiction?! :mrgreen: If you catch my meaning...

Anyway, I don't think the story is hidden. Hell, at some point (when agent Smith takes control over a real person and fights Neo and blinds him) agent Smith even calls him Messiah.
Then there is that prophecy from the Oracle which says that he will be the One perhaps in another life. Neo dies, is "reborn" by love from Trinity (duh)and manages to reborn agent Smith (the system) as well, which in the end is the evil part of him (well you can say that the One is actually agent Smith but I beg to differ. Won't go into that now).
I could go on... (for example the problem with the year being 2199, if Neo was 6th incarnation and 200/6 = 33years (the amount of years when Jesus died and rose again) it means at least 33 years have to pass between each new Zion city. In that span, you can't populate the city to its population, shown in the trilogy, with 23 people (16female 7male) which means it has to be a span longer than 200 years...
Man, in the end he even sacrifices himself for the people of Zion (wait, how do you call the populace of Zion? *khm* definitely no allusion here *khm* -- except, here, they thanked him for the sacrafice, huh? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Anyways, Neo was the first of the incarnations who understood the nature of the Architect's question and asked the "how?" and not the "why?" (not to mention that he realized whatever he chose, the system/Architect will do a restart so, in the end, it doesn't matter much) and he chose(you can argue this is free will, however, causality, audacity (:mrgreen:) and meroving would beg to differ) love over humanity (i don't blame the guy, and no, the reason is not because: "dat a$$" or something similar)

Btw, I watched the whole trilogy today :D

Did you dig something else? Care to share?

Man, I love philosophical movies / the ones that blow your mind / the ones that give you food for thought. Got any to recommend?
Last edited by IceMobster on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote:

IceMobster wrote:
Weeeeeell, not sure if sarcasm or not, but after she ate the cake you can clearly see (in a matrix depiction/language) that something exploded in the vaginal area... Man, it doesn't get more obvious than that. I guess you were devouring the poor sandwich at the time. :pound:
No seriously. I completely missed it. Perhaps if it were a Meg Ryan/Harry Met Sally moment, I would've caught on.

But now I understand why I feel a little "weird" when I eat chocolate mousse!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Hortator wrote:.
Oh, just got reminded of another thing the film shows. A place without evil, a place where everything is perfect. That is what the aliens did at first and people couldn't live in it for a day (or something like that) which tries to show how redundant of a question is: if there is God, why is there evil? /or/ How can God allow evil?

Where is the review, btw? :mrgreen:

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, sometimes they are more subtle. :pound: Having a "Meg Ryan" is likely fake. I can send you a book. :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:

Rick, sometimes they are more subtle. :pound: Having a "Meg Ryan" is likely fake. I can send you a book. :mrgreen:
Meg Ryan was fake?

Oh boy! Yes, please send the book. I've been doing it all wrong! :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: Meg Ryan was fake?

Either that or you need to be sending ME a book! :lol: (as apparently I'm not worthy!). That explains the sound-proofing and earthquake foundation proofing Rick just had installed, the setting off of all those neighborhood burglar alarms (well,there WAS an apparent fire - and the neighbors did report loud screaming). :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Rick: Meg Ryan was fake?

Either that or you need to be sending ME a book! :lol: (as apparently I'm not worthy!). That explains the sound-proofing and earthquake foundation proofing Rick just had installed, the setting off of all those neighborhood burglar alarms (well,there WAS an apparent fire - and the neighbors did report loud screaming). :D
The great thing about discussing sex on the Internet, is that nobody has any idea that I'm actually lying slightly embellishing the truth. :slol:

-Edward R Murrow