Good guy Lucifer

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Good guy Lucifer

Post by CeT-To »

LOL found this on reddit - man the atheism page there is full of ad hominems and arrogantly ignorant people. Pictures like this are like the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35ve3r/

:pound: :shakehead:
Last edited by CeT-To on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Good guy Lucifer

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Haha yea I don't bother with reddit, it's is too crass and not worth my time.

Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

I just go to reddit for the funny pictures but the atheist pics attract me cause they're sooooo stupid most of the time if not all of the time, makes me cringe >< Lol
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

The memes are really harmless in my opinion...as are the people on the forum you posted. The people spewing off ignorance are mostly just trolls and people who enjoy being dumb. Nothing really damaging there.

As far as the meme you posted...oh well. Not that I really like the devil, but the point is kind of interesting. Considering the vastly different opinions I've heard on what the metaphorical "Tree of Knowledge" was, I'm very interested as to why humans getting it was such a bad thing. Could someone explain it to me?
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by goldmoor »

when i look at good guy lucifer i shook my :shakehead: , but wheni saw reddit i laugh :pound:( and they call us christain unintelligent) and then i cried :crying: ,because it like a comedy and a tragedy
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

Ivellious wrote:The memes are really harmless in my opinion...as are the people on the forum you posted. The people spewing off ignorance are mostly just trolls and people who enjoy being dumb. Nothing really damaging there.

As far as the meme you posted...oh well. Not that I really like the devil, but the point is kind of interesting. Considering the vastly different opinions I've heard on what the metaphorical "Tree of Knowledge" was, I'm very interested as to why humans getting it was such a bad thing. Could someone explain it to me?

it wasn't the eating of the fruit,it was disobeying God that was the problem
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

Still, the tree and its fruit were extremely significant...What happened afterward (clothing themselves, having emotion, having modesty and shame, having a non-animal understanding of the world, maturing into adults) wasn't just because they disobeyed.

Again, I see this story as heavily allegorical and not literal. I think a rather strong argument that the "fruit" in question was literally sex. But that's just me. I guess my question before though gets at a broader point...why did God prefer that humans not ever mature beyond being babies? And why would he expect people with the age and maturity of babies to understand anything (such as consequences) if they had no teaching? It just doesn't add up, unless God wanted us as his playthings or to keep Eden as a zoo.
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

Ivellious wrote:Still, the tree and its fruit were extremely significant...What happened afterward (clothing themselves, having emotion, having modesty and shame, having a non-animal understanding of the world, maturing into adults) wasn't just because they disobeyed.

Again, I see this story as heavily allegorical and not literal. I think a rather strong argument that the "fruit" in question was literally sex. But that's just me. I guess my question before though gets at a broader point...why did God prefer that humans not ever mature beyond being babies? And why would he expect people with the age and maturity of babies to understand anything (such as consequences) if they had no teaching? It just doesn't add up, unless God wanted us as his playthings or to keep Eden as a zoo.
hypothically say, adam and eve didn't eat the fruit and didn't disobey God how do you know they wouldn't mature

Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

Because the Bible rather explicitly say that only after obtaining the "knowledge" from eating the fruit did they begin to understand their existence beyond the perception of a child.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

This thread no funny..
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

I bet if Lucifer was the good guy in Christianity instead of the villain, we would be seeing "Good Guy Yahweh" pics.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
wazatron
Acquainted Member

Post by wazatron »

Stu wrote:This thread no funny..

:)