Anyone here like to surf?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Anyone here like to surf?

Post by Blessed »

Grew up surfing ages 11-28. It was a very exciting, fun, healthy, healing, elating sport. I thank God for allowing me to participate in his creation. Unfortunaltey, adulthood came calling. Fell out of surfing with responsibilities etc. Hoping to get back in the ocean soon.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Anyone here like to surf?

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:Grew up surfing ages 11-28. It was a very exciting, fun, healthy, healing, elating sport. I thank God for allowing me to participate in his creation. Unfortunaltey, adulthood came calling. Fell out of surfing with responsibilities etc. Hoping to get back in the ocean soon.
Ever since I saw Jaws, I will not get back into the ocean. I did try water skiing once, on a lake, but then I remembered the Loch Ness monster, so I stopped going in lakes.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

No one here strikes me as the surfing type :P
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Blessed wrote:Grew up surfing ages 11-28. It was a very exciting, fun, healthy, healing, elating sport. I thank God for allowing me to participate in his creation. Unfortunaltey, adulthood came calling. Fell out of surfing with responsibilities etc. Hoping to get back in the ocean soon.
Ever since I saw Jaws, I will not get back into the ocean. I did try water skiing once, on a lake, but then I remembered the Loch Ness monster, so I stopped going in lakes.
Then you remembered the monster under your bed....

Guess you dont sleep now either :sleep: y@-)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Then you remembered the monster under your bed....

Guess you dont sleep now either :sleep: y@-)
I think you mean the monster next to me in bed. Menopause is hell!!! y:O2
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:

.. I was watching Jaws on Netflix and drinking Dr. Pepper.. shark attacked me in 1997.. odds of it happening twice should be low enough..
Last edited by Blessed on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Nessa wrote:No one here strikes me as the surfing type :P
You sure?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Blessed wrote:
RickD wrote:

.. I was watching Jaws on Netflix and drinking Dr. Pepper.. shark attacked me in 1997.. odds of it happening twice should be low enough..
Yeah, man up, Rick ;)

Get your a.s.s out in that water and get the first shark attack over with...then you can surf and relax :amen:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yeah, Rick - what could happen?

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Used to surf as a teenager in Portugal.
Fun times.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:Used to surf as a teenager in Portugal.
Fun times.
I can definitely see you as a surfer, Paul.

I did a search of your posts, and it had 95 posts of you calling someone "dude".
:rockcool:

Hey dude, wanna catch some gnarly waves?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Around here, usually someone uses the term "dude" whenever they're irritated or being dismissive of someone.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Around here, usually someone uses the term "dude" whenever they're irritated or being dismissive of someone.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Love the waves, just body surfing is fine for me. Couldn't swim out for a while when my kids were younger. Now they're older 3 out of 4 are able to swim, it's easier to get some time to myself for a bit. It was amazing seeing my daughter (9) and eldest son (7) swim out together, going under waves and the like. Some really big ones.

Then one day my daughter got a little too confident, started swimming out by herself away from me. Tried calling out to her, as waves were really strong and kept coming in groups, figured she might freak out. A few hit consecutively and gave her a few mouthfuls. She panicked, started crying, but was otherwise doing fine.

I had my son on me and had to take him into shallower waters before swimming to get her. Another woman helped my daughter, and although she was generally fine, gave me a bad look like what a bad father. I wasn't too concerned, as I'd seen her the days before and knew she can swim well, but it would have looked quite bad. :P After that incident though, my daughter's confidence went from 1000 to 0 the rest of our holidays.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

K,

With creatures like box jellyfish, Irukandji jellyfish, Blue-ringed octopus, bull sharks, and crocs,
you look like a bad father if you let your children go anywhere near your beaches!

Be a good, normal father, and keep the kids in the house playing Xbox or monopoly.

-Edward R Murrow