Three pints

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Three pints

Post by RickD »

There was an Irishman who moved to a remote villiage for work, the kind of place where everyone knew everyone. The first Friday after work, he went to the pub, ordered three pints and sat in the corner for the next hour, quietly drinking. He then left without talking to anyone. This went on for several weeks, and the other regulars become curious. They eventually approached him and asked him why he sat by himself with three beers and never talked to anyone else.

"Well, I have two brothers. As we grew up, we always had a pint together on a Friday afternoon. Michael left for America and Jerry left for Australia, and we agreed that we would continue the tradition to remember each other. That's why I sit by myself and drink a pint for each of us."

The locals were quite impressed, and he became well known for his faithfulness to his brothers. A few months passed, and one Friday he bought only two pints before sitting down. Assuming the worst, a small delegation of locals came across and passed on their condolances on the loss of a brother.

The man looked startled for a moment and replied, "It's not my brother, it's me! I've given up drinking for Lent!"
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Three pints

Post by PaulSacramento »

I gotta ask, are the Irish that bad?
LOL !
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:I gotta ask, are the Irish that bad?
LOL !
No, I guess it's just another stereotype. Here's another one. I'm sure Byblos will get a kick out of this:
A little old Italian lady was kneeling in church, whisper-praying her rosary beads: "Pss-pss-pss-pss-pss-pss-pss." A painter is up on a scaffold, high in the church, and decides to have a little fun with this pious old woman.

"This is your Lord speaking," he says in a deep, resonant voice.

No reaction from the little old Italian lady, who keeps on with her beads: "Pss-pss-pss-pss-pss-pss-pss."

Painter figures maybe she's a little deaf, so he raises his voice: "This Is Your LORD Speaking!"

Still no response from the little old Italian lady, except: "Pss-pss-pss-pss-pss-pss-pss."

So the painter shouts: "THIS IS YOUR LORD SPEAKING!'

And the little old lady looks up at the crucifix and says, "You shutta up! I'm a-talkin' to your Mama!"
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Here's one for all you Protestants. You know who you are.
MAN: Did you hear about Sullivan? He's lost his faith.

WOMAN: Oh, no! You mean -- he's become Protestant?

MAN: Heavens, no! I said he lost his faith, not his mind.

-Edward R Murrow