Passengers: Would you?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Would you have woken someone?

Yes
3
43%
No
4
57%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Passengers: Would you?

Postby Nessa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:21 pm

The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

You can see the trailer here...



My question to you is this:

If you were the guy on board, would you have woken someone up?
Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.
Last edited by Nessa on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17304
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby RickD » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Nessa wrote:The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

You can see the trailer here...



My question to you is this:

If you were the guy on board, would you have woken someone up?
Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.

I would've woken someone up, but not a blonde.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Nessa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 pm

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

You can see the trailer here...



My question to you is this:

If you were the guy on board, would you have woken someone up?
Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.

I would've woken someone up, but not a blonde.



Such a predictable answer from you :shakehead:

Personally I thought this was a great question and think a few would be tempted to presumptuously say no they wouldnt. It reminds me of the tom hanks film where he was stranded on an island. I think that kind of isolation for 90 years could quite possible drive someone insane. We are social creatures.
Last edited by Nessa on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17304
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby RickD » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

You can see the trailer here...



My question to you is this:

If you were the guy on board, would you have woken someone up?
Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.

I would've woken someone up, but not a blonde.



Such a predictable answer from you :shakehead:

Personally I thought this was a great question and think a few would be tempted to say presumptuously no they wouldnt. It reminds me of the tom hanks film where he was stranded on an island. I think that kinda of isolation for 90 years could quite possible drive someone insane. We are social creatures.

I guess you're right. If there were no brunettes, I suppose I'd wake up the blonde. y>:D<

Edit: The question is a no-brainer. Any red-blooded man would wake up a woman. It's not good for man to be alone.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Nessa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:13 pm

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

You can see the trailer here...



My question to you is this:

If you were the guy on board, would you have woken someone up?
Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.

I would've woken someone up, but not a blonde.



Such a predictable answer from you :shakehead:

Personally I thought this was a great question and think a few would be tempted to say presumptuously no they wouldnt. It reminds me of the tom hanks film where he was stranded on an island. I think that kinda of isolation for 90 years could quite possible drive someone insane. We are social creatures.

I guess you're right. If there were no brunettes, I suppose I'd wake up the blonde. y>:D<

Edit: The question is a no-brainer. Any red-blooded man would wake up a woman. It's not good for man to be alone.


Perhaps. But perhaps not.
And also, how long would you wait then, before you did?

The guy in the movie went through a great internal struggle not to wake the girl up and it lasted a year. Before he did, he went to comitte suicide and then backed out of it.

He could see his own misery and wished to not cause another the same fate. Its not a simple decision.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17304
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby RickD » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:The other week, I needed time out so I went out to the movies and watched 'Passengers'

You can see the trailer here...



My question to you is this:

If you were the guy on board, would you have woken someone up?
Remember you are on a ship and you will spend the next 90 years alone on it unless you choose to awaken another.

I would've woken someone up, but not a blonde.



Such a predictable answer from you :shakehead:

Personally I thought this was a great question and think a few would be tempted to say presumptuously no they wouldnt. It reminds me of the tom hanks film where he was stranded on an island. I think that kinda of isolation for 90 years could quite possible drive someone insane. We are social creatures.

I guess you're right. If there were no brunettes, I suppose I'd wake up the blonde. y>:D<

Edit: The question is a no-brainer. Any red-blooded man would wake up a woman. It's not good for man to be alone.


Perhaps. But perhaps not.
And also, how long would you wait then, before you did?

The guy in the movie went through a great internal struggle not to wake the girl up and it lasted a year. Before he did, he went to comitte suicide and then backed out of it.

He could see his own misery and wished to not cause another the same fate. Its not a simple decision.

Well, that's not fair! I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know the circumstances. But I will say that it probably would've been a crappy movie if he didn't wake anyone. ;)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Hortator
Valued Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Hortator » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Nope, seems selfish to wake up somebody else since you can't know what they'd have chosen.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8560
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Kurieuo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Nessa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Kurieuo wrote:Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P


Ah kurieuo, you know me better than that ;)

You know exactly what I would have done

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8560
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Kurieuo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P


Ah kurieuo, you know me better than that ;)

You know exactly what I would have done

I would have looked for some hot blonde like that guy appears to have done and woken her up.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Nessa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:55 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P


Ah kurieuo, you know me better than that ;)

You know exactly what I would have done

I would have looked for some hot blonde like that guy appears to have done and woken her up.


Uh oh, you better pray Mrs K doesnt wake up early as well y[-o<

AWKWARD :shock:

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8560
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Kurieuo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:36 am

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P


Ah kurieuo, you know me better than that ;)

You know exactly what I would have done

I would have looked for some hot blonde like that guy appears to have done and woken her up.


Uh oh, you better pray Mrs K doesnt wake up early as well y[-o<

AWKWARD :shock:

Oh, I thought the hypothetical included if I wasn't married. :econfused: If she was there, then I'd probably give her a break and let her sleep. Rather than a hot blonde, wake up the woman who I felt would make the best sandwiches.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby Nessa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:55 am

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Nessa would have woken everyone up I bet. She'd die without conversation, right Ness? :P


Ah kurieuo, you know me better than that ;)

You know exactly what I would have done

I would have looked for some hot blonde like that guy appears to have done and woken her up.


Uh oh, you better pray Mrs K doesnt wake up early as well y[-o<

AWKWARD :shock:

Oh, I thought the hypothetical included if I wasn't married. :econfused: If she was there, then I'd probably give her a break and let her sleep. Rather than a hot blonde, wake up the woman who I felt would make the best sandwiches.


What?! hot blondes cant make great sandwiches? If I was hot, I would be insulted! y[-(

Oh and give her a break? Uh huh, okay ;)

User avatar
patrick
Established Member
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:59 am
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Austin, Tx

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby patrick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 am

I probably wouldn't, but I might depending on what there was to do alone vs with others

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:18 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Postby melanie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:09 am

I haven't seen the movie but I think the question of what was there to do alone would be go totally insane vs with others would be companionship.
My eldest daughter saw this movie and loved it,
She said she wouldn't give away the storyline, thanks Nessa :ewink: but he did what he had too.
To be without any human contact is a form of torture, so me thinks he did what he thought was his only option.
Wake the hot blonde,
Jennifer Lawrence is hot, and an incredible actress so probably not a bad thing :mrgreen:


Return to “Friendly Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest