Hundreds of Proofs of God's Non-Existence

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
SoCalExile
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Hundreds of Proofs of God's Non-Existence

Post by SoCalExile »

http://www.thomism.org/atheism/atheist_logic.html

Some real ones I have seen and some that are just plain funny:

68. ARGUMENT FROM ATHEISM (II)
(1) Atheism is simply a lack of belief.
(2) Therefore it cannot be wrong.
(3) Kind of like how, for example, lacking belief in gravity when stepping off a 90-story building cannot be wrong.
(4) Therefore, God does not exist.

362. RICHARD DAWKINS' DELUSIONAL ARGUMENT
(1) Theists suffer from a "delusion."
(2) However, I cannot prove their belief is false.
(3) So, technically, I don't know if it's a "delusion."
(4) And yet I know it's a delusion.
(5) Therefore, I'm not delusional.
(6) They are.
(7) Therefore, God does not exist.

367. ARGUMENT FROM SCIENTIFIC DOUBT
(1) Science and religion are incompatible.
(2) This is because science operates on doubting everything in order to see what ideas can withstand skeptical scrutiny.
(3) Religion, on the other hand, is about accepting things no matter what.
(4) Of course, a lot of people have the gall to doubt science, and those people should die.
(5) Therefore, God does not exist.

368. RICHARD DAWKINS' ARGUMENT FROM TRADITION
(1) The odd thing about tradition is that the longer it's been going on the more people seem to take it seriously.
(2) It's as if sheer passage of time turns something that was just made-up into what people believe is fact.
(3) The Assumption of Mary is an example (even though I can't prove it didn't happen).
(4) The belief that Egyptian Pharaohs were gods is another example (well, actually that tradition didn't get strengthened over the sheer passage of time).
(6) Newton's Laws of Motion is yet another example (well, that traditional belief is one I accept).
(7) But, yeah, traditional beliefs are just awful.
(8) Therefore, God does not exist.

ARGUMENT FROM WAR (II)
(1) All wars are caused by religion, such as:
(2) The Peloponnesian War.
(3) The Punic Wars.
(4) The Hundred Years War.
(5) The War of Spanish Succession.
(6) The War Between the States.
(7) The War of 1812.
(8) World War I.
(9) World War II.
(10) The Vietnam War.
(11) Well, those wars weren't caused by religion, except in some far-fetched way which still counts.
(12) Therefore, God does not exist.

NO TRUE EVIDENCE ARGUMENT (I)
(1) Atheist: "There is no evidence of miracles."
(2) Theist: "There have been millions of reports of miracles throughout history."
(3) Atheist: "That's not evidence."
(4) Theist: "Yes, it is. It's anecdotal evidence. And lots of it."
(5) Atheist: "Anecdotal evidence is unreliable. My point stands."
(6) Theist: "No, it doesn't. You said there was no evidence of miracles, but I've shown that there technically is."
(7) Atheist: "Well, there is no TRUE evidence of miracles."
(8) Theist: "What kind of evidence for miracles would you consider true?"
(9) Atheist: "So far, none."
(10) Therefore, God does not exist.

NO TRUE EVIDENCE ARGUMENT (II)
(1) Atheist: "Science has never confirmed that any supposed miracle was actually a miracle."
(2) Theist: "Obviously, because science only studies the physical world by definition. It can't detect supernatural causes that are outside of its defined scope of study."
(3) Atheist: "Still, it has never confirmed any miracle. That's damning evidence."
(4) Theist: "Uh, right. Well, science has been unable to explain many supposed miracles. You can admit that at least."
(5) Atheist: "Yeah, so? Just because science can't explain something, that doesn't mean it's a miracle."
(6) Theist: "Yeah, but do you admit that some of them could be miracles?"
(7) Atheist: "No. Because if it was, then science would tell us. But it's never done that. Therefore, only things that science is able to confirm is true. That means only the physical world exists because that's what science studies ... by definition."
(4) Therefore, God does not exist.

NO TRUE EVIDENCE ARGUMENT (III)
(1) All alleged miracles that currently defy scientific explanation may be explained by science later on.
(2) Therefore, there is no evidence that miracles actually defy scientific explanation.
(3) Therefore, God does not exist.

NO TRUE EVIDENCE ARGUMENT (IV)
(1) Science has never confirmed the existence of any sort of paranormal activity.
(2) If it does prove something like that one day (e.g. telepathy), there may be a natural explanation.
(3) And if there isn't, there would still technically be no reason to conclude that it had supernatural cause.
(4) So, even though there's no evidence of paranormal activity, nothing would really change if there was.
(5) Atheism wins no matter what.
(6) Therefore, God does not exist.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.