Helpful tips for others

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Helpful tips for others

Post by RickD »

Since Nessa is on hiatus from posting these kids of threads, I'll pick up the slack...

Post helpful tips, so others don't make the same stupid mistakes.

I'll start with one that happened to me today.

Do not, ever, under any circumstances, remove a large fire ant pile from away from your house with a leaf blower!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Re: Helpful tips for others

Post by Philip »

Do not, ever, under any circumstances, remove a large fire ant pile from away from your house with a leaf blower!
And HOW long have you been down here? :pound: Ness probably doesn't even know what a fire ant is - too worried about dangerous snakes.

Related, the other insects you better not disturb with a leaf blower are hornets, and especially, yellow jackets. Yellow jackets nest in trees, holes in the ground, thick leafy or grassy cover and they are VERY aggressive. The yellow jacket motto: "You mess with me, you mess with my whole FAMILY!" (and then some! :shock: )
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
And HOW long have you been down here? :pound: Ness probably doesn't even know what a fire ant is - too worried about dangerous snakes.

Related, the other insects you better not disturb with a leaf blower are hornets, and especially, yellow jackets. Yellow jackets nest in trees, holes in the ground, thick leafy or grassy cover and they are VERY aggressive. The yellow jacket motto: "You mess with me, you mess with my whole FAMILY!" (and then some! :shock: )
I have never had any problem removing even the largest fire ant piles with a leaf blower. It just blows in the opposite direction. The issue I had today, was that since it was next to the house, the ant pile and all the ants had no where to go except right back at me.

Of all the creatures here in Florida that people complain about, fire ants are the worst.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:

kurieuo, mel and nicki are the ones who have to check their toilets for snakes...not me :ewink:
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Since Nessa is on hiatus from posting these kids of threads, I'll pick up the slack...

Todays tip:

Dont get shity when your spouse is talking to someone at church and they dont intoduce you to them. They may just be your next door neighbour :oops:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:Since Nessa is on hiatus from posting these kids of threads, I'll pick up the slack...

Todays tip:

Dont get shity when your spouse is talking to someone at church and they dont intoduce you to them. They may just be your next door neighbour :oops:
You only get one chance to make a first impression. Unless you're a man, and you forget you met someone before.

-Edward R Murrow