Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

And the sequel Milo's Return which was really just 3 episodes put together, since the show was cancelled but they decided to keep those 3 as they were already done and ready.
Anyhow, who likes this film? I see some good things, such as the common issue the world has today: is money more important than the lives of people? Soon after the climax, the latter idea is supported by not only Milo (who always supported it), but the rest of the main 5 or 6 crew members though the two main villains don't, and die as a result.
I also like the animation and the mixture of cgi in it.
I do like the Hero's Journey presented and the humor. One thing I don't like is how Mole (the brilliant geologist frenchman) is treated, he can't help it as he was apparently raised for a while by animals in the sewers of Paris, and still retains some animal mannerisms.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Oh, and this: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/nhIAAOSw ... s-l300.jpg
Who else has lots of collectables from around this time and even before? :ebiggrin:
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

looks like a cool name for a movie and cool cover poster .. hope it embodies the original spirit of Disneyland ...
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Blessed wrote:looks like a cool name for a movie and cool cover poster .. hope it embodies the original spirit of Disneyland ...
It's not a singy song film-it's one of the few Disney films that have no songs-maybe some in the end credits (?) but lots of action.
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Blessed wrote:looks like a cool name for a movie and cool cover poster .. hope it embodies the original spirit of Disneyland ...
It's not a singy song film-it's one of the few Disney films that have no songs-maybe some in the end credits (?) but lots of action.
no mean singy song
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

no mean singy song
Amen to that! All of those Disney things are tied to merchandising, demands for soundtracks, and creating new little tween "rockstars." Really, they are mostly cartoon musicals. And the one Disney movie I hate worse than ALL other ones: "High School Musical" - which my wife has watched over and over, and which I absolutely LOATHE! Not only does it remind me of high school and all of its banality, but it's full of sappy songs and dance numbers. Now, to be fair, Disney has put out some great stuff - particularly some of their early animated features. Loved "The Incredibles."

About the only musical I've ever liked is the "Wizard of Oz" - probably because I grew up seeing it on TV. Heck, until we got color TV in the late '60s (yep, Dinosaur Boy here), I never even realized that it wasn't ALL in color.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote:
no mean singy song
Amen to that! All of those Disney things are tied to merchandising, demands for soundtracks, and creating new little tween "rockstars." Really, they are mostly cartoon musicals. And the one Disney movie I hate worse than ALL other ones: "High School Musical" - which my wife has watched over and over, and which I absolutely LOATHE! Not only does it remind me of high school and all of its banality, but it's full of sappy songs and dance numbers. Now, to be fair, Disney has put out some great stuff - particularly some of their early animated features. Loved "The Incredibles."

About the only musical I've ever liked is the "Wizard of Oz" - probably because I grew up seeing it on TV. Heck, until we got color TV in the late '60s (yep, Dinosaur Boy here), I never even realized that it wasn't ALL in color.
haha, dad remembers in the early 60s or late 50s when they had those sheets to cover the tv screen to make it appear to have color. He says the people would have green, blue, and red body parts.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

I do have a thing for Audrey, I must admit.
Most people prefer Kida or Helga though.