It's always SOMETHING!

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

It's always SOMETHING!

Post by Philip »

Just got word - now my youngest son, Daniel - he's 14 - has just gone in for appendectomy surgery - his pain started late last night. My oldest had his appendix out in January. Prayers appreciated for smooth procedure and quick recovery.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: It's always SOMETHING!

Post by RickD »

How's Daniel doing?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, thanks for asking! God was very merciful to us today. After Duncan's nightmare with his appendix actually bursting, in January, today's situation went faster and smoother than I would ever have thought possible. As soon as he got to the hospital (he was in terrible pain), they immediately took him back, gave him a sonogram, and within the hour he was on the table with the surgeon. It had not burst, so they removed it, through a scope, watched his recovery for about two hours, and then sent him home with some pain meds. He feels lousy, but at least HE'S AT HOME!!! I'm so thankful we didn't go through the ordeal of January - in which the same hospital didn't even have a cot for Duncan, as he laid down in the car for hours, in agony, and after 12 hours, they finally took him back - and then he stayed in the hospital for two days. This time, we called ahead to see how busy they were, and the fact that a pediatric surgeon operated, guess that's why it went so fast. What a relief. God really worked it out! So appreciate the prayers!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Praise the Lord he is okay!
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

B.W. Praise the Lord he is okay!
Thanks, Bryan! He's a bit groggy from pain meds, but he felt good enough today to go with us to pick out a Christmas tree. :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Thanks, Bryan! He's a bit groggy from pain meds, but he felt good enough today to go with us to pick out a Christmas tree. :D
Pick out a Christmas tree?

Who picks out a Christmas tree anymore?

My pagan tree is a boxed tree. Pre-lighted, and ready to go.

Ain't nobody got time for picking out trees.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

One year, we decided to cut a big cedar on our property for our Christmas tree. Barely got it in through the front door. It turned out to be so heavy, we could't stand it up. Had to use a chainsaw in the house to cut four feet off of it - with the top still reaching 18 feet high. Had to cut it up with the chainsaw after Christmas just to take it back out. Hey, but it was FREE! :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:One year, we decided to cut a big cedar on our property for our Christmas tree. Barely got it in through the front door. It turned out to be so heavy, we could't stand it up. Had to use a chainsaw in the house to cut four feet off of it - with the top still reaching 18 feet high. Had to cut it up with the chainsaw after Christmas just to take it back out. Hey, but it was FREE! :P
And it's people like you who are the cause of global warming climate change!

Trees produce oxygen, and you just killed a tree simply for your pagan holiday!

In this enlightened day and age, that's inexcusable!

Gotta run. It's baby seal clubbing season here in Florida.

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote:Just got word - now my youngest son, Daniel - he's 14 - has just gone in for appendectomy surgery - his pain started late last night. My oldest had his appendix out in January. Prayers appreciated for smooth procedure and quick recovery.
So sorry to hear this. Hope he is ok. Always been scared of this. Hoping he gets better and has a easy recovery.

Duncan is one of my favorite movie characters, the immortal, Duncan McCloud, of the Highlander series.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:
Pick out a Christmas tree?

Who picks out a Christmas tree anymore?

My pagan tree is a boxed tree. Pre-lighted, and ready to go.

Ain't nobody got time for picking out trees.

My mother has always painstakingly kept Christmas. Each year and every year she will spend hours and hours, putting up a tree, with tons of decorations and ornaments, manger scenes, and family herilooms dating back over 120 years. Some years I help her when I'm there. But she's getting older now. I'm wondering if there is an easier way. Perhaps a closet space to keep the tree in, with a base on wheels. I don't know how you could do this with a live tree though.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Philip wrote:Just got word - now my youngest son, Daniel - he's 14 - has just gone in for appendectomy surgery - his pain started late last night. My oldest had his appendix out in January. Prayers appreciated for smooth procedure and quick recovery.
So sorry to hear this. Hope he is ok. Always been scared of this. Hoping he gets better and has a easy recovery.

Duncan is one of my favorite movie characters, the immortal, Duncan McCloud, of the Highlander series.
Thanks, Blessed, he's doing quite well. And as for Duncan, his name did come from our love of watching Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod on TV.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote:

Thanks, Blessed, he's doing quite well. And as for Duncan, his name did come from our love of watching Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod on TV.
Serious? I did not know anyone else liked it that much. Wow. That's amazing. You're wife likes it too?

You can watch all the episodes free on you tube under Cinedigm Highlander.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes, we have a collection of episodes on DVD. Wife loves it - well written, acted.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Yes, we have a collection of episodes on DVD. Wife loves it - well written, acted. She said his pecs are simply to die for!
There Philip, I fixed it for you to reflect true reality.
:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

There Philip, I fixed it for you to reflect true reality.
:mrgreen:
Nah, she's used the seeing a spectacular physical specimen right here at home! :D