New Years Eve Sucks

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

New Years Eve Sucks

Post by Blessed »

I hate New Years. Especially New Years parties. People think I'm a grouch for staying home. New Years Eve feels like a funeral to me. I hate it so much . Another year of my life is gone. Not coming back. It's so depressing. I don't get how people carouse go to parties and cheer with excitement over this. Anyone else feel like this or I'm the only one? y(:|
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: New Years Eve Sucks

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:I hate New Years. Especially New Years parties. People think I'm a grouch for staying home. New Years Eve feels like a funeral to me. I hate it so much . Another year of my life is gone. Not coming back. It's so depressing. I don't get how people carouse go to parties and cheer with excitement over this. Anyone else feel like this or I'm the only one? y(:|
Happy New Year you party pooper!

I know what you mean. Seriously, the nerve of some people for wanting to have fun!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

Blessed wrote:I hate New Years. Especially New Years parties. People think I'm a grouch for staying home. New Years Eve feels like a funeral to me. I hate it so much . Another year of my life is gone. Not coming back. It's so depressing. I don't get how people carouse go to parties and cheer with excitement over this. Anyone else feel like this or I'm the only one? y(:|
Sort of. Well, I don't really get excited about it - we don't usually do anything in particular to celebrate. Time is always marching on though - it's kind of arbitrary to make a fuss about a new year. (It was nice to have another day off work today though! It's New Year's Day evening where I am.) I heard a radio announcer this afternoon saying something about people possibly thinking about their firsts for the year - the first time they had a coffee, went outside or picked up their phone. I was thinking, it's pretty arbitrary - what matters is what we do day to day, like not using our phones too much!

Anyway, don't get depressed but just make the most of your life through the year, then you can look back with satisfaction at what you did for God, for others, for yourself. Hey, I'm going to be 40 this year (aaagh) - I feel as if time's marching faster than ever!
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:
Happy New Year you party pooper!

I know what you mean. Seriously, the nerve of some people for wanting to have fun!
I know right. And if that wasn't enough. They don't even know what's gonna happen in 2018.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Last time I had "fun" on New Years I think I was 15 And now I'm, almost 40.

3....2.....1...... Hooray! I'm older ! Yaay !

I enjoy sitting at home every New Years thumbing my nose..
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:Last time I had "fun" on New Years I think I was 15 And now I'm, almost 40.

3....2.....1...... Hooray! I'm older ! Yaay !

I enjoy sitting at home every New Years thumbing my nose..
Almost 40?

My God, you are old. It's a miracle you're still breathing.
:shock:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Almost 40?

My God, you are old. It's a miracle you're still breathing.
:shock:
Absolutely ancient!

Sincerely,

Methuselah

:pound:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

My prayers are with you Blessed. I know several people in your position, getting on in life and not yet having really settled down, singledom, lonliness and the like and feel much empathy. It might seem selfish, but it reminds me how "blessed" I am to have a loving wife and kids which sadly I've often busied myself with other priorities in life.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Kurieuo wrote: It might seem selfish, but it reminds me how "blessed" I am to have a loving wife and kids which sadly I've often busied myself with other priorities in life.
Yes. Very much so. You should have my screen name. Especially if you're wife is Christian and a good person. After a certain age - Men were not meant to live like this. They were meant to have a wife and family stability involvement and work that entails. People don't know what they have until it's gone.

Lots of guys I've spoken with have expressed "envy" at me being single but in reality it sucks. It's no fun doing 90% of things alone. It sucks. Especially when your conscience will not let you sleep with a cute blonde college student with a bubble butt who wants you for the night cause her friends ditched her. What is the damn point of being single.

I had a loser uncle who told me "your children are your immortality on this earth". He was right. It's good you have kids and a wife. I would gladly trade what I have for this. I don't know why God did not let me marry my first love I met at private Christian school. I don't understand what I did wrong and why this was taken from me. I'm sure I will find out someday and it won't be good.

Thank you for praying for me. That is very kind of you. If their is anything i can do for you please let me know. Thank you.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:

Lots of guys I've spoken with have expressed "envy" at me being single but in reality it sucks. It's no fun doing 90% of things alone. It sucks. Especially when your conscience will not let you sleep with a cute blonde college student with a bubble butt who wants you for the night cause her friends ditched her. What is the damn point of being single.

You sound like an ideal candidate for the priesthood. There. Problem solved. :incense: :samen:

-Edward R Murrow