Music Thread

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Music Thread

Post by Nessa »

Gabrielman wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:We can resurrect that ancient music thread. I already resurrected one thread. Let me search...
in the meanwhile, lets see this-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTn2gSG7es
Potentially all the music threads could be merged... but I also have personal reasons for not bringing up my old one >_> and I'd rather leave it buried and lost if it's all the same to you.

Another song I love from Red:

There is also a song that has a lot of meaning to me, called "What You Keep Alive". The song is about keeping alive the inner darkness in your heart and soul, and it wanting to do nothing more than hurt you, and bring you sorrow. The song starts with the darkness boasting and showing how powerful it is. It's not until the end where the person fighting the dark turns the tables and puts the darkness back where it belongs.
Waking, the nightmare bleeds, over
I’ll fight you, your darkness, feeding

I keep you alive (so I can hurt you)
I lift the knife (I’m what you keep alive)
Now you can’t escape (suffocate, suffocate)
You will feel the pain (suffocate, suffocate)
At that point there, "I keep you alive, so I can hurt you" is in stark contrast to the "You keep me alive so I can hurt you". The darkness is the one who gets hurt in the end.

Does your old music thread bring back bad memories?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by Gabrielman »

Yes it does... Some very bad memories.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Gabrielman wrote:Yes it does... Some very bad memories.
Sorry to hear that :(
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Becoming the Archetype: End of the Age!

A favorite line of mine "He pulls down the sky, to crush His enemies!"

And this one is something dear to me... getting back to God is hard. But it's also rewarding! I am redeemed!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Gabrielman as you seem to tell your story through music it kindof brought this song to mind.

My Own Prison by Creed
https://youtu.be/IeUIkSHYufY
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Gabrielman as you seem to tell your story through music it kindof brought this song to mind.

My Own Prison by Creed
https://youtu.be/IeUIkSHYufY
That's a very good song, and I do tell my story through music, few people seem to understand that though, so color me impressed!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Here's my story, summed up in one song:

http://youtu.be/3Fn36l_z3WY
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

RickD wrote:Here's my story, summed up in one song:

http://youtu.be/3Fn36l_z3WY
This somehow describes how I feel after work today..... :lol:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

This song calls to my very soul...

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4hewEMQUIuU[/youtube]
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

It's A Sadness Runs Through Him by The Hossiers.

Btw, how do you get the vid directly on here rather than the link?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

One thing to keep in mind in all things, in all our trials, and our failings, is that God loves us, and no matter what, He's willing to bridge that gap, cross over that chasm that separates you from Him. Your sins can be forgiven, you can be made clean...

And that's something I have a hard time with. I've never understood why He loves me so much... when I can't even love myself. But lately He's been showing me that more, and showing me that I am loved by others He has placed in my life. It's a hard thing to grasp for me, perhaps because love seems like such a foreign concept to me. This song, describes how I feel:

But He is amazing isn't He?

I was so scared of everything you put in front of me {Fear is something that has broken me before... I was scared of what He had shown me I could be, scared of what He has for me, because I never felt I deserved it...}

I'm the type of person who lets fear drive
I'm the type of guy that lets it drive
Cause I'm addicted, I'm needy
I'm lost without you
I need you
I need you
{and that fear can be so powerful that it keeps you from God Himself... but it's in that time when I realized I needed Him more than ever.}
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Story: It's A Sadness Runs Through Him by The Hossiers.
Uh, I think you meant "The HOOSIERS?"

They are VERY different, oddball guitar-driven English Indie band. I'll have to listen to more.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Storyteller wrote:It's A Sadness Runs Through Him by The Hossiers.

Btw, how do you get the vid directly on here rather than the link?
Storyteller wrote:[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4hewEMQUIuU[/youtube]
That part I put in bold, that's all you need, then you paste it in and it works... somehow

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

In my darkest hours I was able to see the light. Friends and family who had been cut off from me were there for me. Sometimes we need to be in the dark to see the light. God reached down at that time, and picked me up.