Sweet 16 Hoops

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Sweet 16 Hoops

Post by Philip »

Woohoo! Carolina just blew out Baylor to make the Elite 8! Final Four next!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Sweet 16 Hoops

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote:Woohoo! Carolina just blew out Baylor to make the Elite 8! Final Four next!
Didn't know that. Where'd you get this info from?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Woohoo! Carolina just blew out Baylor to make the Elite 8! Final Four next!
What are you talking about? The real Carolina team beat Butler.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

WHO???!!!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:WHO???!!!
Ok. Google, "Carolina Basketball", Mr. Bigshot, and you'll see who. Only one team comes up in the search. The real Carolina team. You know, the team where the greatest basketball player of all-time, played his college hoops.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

OK, Rick, you can reminisce all day about the "olden" days, but UNC, they're not even in the top five. They haven't won a title in 8 years. :ebiggrin:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:OK, Rick, you can reminisce all day about the "olden" days, but UNC, they're not even in the top five. They haven't won a title in 8 years. :ebiggrin:
Hey, I'm no UNC fan, but I'd take an olden days UNC/Duke rivalry, over what passes for basketball now.

I was a huge basketball fan in the 80's up to the mid 90's. The game just isn't the same anymore.

I guess if I were a Gamecocks fan, I'd enjoy it now. It's pretty rare that they make it this far into the tournament, isn't it?

Btw,

I was searching for the last time South Carolina won the NCAA tournament, and I can't find any info. When was the last time they won? :wave:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip,

I'm not really a college sports fan, but if I had to pick a team to root for, it would be the Florida Gators. And since these Florida Gators happen to be playing your South Carolina Capons, care for a friendly wager? y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nah. Seriously, just because I graduated from USC, I only watch them, in any sport, for really big games or if they are winning consistently. For basketball, USC's glory days of consistently being in the top five, were back in the early 70s - under Frank McGuire. And McGuire, before that period of greatness with USC, actually had already been head coach at St. Johns. Then he went to be head couch with UNC, where in their 1956-57 season they went undefeated (32-0), capped off by UNC winning an unreal NCAA championship game, in a 54-53 in triple overtime against the Wilt Chamberlain-led Kansas Jayhawks. College basketball in SC would never had become a big deal without the great McGuire. Maybe their time has come again? y:-? But a dynasty and legacy like UNC, with Jordan, Dean Smith and Co. - really, how rare and wonderful.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Woo Hoo! USC made the Final Four! Defense works - as long as it's backed up by some good offense. So, if UNC wins, it'll be an all-CAROLINA final. But that's a game away, so, hopefully USC will keep their mojo working!

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Woo Hoo! USC made the Final Four! Defense works - as long as it's backed up by some good offense. So, if UNC wins, it'll be an all-CAROLINA final. But that's a game away, so, hopefully USC will keep their mojo working!

Even a blind capon finds a worm, from time to time.

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Did y'all hear about some guy called Bam Bam? I think he was number 3 on the Carolinas.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, the Gamecocks went down, but not without a great effort - they got it to just down two with less than a minute. TOTAL respect - they were up against two 7-footers inside. One, who has a great inside game and can shoot well outside. Those guys take up a lot of real estate. Still, USC's women are playing for the national title.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Still, USC's women are playing for the national title.
The Trojans?

-Edward R Murrow

peter007
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by peter007 »

mind if i join the conversation??