Feb. 14th - What's the Plan?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Feb. 14th - What's the Plan?

Post by Philip »

OK, guys, do you do anything special with your love on Valentine's Day? Just a card and candy? Flowers? Dinner? Just a "Happy VD, love." Yeah, yeah, there's THAT - but anything else?

Rick probably tells his wife she doesn't have to make him any samwiches tomorrow - lovingly gives her a day off. :D

Unfortunately, my anniversary is also this month. I thought about suggesting some kind of combo celebration night - but that's probably a bad idea to bring up (Plus, I'm not suicidal!). My wife is very sentimental about holidays - even though Hallmark probably lobbied Congress for half of them. Or is it celebrated all over?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Feb. 14th - What's the Plan?

Post by RickD »

I tell my wife that Valentine's Day is nothing but a holiday created to sell more crap.

She's lucky to have me 365 days out of the year. We don't need no marketing gimmick to show our love for each other.

:giverose:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:OK, guys, do you do anything special with your love on Valentine's Day? Just a card and candy? Flowers? Dinner? Just a "Happy VD, love." Yeah, yeah, there's THAT - but anything else?

Rick probably tells his wife she doesn't have to make him any samwiches tomorrow - lovingly gives her a day off. :D

Unfortunately, my anniversary is also this month. I thought about suggesting some kind of combo celebration night - but that's probably a bad idea to bring up (Plus, I'm not suicidal!). My wife is very sentimental about holidays - even though Hallmark probably lobbied Congress for half of them. Or is it celebrated all over?
Our anniversary is the same month too... this Saturday... what about yours?

He gave me flowers - a canvas of painted red roses. Wise man cos I always forget to water the real ones y#-o

I got him sweet stuff which is not part of my current diet. So he will actually get to eat it.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: I tell my wife that Valentine's Day is nothing but a holiday created to sell more crap.

She's lucky to have me 365 days out of the year. We don't need no marketing gimmick to show our love for each other.

:giverose:
No tickle time for Rick! :lol:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ness: Our anniversary is the same month too... this Saturday... what about yours?
Happy whatever number, Nessa! Ours is number 28 - which is so strange because I was only 31 when I married. Ours is on the 25th. The strange thing is, you are in summer, we are in winter. We got married in Feb because I wanted to go skiing in Colorado. Here, almost everyone gets married in April and May, or early summer (due to the heat). It snowed significantly the day before our wedding, and we at first thought people wouldn't be able to get here because we didn't know if the interstates north of us would be closed. And we had a night wedding, so as we were leaving and people were throwing rice (quaint, 20th century custom), there was snow and ice everywhere and it was about 18 degrees F outside. Everyone froze while waiting on us to drive away, but I couldn't figure out how to start an unfamiliar rental car in the dark (couldn't find the key insert). Almost no one here gets married in winter.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Philip wrote:OK, guys, do you do anything special with your love on Valentine's Day? Just a card and candy? Flowers? Dinner? Just a "Happy VD, love." Yeah, yeah, there's THAT - but anything else?

yes valentine's day is the only day out of the year where you can say Happy VD and it doesnt make anyone mad.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:

yes valentine's day is the only day out of the year where you can say Happy VD and it doesnt make anyone mad.
That's awful. How could you say that? Now I'm mad. :-x
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

That's awful. How could you say that? Now I'm mad. :-x
:pound:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them