Tim Tebow's "death"

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Tim Tebow's "death"

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

A True Canadian

It’s Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right at center ice. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbor if someone will be sitting there.

“No,” says the neighbor. “The seat is empty.” “This is incredible”, said the man.

“Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs and not use it?”

The neighbor says “Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Stanley Cup we haven’t been to together since we got married in 1967.”

“Oh … I’m sorry to hear that. That’s terrible. But couldn’t you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?”

The man shakes his head “No. They’re all at the funeral.”

John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ah, but Canuck, someone's gonna get hosed because the bulb wasn't bought at a Canadian union-run factory. :lol: Yet then they probably couldn't have afforded it to begin with.
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

Help, my thread's been hijacked y:O2
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by ultimate777 »

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Tim Tebow's "death"
by Canuckster1127 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck.Dogma is expressed in words, which are themselves mere symbols that fall short of fully expressing the realities which they attempt to portray. In the end, we worship a Living God, not a thread of logic. This is why Jesus as the Living Word is God's greatest, most complete revelation.

http://bartbreen.wordpress.com/
Canuckster1127
Board Admin

Private messageE-mailWebsiteTop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Tim Tebow's "death"
by RickD on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

A True Canadian

It’s Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right at center ice. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbor if someone will be sitting there.

“No,” says the neighbor. “The seat is empty.” “This is incredible”, said the man.

“Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs and not use it?”

The neighbor says “Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Stanley Cup we haven’t been to together since we got married in 1967.”

“Oh … I’m sorry to hear that. That’s terrible. But couldn’t you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?”

The man shakes his head “No. They’re all at the funeral.”

The way I hard it, it was the wife present, and it was the Broadway musical, "Oklahoma" early in its run.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Fortunes of war .... ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

RickD wrote:There's not much to do in Canada, in the winter. Hockey and ice fishing, are aboot the only things to do, eh? :pound:
psh, you missed about a gazillion things. Like eating maple syrup on fresh snow (totally missed out this winter cause the fluffy stuff kept melting!), saying "Im sorry" for pretty much everything (but we do that year round), sucking up to our American cousins (oh wait, that's year round, too), talking about how superior we are when it comes to health care even though our obesity rates and quality of life isn't that far off from that of the US (crap I keep talking about year round activities!)

:P
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

My favorite homemade winter time treat used to be yellow snowcones. y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

RickD wrote:My favorite homemade winter time treat used to be yellow snowcones. y#-o
:pound:
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".