Passengers: Would you?

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!

Would you have woken someone?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Post by crochet1949 »

I would have woken up someone, yes. Maybe the Next situation would have been -- Could someone be woken up?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Passengers: Would you?

Post by edwardmurphy »

If the ship was in danger and the choice was to wake the necessary experts or let everyone die then yes, I'd wake someone up.

If the issue was just that I got royally screwed by a glitch and I was alone and lonely then no. That would be a horrible, selfish thing to do. I'd be taking their future away from them and forcing them to live and die as my only companion. They have no input and no choice in the matter. Besides that, they'd probably HATE me for doing that to them. How could they not? I'd start our new relationship with an unequivocal demonstration of my complete indifference to their plans, hopes, dreams, and needs, not to mention their other relationships. If someone did that to me I'd be thinking about a murder-suicide from Day One.