Falsely Accused of Murder

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Falsely Accused of Murder

Post by ultimate777 »

This question is inspired by the 1981 movie "Pennies from Heaven" set in 1934 when there was no TV or cell phones.

Suppose you are young and healthy, and you have been out of touch of the news for several days and when you get back to the big city you find you are wanted for a murder you absolutely did not commit, and didn't even know about, about what percentage of people do you think would turn themselves in and what would try to avoid capture?

Me, my friend watching the movie with me, and the guy's girlfriend, thought he should go to the police, but NO--OOO......
patrick
Established Member

Re: Falsely Accused of Murder

Post by patrick »

I don't know about a percentage, but if it were me I'd turn myself in unless I stumbled upon reports that made me think I was being framed. I do think it's easy though to get freaked and split when finding out something like that, then feeling like you'd better keep hiding because you ran away as a first reaction, so now you just look guilty.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

67.5% would turn themselves in.

29.5% would run and hide.

3% would call Trump a fascist.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

It was a one-armed man, I swear!
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
Ecclesiastes12
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Ecclesiastes12 »

It's a bad situation, but if you don't turn yourself in, you will be assumed to be guilty for the murder.