Wife rant

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Wife rant

Post by RickD »

I can't understand my wife. I went out and bought her a nice, white dress. Instead of just thanking me, she needed to know why I bought it. I told her that the dishwasher should match the rest of the appliances.

I thought it was a nice gesture. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Wife rant

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:I can't understand my wife. I went out and bought her a nice, white dress. Instead of just thanking me, she needed to know why I bought it. I told her that the dishwasher should match the rest of the appliances.

From observation and experience, girls can sometimes be hard to understand.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:I can't understand my wife. I went out and bought her a nice, white dress. Instead of just thanking me, she needed to know why I bought it. I told her that the dishwasher should match the rest of the appliances.

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quite obviously the magnitude of your magnanimous gesture is lost on the wench. :shakehead:
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I suppose in this instance I see the point the wife has.
I wonder if she's watching us now, i wonder what she'd think?
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Did she at least buy you a black and blue suit to match your face? :boxing:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:

Did she at least buy you a black and blue suit to match your face? :boxing:
I find that extremely insulting!

Who let you out of the kitchen?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Listen, you are a mere mortal man - you will never figure out a hormone-driven creature that can be like an emotional chameleon. Remember that song: "I fought the hormones, and the hormones won!" I think The Clash just ripped it off and swapped out "hormones" for "the law." Basically, same deal - hormones will win every time - just roll with it. :?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:Listen, you are a mere mortal man - you will never figure out a hormone-driven creature that can be like an emotional chameleon. Remember that song: "I fought the hormones, and the hormones won!" I think The Clash just ripped it off and swapped out "hormones" for "the law." Basically, same deal - hormones will win every time - just roll with it. :?
images (8).jpg
images (8).jpg (30.42 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Listen, you are a mere mortal man - you will never figure out a hormone-driven creature that can be like an emotional chameleon. Remember that song: "I fought the hormones, and the hormones won!" I think The Clash just ripped it off and swapped out "hormones" for "the law." Basically, same deal - hormones will win every time - just roll with it. :?
I thought women wanted honesty...

My wife asked me, "Be honest, does this dress make me look fat?"

My honest answer:
"No, the dress does not make you look fat. Your fat a$$ makes you look fat."

Honesty is NOT always the best policy!

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: "No, the dress does not make you look fat. Your fat a$$ makes you look fat."

Honesty is NOT always the best policy!
The very fact that you are alive to type that is a stunning miracle! Actually, there's no way it's not a fake quote!
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:
images (8).jpg
That's funny but why's it always assumed that women are the touchy ones? In our house I like things to be relaxed, happy and harmonious, and to always discuss problems calmly, but hubby has a tendency to get worked up about things.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Nessa wrote:
images (8).jpg
I used that guide once and almost got punched in the face
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:
That's funny but why's it always assumed that women are the touchy ones? In our house I like things to be relaxed, happy and harmonious, and to always discuss problems calmly, but hubby has a tendency to get worked up about things.
images (7).jpg
images (7).jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
download.png
download.png (9.46 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

Nessa wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Nessa wrote:
images (7).jpg
download.png
OK :mrgreen: Maybe hormones have something to do with it - if so I think he's affected by them more than I am!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Rick, get her a bottle of Ripple or White Rocket - cheapest wine there is...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys