Music Thread

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Music Thread

Post by Gabrielman »

So a long time ago, we had a music thread... I have no idea where, but it's ancient and I figured it might be a good idea to make a new one where people can post some of their favorite songs/bands for others to enjoy. One such band I enjoy is Red, and a couple of years ago they released a new album called "Of Beauty and Rage". That entire album speaks volumes to me, as it's about a descent into darkness, and fighting against the dark being you can become when stuck in such a vile place (speaking from personal experience....) and about ascending from the darkness.

Growth is accomplished by the hard times in our lives, not the easy ones. There are several songs in this album that have great meaning to me. One of them is "Of these chains". Perhaps I will go into why it's important later on, but it brings to mind someone special to me:

The other is "Yours Again". It's a song about getting back to God... something I struggled with a lot during the dark time in my life. Getting back to God is hard, it's not easy. It's emotional, painful even, but at the same time, peaceful and loving. It's hard to describe:

Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Music Thread

Post by Storyteller »

One of my absolute favourite songs... This is the only video I could find (sorry about the subtitles)

Time by Bens Brother (off the Beta Male Fairytales album)
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=be ... ORM=VRDGAR
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

The most underrated musician/singer of all-time! Remember, I didn't start this thread.

http://youtu.be/YUD_aeVi_bY
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Gabrielman wrote:So a long time ago, we had a music thread... I have no idea where, but it's ancient and I figured it might be a good idea to make a new one where people can post some of their favorite songs/bands for others to enjoy. One such band I enjoy is Red, and a couple of years ago they released a new album called "Of Beauty and Rage". That entire album speaks volumes to me, as it's about a descent into darkness, and fighting against the dark being you can become when stuck in such a vile place (speaking from personal experience....) and about ascending from the darkness.

Growth is accomplished by the hard times in our lives, not the easy ones. There are several songs in this album that have great meaning to me. One of them is "Of these chains". Perhaps I will go into why it's important later on, but it brings to mind someone special to me:

The other is "Yours Again". It's a song about getting back to God... something I struggled with a lot during the dark time in my life. Getting back to God is hard, it's not easy. It's emotional, painful even, but at the same time, peaceful and loving. It's hard to describe:

Did someone say Red......

also Sia is a favourite tho this song has gotten (wrongly) criticized as being pedophilia type stuff..

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa,

Between your pedo clown avatar picture, and your video of Shia in the buff lusting after a pre-teen girl, I'm REALLY starting to be concerned about you!

Is the pedophelia lifestyle "normal" where you live?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Nessa,

Between your pedo clown avatar picture, and your video of Shia in the buff lusting after a pre-teen girl, I'm REALLY starting to be concerned about you!

I would explain the vid to you but im afraid you wouldnt be able to handle such depth... :shakehead:

paddling pool is over that way >>>>>>>>>
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:

I would explain the vid to you but im afraid you wouldnt be able to handle such depth... :shakehead:

Oh, you mean it's art?

Pardon me if I don't think subtle, or even not so subtle pedophelia in a music video is deep. It looks pretty disgusting. I'm not sure how the maker of the video tries to weasel his way out of that.

Seriously, in what world is it fine, for a 30 year old man to dance around in nude underwear, with a 12 year old girl, in a nude leotard.

Did Shia think this was perfectly ok?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Oh, you mean it's art?

Pardon me if I don't think subtle, or even not so subtle pedophelia in a music video is deep. It looks pretty disgusting. I'm not sure how the maker of the video tries to weasel his way out of that.
Whats disgusting about it?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Oh, you mean it's art?

See my edit to my above post. He's a 30 year old man, dancing in nude underwear, with a 12 year old girl, in a nude leotard. Just because it's labeled as "art", that doesn't mean it's not disgusting. You seriously think there's nothing wrong with that video?

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Oh, you mean it's art?

See my edit to my above post. He's a 30 year old man, dancing in nude underwear, with a 12 year old girl, in a nude leotard. Just because it's labeled as "art", that doesn't mean it's not disgusting. You seriously think there's nothing wrong with that video?
I'm not sure if that would be actual pedophilia, hebephilia (preference to early pubescent people like 12 year olds) or just a possible molester who would otherwise not do it. I'm not defending the actions but when people say someone's a pedophile when otherwise they wouldn't like children is misleading. I digress.
Just thinking, wouldn't this kind of thing depend on culture? In many places as soon as one hit puberty they were ok to get married and have sex, and some people go into puberty at like 9 years old. Yeek...
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Tbh that girl looks like a teenager. It's her face.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:The most underrated musician/singer of all-time! Remember, I didn't start this thread.

http://youtu.be/YUD_aeVi_bY
I think that award goes to Zlad, but i'm not sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBHfXPqbgI
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

We can resurrect that ancient music thread. I already resurrected one thread. Let me search...
in the meanwhile, lets see this-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTn2gSG7es
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:We can resurrect that ancient music thread. I already resurrected one thread. Let me search...
in the meanwhile, lets see this-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTn2gSG7es
Potentially all the music threads could be merged... but I also have personal reasons for not bringing up my old one >_> and I'd rather leave it buried and lost if it's all the same to you.

Another song I love from Red:

There is also a song that has a lot of meaning to me, called "What You Keep Alive". The song is about keeping alive the inner darkness in your heart and soul, and it wanting to do nothing more than hurt you, and bring you sorrow. The song starts with the darkness boasting and showing how powerful it is. It's not until the end where the person fighting the dark turns the tables and puts the darkness back where it belongs.
Waking, the nightmare bleeds, over
I’ll fight you, your darkness, feeding

I keep you alive (so I can hurt you)
I lift the knife (I’m what you keep alive)
Now you can’t escape (suffocate, suffocate)
You will feel the pain (suffocate, suffocate)
At that point there, "I keep you alive, so I can hurt you" is in stark contrast to the "You keep me alive so I can hurt you". The darkness is the one who gets hurt in the end.

Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.